Author Topic: When PROS COME OFF DRUGS.  (Read 22932 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: When PROS COME OFF DRUGS.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 09:00:16 AM »
I just find it interesting that virtually ALL of the Natural Champions of yesteryear, such as Grimek,Reeves, Lallane etc...  all continued to train.

While they may not have gone nearly as much, they surely did not let themselves just go.  They were able to always look the part even when not training hard.

honestly it's all a part of that generation, this generation has easy access to everything now, guys back then had to work and we're very used to hard work, 99 percent of "bodybuilders" today would die halfway through one of Grimek's workouts.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »
 :D Then they go to thier doctor to get it done legally right ... well thats what one well know pro said... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
L

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
I dont see coleman, give up the gym all together, when he retires. he maynot go balls-to-the-wall, but he'll retain a good physique thru his 50's
Get Big, or Die Trying

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
  Same thing with Mike Morris.

Mike Morris still trains. Yeah, he's a lot smaller, but he still trains casually. I'd imagine that when you first come off of really high doses, your body won't allow you to train balls out because of all the haywire going on with your test levles.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 09:02:54 AM »
Mike Morris still trains. Yeah, he's a lot smaller, but he still trains casually. I'd imagine that when you first come off of really high doses, your body won't allow you to train balls out because of all the haywire going on with your test levles.

bullshit, that's an excuse, your body is a lot stronger than people give it credit for it's their minds that are weak.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 09:03:09 AM »
I wonder if excessive steroid use for long periods of time just ruins the body so bad, that training and dieting naturally is not an option.  Perhaps the body  is so ravaged and the mental toll so great, that it just doesn`t work anymore.

Perhaps it is the end.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 09:03:43 AM »
lee haney and dorian still train, don't they? dorian is still in decent shape, as is mike christian.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 09:05:46 AM »
bullshit, that's an excuse, your body is a lot stronger than people give it credit for it's their minds that are weak.

Perhaps you're right. I'm just spectulating. I've never been on gear

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »
        , that's an excuse, your body is a lot stronger than people give it credit for it's their minds that are weak.

I dont think so sarc.....Going balls to the wall when you have the testosterone of a girlscout is the worse thing you can do.     

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 09:08:05 AM »
I dont think so sarc.....Going balls to the wall when you have the testosterone of a girlscout is the worse thing you can do.     
ok, "gatrainer" you're probably the type of guy who does one set per bodypart because you don't want to "overtrain". ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »
lee haney and dorian still train, don't they? dorian is still in decent shape, as is mike christian.

and they're natural too ::)

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:16 AM »
ok, "gatrainer" you're probably the type of guy who does one set per bodypart because you don't want to "overtrain". ::)
yep...and that one set would be cable crossovers.....I do drop set though

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 10:35:12 AM »
just shut up trueanus!

You would suck even if you juiced! Roids don't work for barnyard ears!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:05 AM »
I`d like to hear a Pros take on the way he feels and thinks when he comes off of drugs completely.

Is it a rude awakening?  Do you feel awful?  Are you depressed?  Does it f**k with your head?  Can you still even bring yourself to train?  Do you then realize its harder to stay lean as opposed to when on drugs?

I`d like to hear from Shawn Ray or anyone for that matter.

r u a virgin?
carpe` vaginum!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 10:43:54 AM »
Dorian has been known to go back on the gear long after he retired. I used to train at Temple Gym and saw the difference in him first hand. You could tell when he was on and when he wasn't. It was no big deal really - he used to do it all the time.

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 10:47:56 AM »
True Adonis first of all I belive you just jealous that you will never look like a pro. You do have serious issues and obsession about drugs.
I think the fact that you know that naturally you will never even look like average national cometitor makes you a very sad, sad person who tries his best to make himself belive that "it's all about drugs"
Well whatever makes you feel good I guess.
Now to the subject. Besides the fact that steroids exist in all professional sports and it's safe to say that all athletes use performance enhancers to some extent, it's still obvious that to be a bodybuilder you must have genetics to respond to training, nutrition and yes drugs.
Even without the drugs the top Olympia competitors with proper training, nutrition, rest would look way better than average Joe (and that includes you too). The drugs simply enhance the work, diet, dedication and genetics.
As for who keeps training after their career is over that is individual decision.
Will you ever start a threat not related to drugs?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »
True Adonis first of all I belive you just jealous that you will never look like a pro. You do have serious issues and obsession about drugs.
I think the fact that you know that naturally you will never even look like average national cometitor makes you a very sad, sad person who tries his best to make himself belive that "it's all about drugs"
Now to the subject. Besides the fact that steroids exist in all professional sports and it's safe to say that all athletes use performance enhancers to some extent, it's still obvious that to be a bodybuilder you must have genetics to respond to training, nutrition and yes drugs.
Even without the drugs the top Olympia competitors with proper training, nutrition, rest would look way better than average Joe (and that includes you too). The drugs simply enhance the work, diet, dedication and genetics.
As for who keeps training after their career is over that is individual decision.

A pros physique is awful looking in my opinion.  Steve Reeves, John Grimek and Clarence Ross is what I want to look like.

Frank Zane isn`t so bad either.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:52 AM »

Thats not true.  Have you ever seen Chris Dickerson off of drugs?

Phil Heath before drugs?  Dexter Jackson wasn`t even over 140 lbs or Dave Henry.

The Pros would not be anything special naturally.  They are just like everyone else.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »
A pros physique is awful looking in my opinion.  Steve Reeves, John Grimek and Clarence Ross is what I want to look like.

Frank Zane isn`t so bad either.

who cares? really, it is irrelevant

fact of the matter is, nobody is going anywhere in modern competitive bb without drugs

you can bitch and moan about it all you want, but the facts will remain the same

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:22 AM »
Thats not true.  Have you ever seen Chris Dickerson off of drugs?

Phil Heath before drugs?  Dexter Jackson wasn`t even over 140 lbs or Dave Henry.

The Pros would not be anything special naturally.  They are just like everyone else.

How many people do you know of that use drugs and don't look like a pro? Why isn't everyone on the steroid boards a pro?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2006, 11:00:26 AM »
I wonder if excessive steroid use for long periods of time just ruins the body so bad, that training and dieting naturally is not an option.  Perhaps the body  is so ravaged and the mental toll so great, that it just doesn`t work anymore.

Perhaps it is the end.

for some people this is actually true, i know guys who have been on for decades and were 325 at 5'8 with abs and seperation that tried to go off and the Dr's basically told them they cant. They will literally fall apart and there health will fail. They had to be on something for the rest of there lives even if only 200mgs. That takes megadosing for years on end though

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:06 AM »
TA, I understand some of your points & actually agree with some of them. However, I have to agree with the statement below.

You do have serious issues and obsession about drugs.

Why do you seem to care so much if someone's on gear or not?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »
for some people this is actually true, i know guys who have been on for decades and were 325 at 5'8 with abs and seperation that tried to go off and the Dr's basically told them they cant. They will literally fall apart and there health will fail. They had to be on something for the rest of there lives even if only 200mgs. That takes megadosing for years on end though
definatly scary. is that pros or just mostly gym rats that abuse the stuff.
bodybuildersreality.com

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2006, 11:03:07 AM »

Perhaps it is the end.

can you en light us with some scientific evidence here? we are not talking about the crack cocaine that you are on right?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »
definatly scary. is that pros or just mostly gym rats that abuse the stuff.

most are not even pros but do well nationally