Author Topic: What are all you SUV owners gonna do when oil doubles over the next 5 years?  (Read 5226 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Don't own a car sorry... live in the centre of a large city so don't need one

Obviously you aren't an American. Americans don't waste energy worrying about things that haven't come to pass.
The House that Ruth built

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
I like em both.  (Italian = French) > Asian > Swiedish > Arabic > Indian > American > South American > English (except Fish & Chips, scones, Tea, fried tomatoes, sheppard's pie)

You like em both exactly? Bullshit. ::)

If you could only eat one for the rest of your life... what would you chose? :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
You like em both exactly? Bullshit. ::)

If you could only eat one for the rest of your life... what would you chose? :-*

I don't have to make that choice.  That's why i like them both equally. If i had a choice of places to eat Italian or French i would choose french only becuase there aren't as many french places to eat around where i live as ther are Italian.  If there were an equal amount of each i would split it 50/50.

But if i had to make a choice....  It would be Italian.   ;)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Typical libby responce... diverting from answering the question till the very end...

So your list is:

Italian > French > Asian > Swiedish > Arabic > Indian > American > South American > English
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Typical libby responce... diverting from answering the question till the very end...

So your list is:

Italian > French > Asian > Swiedish > Arabic > Indian > American > South American > English

Typical conny response...putting words into someone's mouth to discredit them while ignoring reality.

I don't have to chose either and given they are both avialable in the same frequency i like them equally.

It's very typical of liberals to take a simple concept and make it more complicated and conversley it's typical for a conservative to take a complex issue and make it simple. 

But the fact remains:  People of the world agree:  French food is better then English food.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
English chicks have big boobs.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
To live a comfortable life here, it takes 2 almost 6 figure incomes and even those are bitching.  I guess that's why they all go where 240 is to live the last years of their lives.  Sad, but true.  The SUV.  It used to cost 10 to fill the tank, then 20 now 30 doesn't even top it off.  It's raining and I'm board.

Florida had a huge population spike in last 10 years, but it's still dirt cheap to live here, once you have a home.  And, thanks to interest rates being what they were, everyone and their mother built a house in the last 5 years.  Now that the bubble has burst, everyone is realizing that they have a $400k mortgage and a home that they can only sell for $200k.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Florida had a huge population spike in last 10 years, but it's still dirt cheap to live here, once you have a home.  And, thanks to interest rates being what they were, everyone and their mother built a house in the last 5 years.  Now that the bubble has burst, everyone is realizing that they have a $400k mortgage and a home that they can only sell for $200k.

That should be about the time I'm ready to open a store their and live the rest of my life on meals on wheels and that sweet government check.  My place will be worth over a mil by then and I'm outta here.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Which doesn't really matter if you're not planning to sell.  We had the same boom here the past few years.  The market was white hot.  A house would have several offers only hours after being listed.  There was almost no inventory for many realtors.  It's starting to cool, but the only ones who will have problems are investors and those trying to move.  We bought in the middle the seller's market, but we'll be in our house for about 10 years, so the peaks and valleys don't really matter much (although the equity is nice).  But I do expect there to be a spike in foreclosures in the next year, particularly by those who are upside down and trying to move. 

jwb

• Getbig V
some more thoughts about the supply side of oil and where it is going.

everyone agrees there is lots of oil left within the planet but the problem is the cost of getting whats left out.

the huge saudi fields that are starting to deplete are cheap cheap cheap to extract from. you could basically drill a hole and it would sometimes even come to the surface itself.

no new big oil fields (saudi scale) have been discovered for 30 freaking years. the ones that are coming up are small and often remote...they are costing a lot to discover, a lot to setup and a lot to get the oil out because they are having to drill deeper and deeper in more dangerous conditions.

these new fields can ONLY be viable if the price of oil remains where it is or even higher.