Author Topic: SODA!  (Read 7229 times)

BabyBallsMcgee

Re: SODA!
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:36 PM »
Hey guys, if you are so concerned with consuming the actual liquid from the diet sodas.. there is a new study that reveals if you stick the entire can up your ass, you can enjoy the flavors of the diet soda and also the great sensation of penetration (as the articles suggest).

For someone like ALEX , he will need to put a whole 12 pack up there though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »
Im on my third soda in 10 minutes by the way. hahahahah

thirstier than a nympho in a sperm clinic.

i drink about a 2-liter of diet dr pep every day and at least one pitcher of crystal lite

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »
Okay I am taking it that I am not fat now because of the diet sodas. Now lets talk about donuts.

Bast175

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 10:24:12 PM »
Diet soda is Nectar of the Gods.  It fills you up like no other beverage, keeping cravings at bay.  It's God's gift to bodybuilding (other than Alexxx of course).

Downing 5 packets of splenda hits the spot when you're looking for something sweet.

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »
Bast couldn't have said it any better.

If you have a sweet craving, take a few splenda packets under the tounge and use some will power to kill the sugar cravings.

Sugar free jello is also a good one to use.

Diet sodas are the best , they fill you up with the carbonation. When I got ready for a show and was told to cut out diet sodas, I then began wanting to cheat on my diet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »
Im drinking another. hhahhhaha Im not going to have any left for work tommrrow.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »
TA, i've always been curious, what do you do for a living?

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:22 PM »
the bad thing about diet soda is it still contains carbonated water, and thus carbonic acid, which rots the teeth.  it is doubly bad in regular soda because sugar causes more bacteria to develop and the process is accellerated.   also, depending on the soda, the coloring helps to discolor teeth.

i usually drink about 2 diet cokes a day; the ones with splenda, not aspartame, are much better tasting imo.  sprite zero is the diet that most closely resembles its sugar-counterpart....but unfortunately doesnt have any caffeine
its comin today

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 10:40:28 PM »
TA, i've always been curious, what do you do for a living?

Health-Care field.

I am also going to be a scientist one day. :)

Bast175

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 10:43:03 PM »

translation: gay for pay

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »
Simple answer - check the label. If it says zero sugar, there's your answer.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:17 PM »
drop a tooth in a cup of soda for a few days and watch what happens.   ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

Nothing.

Just another lovely myth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 11:07:27 PM »
Health-Care field.

cool cool.

body88

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 11:08:57 PM »
Hahaha o man. Diet soda is bad for you? Next thing I will be hearing is how chewing gum causes weight gain. 2 calories per stick!!!! If you eat 500 thats like 10000000000000 calories omg wtf my insulin is spiking I can feel the fat forming!!!!!

Diet cherry coke should be required at all meals.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »
Claim:   A tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola will dissolve overnight.

Origins:   I   
 don't know of anyone who hasn't heard the rumor that too much Coca-Cola rots your innards, and the proof of this can be determined by dropping a baby tooth into a glass of it, then going back the next morning to find most of it eaten away. If Coca-Cola can dissolve a tooth overnight, imagine what it must be doing to your teeth, not to mention your stomach and digestive tract!

All such claims ignore a few salient points:
Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight.

Coca-Cola contains acids (such as citric acid and phosphoric acid) which will eventually dissolve items such as teeth (given enough time), but so do plenty of other substances we commonly ingest (such as orange juice). The concentration of acid in these products is so low that our digestive systems are easily capable of coping with it with no harm to us.

The idea that any substance which can dissolve teeth must therefore damage our teeth if we drink it is nonsensical. We don't hold drinks in our mouths for days at a time — any liquids we drink simply wash over our teeth very briefly, and our teeth are further protected by their enamel coating and the ameliorating effects of saliva.
Vince Staten describes the legendary version of this tale:

Perhaps you've heard the story. It goes something like this: At Harvard they left a fly in a Coke overnight and the next morning, the fly had been completely dissolved. The name of the university changes and so does the item to be soaked overnight, but the result is always the same: Coke eats it. The lesson is that if it does that to a fly, just think of what it does to your stomach.

To test this theory I swatted two flies: a test fly and a control fly. I put the test fly in a cup of Coke and let it soak for twenty-four hours. I put the control fly in a cup of Roto-Rooter drain cleaner and let it soak an equal length of time.

When I returned to the Coke fly the next day, I discovered, to my surprise, the fly floating around, unscathed. The Roto-Rooter fly, on the other hand, was dissolved down to a couple of tiny fly bits. The Roto-Rooter had also eaten through the bottom of the plastic cup.
Frederick Allen discusses the origins of this rumor in his book on Coca-Cola:

In the fall of 1950, a Cornell University professor named Clive M. McCay testified before a select committee in the U.S. House of Representatives that the sugar in Coke caused cavities. And, he said, the phosphoric acid was a dangerous additive. Giving a vivid account that instantly became part of the national folklore, Dr. McCay described how a tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola would soften and begin to dissolve in a period of two days.

Coca-Cola's top chemist, Orville May, explained to Hobbs [then president of Coca-Cola] and the company's other executives that anything containing sugar and phosphoric acid — fresh orange juice, for example — would dissolve teeth over a period of time. The point was people did not hold food and beverages in their mouths for days on end. They swallowed, and their saliva washed away the sugar and acid before lasting damage was done. Otherwise the whole country would be toothless.
Mark Pendergrast tackles the same subject:

McCay made headlines with his allegations that Coke would eat away the marble steps of the Capitol Building and soften teeth placed in a glass of the beverage. "The molar teeth of rats were dissolved down to the gum line," McCay told the politicians, when "given nothing to drink except cola beverages for a period of six months."

In response, Coca-Cola's head chemist, Orville May, testified that McCay offered a "distorted picture" intended to frighten unsuspecting consumers. May pointed out that the .055 percent level of phosphoric acid was far below the 1.09 percent acid content of an orange and that McCay's studies ignored the neutralizing effect of saliva. Finally, he noted that orange juice or lemonade would also dissolve ten-penny nails and eat holes in the Capitol steps.
We have to agree with Vince Staten's conclusion:

I think there are two lessons here: Don't believe all those Coke stories you hear. And don't, for any reason, let a fly drink Roto-Rooter.
Barbara "truth fairy" Mikkelson

Last updated:   27 February 2001 

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp
Click here to e-mail this page to a friend

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2006
by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson
This material may not be reproduced without permission

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 12:06:43 AM »
Health-Care field.

Oh I guess nurses have dreams too.
hahaha

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 12:47:46 AM »
Why do you post things like this?

I dont know why, but I laughed when I saw your response to TA's comment.

For those of you that drink Diet Coke/Pepsi...

Phenylalanine - Aspartame
Phenylalanine is a hidden danger to anyone consuming aspartame. Most consumers don't know that too much Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death.

So T.A. you might not be fat, but cellular death should be great...let us know how it turns out.

A few more facts

The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Phenylalanine makes up 50% of aspartame.

ADD/ADHD, emotional and behavioral disorders can all be triggered by too much Phenylalanine in the daily diet. If you are one in ten thousand people who are PKU or carry the PKU gene, Phenylalanine can cause irreversible brain damage and death, especially when used in high quantities or during pregnancy. Phenylalanine is 50% of aspartame, and to the degree humans consume diet products, Phenylalanine levels are reaching a dangerous peak.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 01:09:57 AM »
yes, splenda is your friend
its comin today

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 06:24:03 AM »
I dont know why, but I laughed when I saw your response to TA's comment.

For those of you that drink Diet Coke/Pepsi...

Phenylalanine - Aspartame
Phenylalanine is a hidden danger to anyone consuming aspartame. Most consumers don't know that too much Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death.

So T.A. you might not be fat, but cellular death should be great...let us know how it turns out.

A few more facts

The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Phenylalanine makes up 50% of aspartame.

ADD/ADHD, emotional and behavioral disorders can all be triggered by too much Phenylalanine in the daily diet. If you are one in ten thousand people who are PKU or carry the PKU gene, Phenylalanine can cause irreversible brain damage and death, especially when used in high quantities or during pregnancy. Phenylalanine is 50% of aspartame, and to the degree humans consume diet products, Phenylalanine levels are reaching a dangerous peak.

hahhahahah thats garbage.  Diet Sodas actually prevent forms of cancer by up to 50 percent in some cases.  I can`t wait for someone to call bullshit so I can copy and paste the scientific study and findings.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 06:25:41 AM »
Furthermore I find it highly amusing that a lot of use steroids and some even from underground shady sources and then get all scared about some Diet Sodas being harmful.

hahahahahahahahahahhaaha D E L U S I O N A L.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2006, 08:31:43 AM »

Ummmm.... it's called brushing your teeth several times a day so your teeth aren't in soda, or anything else, for too long.  There's nothing wrong with diet soda in moderation.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 02:44:05 PM »
from everything ive read the jury still seems to be out concerning the safety of aspartame...there is a book out called sweet poison that links use of apartame to some pretty nasty health problems...i still drink it but i try to keep it in moderation.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

as far as bodybuilding use i think the stuff is great...especially dieting for a show...i usually follow a pretty extreme keto diet and having that sweetness from diet soda really helps me get through the day...i have drank diet soda all the way up to a couple days out and have never had a problem with it smoothing me out or being bloated as some people think it does.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 07:07:14 PM »
hahahhaha, Thats me everyday at work bro bro.  I tell them to just drink diet and they will lose a couple of pounds and then they say ewwwww.  I then tell them its really not different.

hahahahahah

And the bodybuilders who think diet drinks are cheating are hilliarious.  I mean does all logic go out the fucking window?

I drink 12-24 diet sodas a day...hahahahhah  Drink as much as you want,its as clean as water.

adonis you are a moron... 12-24 diet sodas a day? think about all the fake chemicals in those drinks.....and they are clean like water?

how about drinking water with no man made artificial sweeteners that can cause cancers?

read and learn

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/artificial-sweeteners

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2006, 07:53:44 PM »
diet pepsi totally owns me. I live on this stuff during a cut