Author Topic: Trained with Dorian Yates yesterday...  (Read 15318 times)

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
Re: Trained with Dorian Yates yesterday...
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 12:02:36 PM »
I'm watching Blood And Guts now. he seems to swing the weight a little, brings the curl up too far to where the delt is doing the work, and doesn't focus on the negative nor are his repetitions slow. I expcted to see what was talked of in this thread.
T

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »
LOL!!

I love how people on this board "debate" whether or not one method of training is the best.  Newsflash: EVERY pro trains a bit differently than other pros if not drastically differently and guess what?  THEY ALL BUILD WORLD CLASS PHYSIQUES.

Training is the LEAST significant part of what makes a pro a pro.  THE LEAST SIGNIFICANT FACTOR.  Juicing hard, eating a high calorie diet with lots of protein, and genetic response to this are all far more significant than training could ever hope to be.  The average person on the gear Dorian was on would be significantly more muscled than the average hard training natural just by eating and doing pushups.  Let's not be naive here.

Ding-Ding-Ding... we have a winner. 
a

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
LOL!!

I love how people on this board "debate" whether or not one method of training is the best.  Newsflash: EVERY pro trains a bit differently than other pros if not drastically differently and guess what?  THEY ALL BUILD WORLD CLASS PHYSIQUES.

Training is the LEAST significant part of what makes a pro a pro.  THE LEAST SIGNIFICANT FACTOR.  Juicing hard, eating a high calorie diet with lots of protein, and genetic response to this are all far more significant than training could ever hope to be.  The average person on the gear Dorian was on would be significantly more muscled than the average hard training natural just by eating and doing pushups.  Let's not be naive here.

I disagree. Look at how Coleman trains. Ronnie had no better genetics than Cormier or Flex, but look at how much more intensely he trains. Back in 1992, Ronnie was 212lbs when he won the Universe. Since then he has put on about 60lbs of pure muscle. You honestly think he was doing any less juice/GH than Flex?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »
I still disagree.

Flex couldn't do barbell rows becuase "they made him lose his breathe" whereas Ronnie does 495lb barbell rows 5 weeks out, not to mention 805lb deadlift!

I think all pros pretty much have their diet and juicing down, they wouldn't have made it that far.

THe only variable are genetics and training. I honestly don't think Ronnie is genetically superior to Dillet, Cormeir, or Flex. But we all know he demolishes them in training.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »
Myseone, Ston@co,
Did he at all discuss the rotation of workouts and use of rest periods. I mean, its absolutly impossible to train the entire body that way, even if its say only at 80%, week in, week out.
I've actually written his website seeking this answer because I havnt come to find the answer on my own. I read somewhere once that he would hit that routine for a six week period then take a whole week off training....?

Whats up,

No he did'nt discuss that. I have his first book and he mentions that he would train allout for aprox. 6 weeks then rest for 3-4 days, then go easier for two weeks.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2006, 05:31:22 PM »
are you still shoulder pressing 405 for 10 and squatting 900 for 10 on the Smith, myesone?

Your a funny dude,
Come down to NY and I'll show you what I'm capable of.

I've actually reduced my poundages a bit, I want to train till I'm 100 you know. I'm still failry strong today after a two week layoff from training legs I did leg extensions (a plate loading variety) with 430lbs for about 6 reps, with pauses at the top of the rep. I also did 500lb barbell squats 15 reps (above parallel a bit) for a set then another set of 600lbs for 5, not maxed out. 2 weeks ago I was smith squatting 765lbs for about 5 reps, and felt a bit of spinal compression. So no sarcasm I have'nt squatted 900lbsd in a while, sorry.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2006, 05:32:11 PM »
Your a funny dude,
Come down to NY and I'll show you what I'm capable of.

I've actually reduced my poundages a bit, I want to train till I'm 100 you know. I'm still failry strong today after a two week layoff from training legs I did leg extensions (a plate loading variety) with 430lbs for about 6 reps, with pauses at the top of the rep. I also did 500lb barbell squats 15 reps (above parallel a bit) for a set then another set of 600lbs for 5, not maxed out. 2 weeks ago I was smith squatting 765lbs for about 5 reps, and felt a bit of spinal compression. So no sarcasm I have'nt squatted 900lbsd in a while, sorry.

hahahaha, you're the biggest bullshitter on here.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2006, 05:35:18 PM »
I'm watching Blood And Guts now. he seems to swing the weight a little, brings the curl up too far to where the delt is doing the work, and doesn't focus on the negative nor are his repetitions slow. I expcted to see what was talked of in this thread.

Your not going to see it  on his video, because Yates said that he only applied the slower rep speed and peak contraction emphasis really late in his career, as a result of getting injuried. Read his second book, the info is in there.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »
hahahaha, you're the biggest bullshitter on here.

Come on down to NY son, anytime you want

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
Come on down to NY son, anytime you want
hahahaha, ok, "dad" ::) all this big talk form a 5'10" 200lb. black dude, hahahaha, you're a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2006, 01:26:03 AM »

Even if there was'nt a risk of injury I would say that many people would'nt train with the HIT format because it is extremely hard to apply constantly. Regarding injury from HIT training this is most likely due to form compromises and using weight that is too heavy at the time. Another factor that many HIT trainees don't apply (including Yates) is to add more rest days as the body gets stronger.

In Yates case I think the injuries were due to not adding the rest days, compromising on form, and maybe steroid use (Steroids allow muscle growth to outpace tendon integrity: I was told this by my orthopedist).

I have been using a high intensity type format, very similiar to Yates style for about 17 years. I have had a few injuries, namely a quad tendon rupture from slipping doing barbell lunges, and a achilles tendon rupture from heavy single leg calf raises. Both injuries have fully recovered,  meaning that I have full capicty now and no pain.

High volume trainees incure a host of injuries as well, how many people have bum shoulders, knees,  wrist, and elbow issues from training high volume, a lot.

Do you have to train extremely high intensity to make the best progress? I would say at some point in your training yes, all the time obviously no. I think that the majority of people on the planet would respond better (bigger muscles and more strength) training in a Yates type fashion than in Arnolds or any high volume method.

Want a result producing technique without high injury risk then apply the techniques in the book "Beyond Brawn"

..spoken like a true HITite!...lol, just messin witcha.  But come on, you're going by a lot of the same things that have been spewed by HIT lovers everywhere.  Here's where your logic fails..

...your physio guy told you muscles grow faster than tendons...well everybody should know that.  Steroids alone will accelerate the inbalances that can cause to injury by tears and such.

While I've used moderate sets and reps, the only injuries I've endured are some pesky joint issues...tendonitis and such.  You've suffered two MAJOR injuries, friend, yet you still believe "most people would respond better to HIT style training"....man, you've got to rethink your advice!  A quad tear and a RUPTURED Achilles are not "minor" injuries..in many cases, they alter your training style IMMEDIATELY.  Tendonitis over those 2 ANYDAY.

The facts that Yates didn't employ enough Menzter "rest days" is true, but you should also know that to maintain Yate's incredible bulk, he couldn't add those rest days and still grow...the atrophy would set in, as it does on roids or any other method, after taking such amounts of time off.  Who is to say that with those rest days added Yates would not have had the triceps tears?

All trainers, regardless of their training styles, flirt with injury daily.  It just seem that HIT brings those injuries on faster, and with more severity...in proportion to their gains, and risk factor overall. 

My 2 cents.  Hope you stay injury free in the future, dude.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2006, 06:19:50 AM »
I disagree. Look at how Coleman trains. Ronnie had no better genetics than Cormier or Flex, but look at how much more intensely he trains.

THe only variable are genetics and training. I honestly don't think Ronnie is genetically superior to Dillet, Cormeir, or Flex. But we all know he demolishes them in training.

If training intensity were that important, Dillet who didn't train hard would look nothing like Coleman, but he did.

Coleman trains harder AND clearly has better genetics than Cormier, who remains tremendously over-hyped. Cormier trained at least as hard or harder than Dillet but looked nothing like him. Cormier's genetics were never as special as some think IMO.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2006, 06:37:57 AM »

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2006, 07:40:45 AM »
show some photos, dude
Get Big, or Die Trying

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2006, 08:06:28 AM »
Hate to say it, but take away the monster gear usage and these "ultimate routines" by heavy juicers, would get them nowhere.  A routine is such a small part of training, funny as it sounds.  Diet is number one obviously, and it's how hard you push in any routine that will give you maximum results, not a special formulated routine.  This always gives me a good laugh.
craotch quit being a dick. you got alot going for you, and you own adonis already. stop playing around, learn the ways of the dark side.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2006, 08:10:50 AM »
I'm going to wait until December, when I have a 600 deadlift and 400 bench. You squad fairies are going to suffer one of the worst ownings in Getbig history. It will truly be a sight to see.

The day that happens I will personally jump off a 12 story building. Epic bullshit artist.