Author Topic: Shawn Ray: I will be at the PDI's NOC show...  (Read 21887 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray: I will be at the PDI's NOC show...
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2006, 03:48:58 PM »
Woha Preisty , you go boy  :D

We all know Bobs Athletes rep posistion is severaly compromised as Athletes rep due to his wallet and income, now i like Bob on a personal level but on this matter Bob should have stood down from this posistion ages ago once the posisition became compromised , it was the only honurabel thing to do , but since he did not the posisition has become a public farce, especialy with alot of the comments he has made on this board whilst holding this posisiton ( all maters pertaining to this posisiton I would have thought would have been soley the domain of those directly involved). It is because of this the position has lost all respect and ablity to have meaning and once bob finaly does see integrity with this issue and steps down , you will be lucky to find any one to replace him as it is now just seen as a waist of time !!

As for Shawn , his activist days when he was all for the betterment of the sport for the athletes are long gone as he to is now compromised by his wallet , this is one of the main reasons shawn of late has taken to bagging his pairs in the sport !!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
Woha Preisty , you go boy  :D

We all know Bobs Athletes rep posistion is severaly compromised as Athletes rep due to his wallet and income, now i like Bob on a personal level but on this matter Bob should have stood down from this posistion ages ago once the posisition became compromised , it was the only honurabel thing to do , but since he did not the posisition has become a public farce, especialy with alot of the comments he has made on this board whilst holding this posisiton ( all maters pertaining to this posisiton I would have thought would have been soley the domain of those directly involved). It is because of this the position has lost all respect and ablity to have meaning and once bob finaly does see integrity with this issue and steps down , you will be lucky to find any one to replace him as it is now just seen as a waist of time !!

As for Shawn , his activist days when he was all for the betterment of the sport for the athletes are long gone as he to is now compromised by his wallet , this is one of the main reasons shawn of late has taken to bagging his pairs in the sport !!

If you or Lee, or anyone else for that matter believe you can do a better job for the athletes...feel free to run for the position when it comes up for grabs next year.

Just what do you believe I should be doing that I'm not?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2006, 04:51:21 PM »

If you or Lee, or anyone else for that matter believe you can do a better job for the athletes...feel free to run for the position when it comes up for grabs next year.

Just what do you believe I should be doing that I'm not?

Training hard. Eating well. Drugin less. LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE. CONNECTING WITH FANS. STOP SLEEPING WITH SHAWN RAY.
just push some weight!

irish_strenght

• Getbig II
  • sex me im irish
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
i have to agree with bob he is the athletes rep not the fans rep he doesn't have to play the nice guy in every soap opera just for the fans sake

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »
  i have to agree with bob he is the athletes rep not the fans rep he doesn't have to play the nice guy in every soap opera just for the fans sake                                   

Ahhh my friend would you not think that he should not play the soap opera at all being in his posisiton.

And Bob as I have said before (and in no disrespect) I beleive the posisiton should be handled under the guise of a Agent whom has no ties at all to the industrie other than that of his clients , thus creating a totaly nuetral bargining platform to work from, if this said agent had say 30 of the top athletes under his charge and concern , then I would guarntee there would be some movement in the way these guys are treated and rewarded for there ablity to fund this industrie !!!

Billy Knockout!

• Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »
I dont care if he competes or not, it the BS he puts out there and then Doesn't Compete.
Lee, go race a car or something already 8)
Vvvvrrrrrroooooooooooooo ooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm!
lol. Funny shit! Fuck Lee

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2006, 05:32:36 PM »
The Pros need a Players Union or Association, not a figurehead.  The NFL and MLB really get what they want and need this way.  One person is easily manipulated as opposed to many people.

Wasn't it Bob who has been talking about a Bodybuilders Union for years now?
And as athletes rep, Bob has had a number of athlete meetings where he tried to get a large enough number of athletes to actually get a majority and have a real shot at making some changes, but hardly anyone ever shows up.And I seem to recall that Bob was one fo the guys who organized the '02 ASC athletes meeting, and from there lobbied for some changes and succeeded in getting the judges table closer to the stage, prize money for all Olympia competitors, some changes to the judging standards, and the athletes' rep position created.
I min/max my physique

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »
    The Pros need a Players Union or Association, not a figurehead.  The NFL and MLB really get what they want and need this way.  One person is easily manipulated as opposed to many peopl                        

A very good piont you make , yes if the athletes arnt prepared to go with a agent whom looks after all their intrests from sponcership contracts to contest contratcts and conditions etc , then a athletes representive board consisiting of current and past athletes may be the go , not just one indidvidual .

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »

I might just do that , I have nothing on next year , will have to move to the states ???

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »
A very good piont you make , yes if the athletes arnt prepared to go with a agent whom looks after all their intrests from sponcership contracts to contest contratcts and conditions etc , then a athletes representive board consisiting of current and past athletes may be the go , not just one indidvidual .

A board consisting of past Mr. Olympias! Frank Zane, Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva, Dorian Yates, and Samir Bennout will now turn their combined genetic potential toward a new task, reforming the IFBB! And as their first reform, Gustavo Badell is now the 2005 Mr. Olympia! Long live the kings!
 ;D
I min/max my physique

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2006, 05:56:01 PM »
So much anger...

DAMN THAT RAP MUSIC !!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »

I might just do that , I have nothing on next year , will have to move to the states ???

You still havent answered my question...What do you believe I should be doing that I'm not already?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »
You still havent answered my question...What do you believe I should be doing that I'm not already                                

Oh sorry didnt mean to be rude I am not usally  :)

Bob its not so much what not you are doing , it is more a case of your ablity to garnish support due to your outside intrests, it is no secret where your loyalitys lie, and so be it thats where you earn your income , but because of this no athlete is or will make a call to you to aid in a dispute him or her may have with a show or promoter as you dont have the ablity to take a neutral stance on the matter and to go into bat for the athlete come high or low water !!!

Hence why you dont and have not got alot of support since your taking on the posisiton !!

Either that or the athletes are just so selfish in their approach to the sport that they can not see the big picture to spite the noses on their faces !! :-\

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »
HRDCOR, cut Chick some slack.  Jim Manion holds the pink slip to Roberts manhood and his soul.                                 

Im cutting Bob heaps of slack as I understand his posisition fully , which is why I have the opinion I do, this is not a personal attack at Bob ( I like Bob, I especialy like his pay per veiw commentrys, he has a excellent TV voice and persona) it is a veiw piont on his posistion and wether or not it is working with him at the helm, and in saying that I also respect that no one elese stood up for the posisition and Bob did, I just dont think because of his financial ties he cant be openly subjective in this role !!

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »

You still havent answered my question...What do you believe I should be doing that I'm not already?

How about looking out for the competitors for once..It was an embarrassment what happened last night in Montreal...Wolf Clearly Beat King...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2006, 06:51:32 PM »

Oh sorry didnt mean to be rude I am not usally  :)

Bob its not so much what not you are doing , it is more a case of your ablity to garnish support due to your outside intrests, it is no secret where your loyalitys lie, and so be it thats where you earn your income , but because of this no athlete is or will make a call to you to aid in a dispute him or her may have with a show or promoter as you dont have the ablity to take a neutral stance on the matter and to go into bat for the athlete come high or low water !!!

Hence why you dont and have not got alot of support since your taking on the posisiton !!

Either that or the athletes are just so selfish in their approach to the sport that they can not see the big picture to spite the noses on their faces !! :-\

BINGO!

I make 80% of my income from my contract with BB.com...the other 20% is derived from my AMI contract, as well as other ventures...

To think I can't be fair and just when it comes to the athletes best interests is absurd, especially given my history and what I've accomplished going against the establishment.

I've had many athletes come to me with a wide variety of problems, concerns...I've also never breached anyones confidentiality...and believe me...I know plenty.

I stood for whats right way before I signed a publications contract with AMI, and I'll continue to represent the athletes best interests when and If the day comes I don't have a contract with them.

I have no contract with the IFBB...and I regularily disagree with the rules, which I challenge at the B.O.G. meetings....so far, I think I've been pretty successful id getting change to better the sport and it's athletes.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2006, 06:55:14 PM »

How about looking out for the competitors for once..It was an embarrassment what happened last night in Montreal...Wolf Clearly Beat King...

Maybe you didn't get the memo...I DON'T JUDGE.

If any of you have a problem with the decision...take it up with the judges.

I do, however, have a HUGE problem with the judging system...it sucks and needs to be changed.

I'll be challenging it ( along with other proposals)in the upcoming meeting held at the Olympia.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »

BINGO!

I make 80% of my income from my contract with BB.com...the other 20% is derived from my AMI contract, as well as other ventures...

To think I can't be fair and just when it comes to the athletes best interests is absurd, especially given my history and what I've accomplished going against the establishment.

I've had many athletes come to me with a wide variety of problems, concerns...I've also never breached anyones confidentiality...and believe me...I know plenty.

I stood for whats right way before I signed a publications contract with AMI, and I'll continue to represent the athletes best interests when and If the day comes I don't have a contract with them.

I have no contract with the IFBB...and I regularily disagree with the rules, which I challenge at the B.O.G. meetings....so far, I think I've been pretty successful id getting change to better the sport and it's athletes.

Let's not forget about the gift you got earlier this year

;)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2006, 07:25:23 PM »
lee,

having to pay back a promoter for air fare and a hotel room is the same thing as ripping them off.  you may have not been fined by the IFBB, but its still pretty fucking low that you contiunally do that type of shit.

also, there a 2 spaces after a period.  your posts are annoying to read.  2 spaces please. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2006, 07:44:12 PM »
lee,

having to pay back a promoter for air fare and a hotel room is the same thing as ripping them off.  you may have not been fined by the IFBB, but its still pretty fucking low that you contiunally do that type of shit.

also, there a 2 spaces after a period.  your posts are annoying to read.  2 spaces please. 

I agree

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
I agree

On the spaces or the ticket thing?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2006, 08:08:16 PM »
Bob, this is not a criticism just an observation/question.  Is there any way in your position that you can help with the enforcement of the new rules about aesthetics?  The distended bellies need to go so that we can have bodybuilding be more mainstream which would bring more money into bodybuilding, IMO.  People like freaks but not pregnant assholes with bodyparts shot up with oil and out of proportion physiques.  I mean every BBer is a freak considering that he is bigger than the average Joe, but we don't want to feel like we are at Alien movie waiting for the thing to pop out of people's stomachs.                               

The IFBB made referance to this problem 2 years ago and aparently (according to press releases)they were going to avidly mark down for this problem and that of obvious synthol use , but to date we have not seen any evidance of this , by their own means Jay Cutler should have been marked down at last years Olympia but do you think it happened ??

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2006, 08:09:55 PM »
Maybe you didn't get the memo...I DON'T JUDGE.

If any of you have a problem with the decision...take it up with the judges.

I do, however, have a HUGE problem with the judging system...it sucks and needs to be changed.

I'll be challenging it ( along with other proposals)in the upcoming meeting held at the Olympia.

What proposals will you be bringing up? If you don't want to go into details, how about a preview or summary?
I min/max my physique

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
The IFBB made referance to this problem 2 years ago and aparently (according to press releases)they were going to avidly mark down for this problem and that of obvious sythol use , but to date we have not seen any evidance of this , by their own means Jay Cutler should have been marked down at last years Olympia but do you think it happened ??

For Synthol use? I mean, I thought of the top six Jay had one of the best waistlines, so I'm assuming you're saying he used Synthol. And it can be argued that at the Europa they took that mandate pretty seriously, but definitely no sign of following it for the big shows so far.
I min/max my physique

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2006, 08:24:50 PM »
Let this years 06 Olympia determine if the mandate is actually being enforced. When it comes down to it any bodybuilding competition is a competition to see who is the biggest and most conditioned athlete. The Olympia is the biggest in the sport, and with those big names comes money and polotics. No matter who the athlete, they should be punished for flaws on their physique. The pros all know the criteria this year, so there is no room to bitch. Let this be the year to really see how fair the IFBB judging is. Big full muscles, glutes, no gut= good score. Lets see what happens.....