Author Topic: Lee Priest and Hydroxycut  (Read 7739 times)

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Lee Priest and Hydroxycut
« on: November 04, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »
A few years back, there was an ad where Lee was way outta shape and used Hydroxycut as part of his extreme transformation back to being contest ready.  I can't remember, but I think MuscleMag Intl ran the articles.  Does anyone know what issues featured this?

And Lee, I'd love to know any input you can offer, on the situation.  I have the video with the candid interview you did w/ Tom Platz (Secrets of the Pros), and I appreciate your honest answers.

Thanks

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Priest and Hydroxycut
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:15:57 AM »
Muscle Mags January 2003 issue features a few muscle tech ads with Lee in it, including the hydroxycut one. Lee's addressed this issue tons of times and the way i see it, it makes him a fav of mine even more! he got super bulked (*for money) and then got back in crazy shape again (for money) no one out there could do it and pull it off like Lee did. Plus it showed that some pros are human and they could live a life without worrying about everything.
bodybuildersreality.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »
Muscle Mags January 2003 issue features a few muscle tech ads with Lee in it, including the hydroxycut one. Lee's addressed this issue tons of times and the way i see it, it makes him a fav of mine even more! he got super bulked (*for money) and then got back in crazy shape again (for money) no one out there could do it and pull it off like Lee did. Plus it showed that some pros are human and they could live a life without worrying about everything.

Priest was notorious for getting somewhat porcine in the off-season, even when he was working for Prolab. He endorsed that company's fat-burner (Metabolic Thyrolean) as well.

Some people see that as fraud. But, I don't think that's the case, unless the guy never used the product.

What's the difference between bodybuilders/fitness girls intentionally fattening themselves up and regular people, who get fat simply because they don't eat right? You could say that regular people "intentionally" fatten themselves up, as well.

While it's true that the bodybuilders can get ripped, with or without that particular fat-burner, that doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't use the product or that the product didn't help their efforts.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:50:17 AM »
dude hydroxycut is basically useless, hyperthyroid drugs with growth hormone is the key. the fdaa would never approve such a drug if it worked like that...common pal

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 05:01:09 AM »
lol...i doubt lee even used hydroxycut...its all bullshit...save your money....what lee did was: a lot of hard work + neg caloric state with high enough protein intake...+ various drugs. =weight loss

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:26:32 PM »
A few years back, there was an ad where Lee was way outta shape and used Hydroxycut as part of his extreme transformation back to being contest ready.  I can't remember, but I think MuscleMag Intl ran the articles.  Does anyone know what issues featured this?

And Lee, I'd love to know any input you can offer, on the situation.  I have the video with the candid interview you did w/ Tom Platz (Secrets of the Pros), and I appreciate your honest answers.

Thanks

flex july 2002 i think

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 04:12:41 PM »

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:19 PM »

I remember this.

JEEZUS CHRIST!!!

Retirment preview.
give in to the darkside

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
 :) He looks happy at that weight.

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
OMG!  The caption on the pic of Lee with the tape around his waist asked if he could get shredded in 10 weeks!

Did it only take 10 weeks?  I'd love to know.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »
OMG!  The caption on the pic of Lee with the tape around his waist asked if he could get shredded in 10 weeks!

Did it only take 10 weeks?  I'd love to know.

10 weeks is nothin.  If Lee would've doubled his dosage of hydroxycut, it would've only taken him 5 weeks.

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »
10 weeks is nothin.  If Lee would've doubled his dosage of hydroxycut, it would've only taken him 5 weeks.

5 weeks to lose 50-60lbs of bodyfat?  Just by doubling up Hydroxycut?!  That, and what else?  I'm on a quest for knowledge, with a vested interest.

I'd really appreciate a personal responce from Lee, himself...Hey Lee?

Lewis

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 02:35:02 AM »
Are you not bored of this topic yet?!

I highly doubt he used Hydroxycut. Its another shit muscletech add. Like other pros it appears hes was payed to be photographed in the offseason when he hadnt shaved or tanned and was pushing his stomach out. Read the captions and you realise what a joke muscletech are. Look at lee's face eating the chicken from fridge he just looks like hes taking the piss :D

I also the 'after' pics are Lee on stage. Go figure.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »
5 weeks to lose 50-60lbs of bodyfat?  Just by doubling up Hydroxycut?!  That, and what else?  I'm on a quest for knowledge, with a vested interest.

I'd really appreciate a personal responce from Lee, himself...Hey Lee?

clen, winny, to name but 2 no doubt .......

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »
Are you not bored of this topic yet?!

I highly doubt he used Hydroxycut. Its another shit muscletech add. Like other pros it appears hes was payed to be photographed in the offseason when he hadnt shaved or tanned and was pushing his stomach out. Read the captions and you realise what a joke muscletech are. Look at lee's face eating the chicken from fridge he just looks like hes taking the piss :D

I also the 'after' pics are Lee on stage. Go figure.

Who are you and why are you concerned if I'm bored, Lewis?

I'm interested in knowing how Lee went from being so out of shape to reattaining his outstanding competition physique. 

I'm not interested in finding out what some jacka$$ "highly doubts."  Btw, Lewis, I hope your other 4 posts display a hint of construction.