Author Topic: PBW Radio Presents "Magazine Wars" 09-11-06 --> Reply is now available...  (Read 35499 times)

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
Re: PBW Radio Presents "Magazine Wars" 09-11-06
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 07:31:25 PM »
"potential" conflict of interest? when you have FLEX magazine's logo as one of your sponsors there is clearly more then a "potential" conflict there boss.

why isn't steve coming on the show to discuss?

For starters, you'll be glad to know that Mr. Blechman has been invited to appear on the show.  In fact, all "parties" know that they are encouraged and welcome to appear.  -- The radio show has maintained good relations with both magazines.  John Romano has been very supportive of PBW in his MD column....and we have welcomed him on the show 3 or 4 times.  Flex Magazine has also provided some tremendous support for the show.  We maintain open communication with all parties and we ALWAYS encourage their participation.   

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »
Now that's some funny politically correct B.S. right there. Your sponsor is Flex Magazine and your co-host is under contract with, oh yeah, AMI, publisher of Flex Magazine. You can't have it both ways. You're insulting our intelligence here.
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »
Now that's some funny politically correct B.S. right there. Your sponsor is Flex Magazine and your co-host is under contract with, oh yeah, AMI, publisher of Flex Magazine. You can't have it both ways. You're insulting our intelligence here.

HaterSpice,

You are a creative guy, but you're often quick to pass judgment before things happen.  I could see some criticism should it turn into an AMI commercial or a bashfest... but if each side has equal time and the hosts are not opinionated, the show sponsor doesn't have to influence the show's content.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »
Invite Robert Kennedy as well.  Lets get a third knowledgable opinion not related to the fighting to help mediate.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 07:57:13 PM »
You're right 240. I am a creative guy, and a bright guy. It's not about hate, just keepin' it real. Take the blinders off. Like the Lee Priest appearance was fair and balanced, right? You remember the 2 on1 where Lee literally could not get a word in edgewise.
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 08:08:11 PM »
You're right 240. I am a creative guy, and a bright guy. It's not about hate, just keepin' it real. Take the blinders off. Like the Lee Priest appearance was fair and balanced, right? You remember the 2 on1 where Lee literally could not get a word in edgewise.

I cited that example myself as a way the debate should NOT be run.  I was very vocal in my unhappiness about the way the argument was Bob&Shawn vs. Lee, with Dan being a neutral journalist and Bob just firing away.  I am fine it that is the announced format and bob/Shawn's combined time = lee's time.  but Shawn just talked nonstop and seriously took up more than his share, IMO.

I think that if they come with some tough questions for each side, let the sides ask each other Qs, and give everyone time to say their piece at the end, it could be one of those radio segments we're talking about next year. 

If it turns into a Chic soliloquy, interrupted occasionally by some guys muttering at each other about who did what and when, it will be less memorable. 

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
This should be an interesting way for us in the peanut gallery to learn more about the writers.  I'd suggest a few things:

3) Finally, at the end, I would design a structure and earmark 3 minutes so that each guest can hae 20 seconds to make ONE statement which summarizes his points and positions.  Tell them ahead of time so they can write it down.  The radio show is awesome but closure is sometimes a little awkward.  i'd like to hear each person have EXACTLY 20 seconds to share his composed thoughts with the listeners so that we walk away with the impression of a series of thinking points, not 6 guys yelling over each other as we run out of time.

This is one of the best ideas presented in a long time.  Please give this one some serious consideration.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 08:13:23 PM »

I can appreciate your skeptisism.  But, to answer your question - YES, we "CAN" have it both ways. -- The facts do not lie.  Romano has been featured on our show 3 or 4 times (Fact).  MD covers us in their magazine (Fact). Steve Blechman has received several invitations to appear on the radio show (Fact).  -- Don't get me wrong, you are completely justified for feeling the way you do.  It's hard for some people to comprehend that we are making every effort to showcase opinions and perspectives from ALL camps.        

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 08:21:18 PM »
See 240, we agree how bad and unfairly run the Lee show. However, Dan was not being a "neutral journalist". Since he is the HOST of the show, neutrality would have been shown by him stopping the double team and making sure that Lee had a chance to speak. That didn't happen and all you have to do is listen to the replay if anyone is delusional enough to think otherwise.

But let's agree on one thing. If anyone is talking about a lousy segment of an internet radio show next year, that person must submit to therapy and we'll all take up a collection to help that person get a life! LMAO

As for you Dan, whatever you may say, you can't escape that Flex is your sponsor (FACT). Bob is your co-host, an AMI paid athlete (FACT). Romano being on the show to talk about the Olympia judging and a 'roundtable" snoozefest doesn't change the prior two facts. (FACT). And that same guy, Romano, doing a piece in his column proves nothing and doesn't change facts 1 and 2. (FACT).
Enjoy your dish...

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 08:23:15 PM »
I seem to recall Dan tried several times (okay twice) to reel shawn in but Shawn just kept on rambling.
Outside of hanging the guy up what really can be done?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 08:28:50 PM »
But let's agree on one thing. If anyone is talking about a lousy segment of an internet radio show next year, that person must submit to therapy and we'll all take up a collection to help that person get a life! LMAO

the kamali-sued connection was made on that show and he will wear that stink for the rest of his life.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:39 AM »
Subject:  PBW Presents "Magazine Wars" (Monday)

Bodybuilding talk radio returns on Monday as Team MuscleTech presents Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  The one-hour broadcast will feature a closer look at the war of words currently taking place on newsstands between rival magazines.  Dan & Bob will also check in with Shawn Ray as PBW looks ahead toward Olympia Weekend.  The voice of pro bodybuilding broadcasts LIVE on Monday, September 11th at 8pm EST (5pm pst) for a worldwide audience.  Broadcasting at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

Does this mean that they don't have a guest for this show?  Or does this mean that they will have a discussion with a representative from both AMI's and MD's camps? 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 07:11:33 AM »
Dont you think its a little inappropriate to call tonights episode : magazine WARS esp since its airing on September 11 ??  Just an opinion from someone who was there ...
L

irish_strenght

• Getbig II
  • sex me im irish
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 08:43:15 AM »
flex may sponser pbr but whats the worst that can happen dan does come across as neutral even if bob doesnt if flex decide to pull sponsership for something that was said that may have hurt their feelings thats just makes them look bad im sure md would be willing to sponser the show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Who are the radio show guests tonight?
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 04:20:26 PM »
Magazine wars, right?  who will be facing the firing squad tonight?

Stavios

Re: Who are the radio show guests tonight?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
Hi 240  ;D

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »
bob, shawn and don will be the only ones you hear from
Enjoy your dish...

AVBG

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
Magazine wars, right?  who will be facing the firing squad tonight?

Romano & Lonnie Tepper ...

Sorry that was Larry's show - Last week.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »
isn't ronnie on tonight???

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 04:34:50 PM »
tony danza

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
bob, shawn and don will be the only ones you hear from

You really think they'll make it less than a 50/50 split?  I think they'll do the right thing and split the time evenly.  I know, it's a little less of everyone's favorite guy holding rusty's trophy, but a 50/50 split on talking time would be great for fans who wanna hear both sides of the issue.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »
You really think they'll make it less than a 50/50 split?  I think they'll do the right thing and split the time evenly.  I know, it's a little less of everyone's favorite guy holding rusty's trophy, but a 50/50 split on talking time would be great for fans who wanna hear both sides of the issue.
If it is fair and equal for both sides then Shawn Ray is the Pope and Rhino will win the NOC. What fantasyland are you in today?

Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2006, 04:53:57 PM »
If it is fair and equal for both sides then Shawn Ray is the Pope and Rhino will win the NOC. What fantasyland are you in today?

Call me a dreamer, but I have faith.  I am betting we'll have a 50/50 split on opinions.

Got your stopwatch ready?

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2006, 05:03:30 PM »
Call me a dreamer, but I have faith.  I am betting we'll have a 50/50 split on opinions.

Got your stopwatch ready?
delusional. If it's not 50/50 you never post here again.

see ya never again dreamweaver
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Pro BBing weekly Play-by-play: sept 11 06. Stopwatches ready
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
Tonight I will be using two stopwatches to see if indeed, both sides of the magazine aisle receive equal time.  I will stop both watches whenever men speak over each other, and I will post times.  I encourage you all to do the same.  Show is starting-

www.Probodybuildingweekl y.com