Author Topic: Bush pressured to bomb Iran  (Read 7739 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Bush pressured to bomb Iran
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »
No, I don't remember him, but one question........did he enlist before or after he had his kid??

I don't know when he enlisted, but I do know his unit as part of the Minnesota Air National Guard was called up.

At the time Sierra was 6 or 7, I believe, and the cutest little thing.
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 11:05:12 AM »
I don't know when he enlisted, but I do know his unit as part of the Minnesota Air National Guard was called up.

At the time Sierra was 6 or 7, I believe, and the cutest little thing.

To me it makes a huge difference when he enlisted.....if he elisted before his kid was born and was still in, he was obligated to go, if he elisted after his kid was born, IMO, he has more of an obligation to his kid. I think I said if it wasn't for my son I would have went, no questions asked, but to choose between my country and my son.....my son comes first...PERIOD!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 11:17:39 AM »

They have all the means they need to bomb Iran themselves. Let them do their own dirty work for once.

bmac, we always clash on everything, but I think we're in agreement here.

The long-term total cost of the war in Iraq will be $2 trillion.

Do we really want to give our kids another $2 trillion strain on the economy?  Let Israel handle that bullshit.  I give em the blessing to cook Iran for sending Hez weapons for a war by proxy. 

But for real, despite the rhetoric, does anyone really fucking believe Iran would commit complete suicide by attacking the US?  Can anyone honestly give any reasoning (well, beside our govt telling us they hate our freedoms) that they would end their lives, their reign, and their country by attacking us?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »
To me it makes a huge difference when he enlisted.....if he elisted before his kid was born and was still in, he was obligated to go, if he elisted after his kid was born, IMO, he has more of an obligation to his kid.

I nearly burst into tears when he sent me that photo of him and his daughter. I was horrified at the thought of what this was doing to them, ...but I didn't ask when he enlisted, or if he had considered the possibility of his not coming back because it was a moot point by then. He was already over there.

I think I said if it wasn't for my son I would have went, no questions asked, but to choose between my country and my son.....my son comes first...PERIOD!!

Then I'd like to respectfully submit that YOU and others like you should re-consider some of your rhetoric and/or belief systems vis-a-vis your country, or your son may not have much of a country to grow up in
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 12:31:34 PM »
You all need to take a deep breath and focus on this for a few minutes then resume with a new found attitude in your hearts.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »
I nearly burst into tears when he sent me that photo of him and his daughter. I was horrified at the thought of what this was doing to them, ...but I didn't ask when he enlisted, or if he had considered the possibility of his not coming back because it was a moot point by then. He was already over there.

Then I'd like to respectfully submit that YOU and others like you should re-consider some of your rhetoric and/or belief systems vis-a-vis your country, or your son may not have much of a country to grow up in

If we were not fighting terrorists who have absolutly no reguard for human life then i might agree with you (on somethings) but this is no ordinary war....these people hate us and want to kill us and there is no negotiating with them, it's either we comply with them or nothing....we choose nothing!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:03 PM »
You all need to take a deep breath and focus on this for a few minutes then resume with a new found attitude in your hearts.

Thats great for me but what about her ;D??

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:28 PM »
I choose Scarlett, what matters after that?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »
If we were not fighting terrorists who have absolutly no reguard for human life then i might agree with you (on somethings) but this is no ordinary war....these people hate us and want to kill us and there is no negotiating with them, it's either we comply with them or nothing....we choose nothing!

Whose side are you arguing? It's hard to tell by your comment.  ;)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

Yes they hate us.  yes they want to kill us.  I know there are a lot of people who feel that way.  Why in the world would we START a war with a country who doesn't like us, because of what they WANT to do?

I am sure N Korea would "like" to kill us.  Should we bomb them?  Cuba and venez.  They talk trash.  Should we bomb them too?

For gods sake, what right do we have to kill tens of thousands of people because their leader says bad things about us?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
Thats great for me but what about her ;D??

OMG!!!

I-One and I thought the very same thing! ...The end is near!  :-\

C'mon Ozmo, ...let's see a little equality here. Post up a real drool worthy hunk for me.  :P
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 12:46:25 PM »
Whose side are you arguing? It's hard to tell by your comment.  ;)

I'm not going to argue with these two sides 8).......

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »
or these..........

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »
I'd love to get real LIBERAL with those 2!    ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »
I'd love to get real LIBERAL with those 2!    ;D

I'm still waiting for my pic.
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 12:56:22 PM »
I'm still waiting for my pic.

Here ya go :D...........

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 12:57:33 PM »
{rotflmao}

brat!  >:(
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:25 PM »
Just roll out the B-52s and get this thing over with.   :)  (Do they even make those anymore?)

Typical right-wing girl reply, not thinking about the consequences of war. Iran poses no realistic threat to the United States, they're making fuel rods for reactors with like 3 % Uranium 235-content, which is no where near weapons grade.
For who looks down on the opinions of younger members, your logic doesn't seem on par with your age.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 01:50:55 PM »
bmac, we always clash on everything, but I think we're in agreement here.

The long-term total cost of the war in Iraq will be $2 trillion.

Do we really want to give our kids another $2 trillion strain on the economy?  Let Israel handle that bullshit.  I give em the blessing to cook Iran for sending Hez weapons for a war by proxy. 

But for real, despite the rhetoric, does anyone really fucking believe Iran would commit complete suicide by attacking the US?  Can anyone honestly give any reasoning (well, beside our govt telling us they hate our freedoms) that they would end their lives, their reign, and their country by attacking us?

There are many moderate, educated Iranians. Most are young and cosmopolitan. I bet if we tried hard enough we could work with them. If we bombed them I think all that would be thrown away in a heartbeat.
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »
There are many moderate, educated Iranians. Most are young and cosmopolitan. I bet if we tried hard enough we could work with them. If we bombed them I think all that would be thrown away in a heartbeat.

And the fact that they've challenged us to a debate is incredible.   Bush has the chance to present the evidence he has on Iran's nukes, in front of the world.  Sure, the iranian idiot can make all the lies he wants.  But if he has no evidence, and bush does, why in the world would we pass that up?

Take the debate.  Show him to be guilty of nukes, aiding terrorists.  he *says* he has evidence that bush did 911 - but if Bush didn't why would he care what a madman says?  Shit, if Bush believes in his position, that our soldiers should die to take out this dictator, surely he'd take this chance to define this position to the world!  And what smart leader wouldn't want to at least TRY to resolve things peacefully, before resorting to a war where men will die, right?

Why wouldn't Bush accept this offer?  It makes zero sense.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »
Why on Earth is it considered a nightmare to rely on Iran to stabilize nearly the entire middle east crisis? If we work with Iran can't we accomplish a plan for peace? Why is it a nightmare for Iran to become recognized as the dominant political body in the middle east? Are they all that bad? They can't be a country made up of delusional mentals, but reasonably (but a little radical) and faithful people who are strict to call "an eye for an eye" on their enemies. And I don't believe they hate freedome and all that load of bullshit propoganda.
~

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »
Because it would mean Iranian oil wealth goes to the Iranian people instead of the multi-national oil cos.

For oil men, that's a nightmare!. The last 53 years worth of trying to steal it would be all for nought.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »
Typical right-wing pussy reply, not thinking about the consequences of war. Iran poses no realistic threat to the United States, they're making fuel rods for reactors with like 3 % Uranium 235-content, which is no where near weapons grade.
For who looks down on the opinions of younger members, your logic doesn't seem on par with your age.

It was a joke son.   ::)  I don't look down on anyone.  I learn stuff from younger folks all the time, including my kids.

I generally don't learn much from kids who are unable to communicate their ideas without foul language, keep pictures of animals ejaculating into the mouths of others in their avatar, don't have a sense of humor, and disrespect their elders--particularly those serving in combat.  But you keep trying and you might be able to teach me something constructive.  I'm always open to learning new, positive things. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »
I thought that was Pépé le pew smoking a cigarette, ...or did I miss something?
w