Author Topic: PDI Night of Champions: Prejudging discussion  (Read 5683 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: PDI NOC prejudging
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »
GH or anyone how did the t-shirts look andget some pics of them on people

Didn't see any but wasn't looking.

Oh, and the blazers the judges wear appear to be darker than those worn by IFBB officials.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 03:23:07 PM »
didn't see em selling any T's in the lobby, or for that matter not hawking any products. Kinda good in a way.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 03:24:50 PM »
A little more in-depth for those who care before I head back to the night show...

23 competitors all together.

Jim Vest is a big lumber-jack of a man. Had he nailed his conditioning he would have placed much higher. People should watch him (and Sami) and be scared.

One guy had a really bad umbilical hernia and everytime he hit a pose I was waiting for his intestines to pop out through the rupture. Not nice to watch.

Steve Stinton looked very good, especially when he hit a pose. Conditioning on with this guy.

I wish I knew everyone's names.

Louis Castillo is an INBF (natural) athlete and all he lacks here is size. His conditioning and shape are on. For the record, I'm friends with the man and he's the only natural athlete I ever believed when he told me he was natural.

The guy with the spiky white hair who qualified last night drew a lot of applause, but not my type of physique. Last night this black guy with a back that reminded me of Flex Wheeler's in a way qualified but he's not on stage today.

Sami Al Hadad hits his poses fast and should hold them longer, let people get a better look. But he's dried out and has gotta be cramping up.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »
Oh yes, for the record...

I don't think the current incarnations of Vince Taylor, Vinny Galanti, TJ or anyone else who reneged on competing with the PDI would have beaten Andreas Frey, and Sami Al Hadad would have given them all hell too.

artie

• Getbig II
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
Top 5 in no particular order:

Lee Priest
Andreas Frey
Geoff Hargreaves
Sami El Haddad
Zoltán Vörös

Pic 1: Andreas Frey (Germany), Lee, Zoltán Vörös (Hungary)

Pic 2: Lee, Frey, Vörös, Hargreaves(?)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »
Fucking Lee's arms are unreal and Frey is a monster.

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
Tamali should have done the NOC!

abz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Night of Champions: PDI' prejudging discussion
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »

Kamali wouldnt of qualified for the Olympia in this lineup. It looks like a great top five and good compeitors. While attendence isn't what he wanted, the show is decent.

Kudos to Steve Weinberger, a top IFBB official, for coming out and supporting his friend Wayne, the guy that introduced him to his wife many yearsa ago. That was nice of him!

schwarzenpecker

• Getbig II
  • You may have seen me at your local video store
Re: Night of Champions: PDI' prejudging discussion
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2006, 04:10:19 PM »
Lee Priest was in great shape, hard to believe he had a staph infection and his shoulder cut open only a couple of weeks before the show.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
Re: PDI Night of Champions: Prejudging discussion
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »
no way kamali would place top 4 with this lineup... ;D

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »
Why not ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 04:37:56 PM »
no way kamali would place top 4 with this lineup... ;D

That's why he didn't go PDI...  he would have done shitty there, too, and been even more embarrassed.

Ron: "I am lazy."

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 05:19:54 PM »
Bash the attendance all you want, nobody cares about going to ANY pro show outside of the arnold and O.  Even those events give away ass loads of tickets to fill the stands.  If you think the arnold is a "sold out" event, you're crazy.  There is a reason pro shows are generally combined with an NPC show.  NPC pays the bills, period.  Nobody comes to watch the pro's, sorry guys.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 05:25:09 PM »
Lee priest is the best thing to come to big time Bodybuilding in many many years.  Maybe not tomorrow or next month, but soon other bodybuilders are going to realize that they basically do this for themselves and the allure of competition.  Bodybuilders want to compete...like anyone that partakes in a sport or game they are competitive.  The PDI is given them another place to do this...and they should have the right, being that the ifbb does not have them on salary.  

Anyway, good for Lee.....If I were a fellow pro BB I would be calling him up and showing my support to the step he took.

Not for nothing but a few of these guys are good bodybuilders...on any stage.  sami has all the physique potential in the world.  lee looks better then I've seen him look in many shows, very full and hard upper body, real thick balanced legs.  

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »
There were three huge short guys in incredible condition, don't have their names, numbers were 15, 16, and 8...anyone help me here if you were at the show.

8-Geoff Hargreaves
15-Jason Palofox
16-Georgei Maiorano

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
Bash the attendance all you want, nobody cares about going to ANY pro show outside of the arnold and O.  Even those events give away ass loads of tickets to fill the stands.  If you think the arnold is a "sold out" event, you're crazy.  There is a reason pro shows are generally combined with an NPC show.  NPC pays the bills, period.  Nobody comes to watch the pro's, sorry guys.

Very true.  Probably barely a 1000 people would go to the Arnold or Olympia if it was a stand alone show with no expo or other things happening. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »
Very true.  Probably barely a 1000 people would go to the Arnold or Olympia if it was a stand alone show with no expo or other things happening. 

I still think webcast ppv is the way to go.  Unless you're really into this crap, you're not gonna go see a bodybuilding show in person, but I think a lot of people might pay $5 or $10 to watch these dramas that are discussed on the boards play out.  And you should be able to get a lot more money out of the advertisers too, since you're increasing their exposure by like a factor of 10 or 20.
Ron: "I am lazy."

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »
bingo!
take away ronnie and jay and it will go to another level of disasterous! look at the lack of interest in the asc with neither one competing!
your avg fan does not give 2 shits about any show besides the asc and mr o and even those 2 shows need a rivalry, gaspari/haney, yates era was a downer do to the  lack of a rivalry, colemen/cutler  brought great interest back... once thats over they will have to wait again for a big one to develop!

plus it needs to be a white vs black guy! black on black, white on white the avg fan wont get enticed!

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »
I still think webcast ppv is the way to go.  Unless you're really into this crap, you're not gonna go see a bodybuilding show in person, but I think a lot of people might pay $5 or $10 to watch these dramas that are discussed on the boards play out.  And you should be able to get a lot more money out of the advertisers too, since you're increasing their exposure by like a factor of 10 or 20.
10 bucks on tv  is better do to all the internet problems on both ends!