Author Topic: Innocent Man Sent to Syria and Tortured, Probe Finds  (Read 7752 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Innocent Man Sent to Syria and Tortured, Probe Finds
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 01:55:08 AM »
BB, I don't get it.  I might be labelable as a skeptic, CT, etc, but I am very direct in my statements and beliefs.

You rant about how correct it is to torture one man, but you will not say that torturing 75,000 men under similar circumstances.  Either it is, or it isn't.  You condone one.  But you don't condone bigger numbers?

You're either scared to say you support large scale torture, or you just realized that you've painted yourself into an indefensible position.  I'll ask again:

Would you support the torture of 75,000 men?

240, the good thing about these message boards is you can try and make stuff up, but you can't change my posts.  I never ranted or said "how correct it is to torture one man."  You can repeat that nonsense till the cows come home, but it just makes you sound like more of a lunatic.  Sometimes I'll engage you (for fun), but dude you too often sound a few fries short of a Happy Meal, with some lucid intervals of sanity.

I don't support the torture of an innocent man.  Never said that.  So your question is rather silly.

Do you support consensual sex between humans and aliens?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 01:58:35 AM »
I don't support the torture of an innocent man.  Never said that.  So your question is rather silly.

Do you support the torture of "suspected" terrorists?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:06 AM »
Do you support the torture of "suspected" terrorists?

Look, if the guy was tortured and he's not a terrorist, I think that is awful.  Like I said about ten times already, the Canadian government should compensate the poor guy. 

Now if you want to ask whether I support the torture of a known terrorist, the is answer is "probably," if those on the ground believe it will help save American lives. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 02:09:09 AM »
Look, if the guy was tortured and he's not a terrorist, I think that is awful.  Like I said about ten times already, the Canadian government should compensate the poor guy. 

Now if you want to ask whether I support the torture of a known terrorist, the is answer is "probably," if those on the ground believe it will help save American lives. 

I didn't ask about that.  This guy was a programmer and family man.  Cases like his are in the 10s when our terrorist tortures are in the hundreds.

Problem is, once Bush gets his torture bill, we'll be torturing more people.  instead of having 10 mistakes per 100, we'll now have 100 mistakes for 1000.

Then, we'll be torturing 10,000 men and hey, maybe 1,000 of them are completely innocent.  maybe less, maybe more.  But a thousand men just spent a year getting waterboarded, having car batteries attached to their genitals, or perhaps having small slits made in their genitals every monday for 52 weeks.

Stats don't lie.  A percentage will always be wrongly accused.  The more men you allow to be tortured, the more men will be wrongly tortured.  This is why you cannot allow one.

besides, truth serum and polygraphs work.  morphine makes people tell the truth.  Ask any terrorist if he'd prefer an hour in a freezer, or a shot of morphine ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:55 AM »
I didn't ask about that.  This guy was a programmer and family man.  Cases like his are in the 10s when our terrorist tortures are in the hundreds.

Problem is, once Bush gets his torture bill, we'll be torturing more people.  instead of having 10 mistakes per 100, we'll now have 100 mistakes for 1000.

Then, we'll be torturing 10,000 men and hey, maybe 1,000 of them are completely innocent.  maybe less, maybe more.  But a thousand men just spent a year getting waterboarded, having car batteries attached to their genitals, or perhaps having small slits made in their genitals every monday for 52 weeks.

Stats don't lie.  A percentage will always be wrongly accused.  The more men you allow to be tortured, the more men will be wrongly tortured.  This is why you cannot allow one.

besides, truth serum and polygraphs work.  morphine makes people tell the truth.  Ask any terrorist if he'd prefer an hour in a freezer, or a shot of morphine ;)

Did the U.S. torture the guy, or did I miss something? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 02:14:58 AM »
Did the U.S. torture the guy, or did I miss something? 

yes.  We took him to Syria and tortured him for a year.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 02:15:42 AM »
HH6, How can you even equate or compare the interrogation of a terrorist captured on the battlefield with the rendition & torture of an innocent civilian on his way home from vacation?  :-\

I'm not...my comment was torture in general..If this guy is innocent then he should get paid.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2006, 02:19:55 AM »
yes.  We took him to Syria and tortured him for a year.

lol.  Here is an excerpt that you put in bold print in the first post in this thread:  "He spent nearly a year in prison in Syria and made detailed allegations after his release in 2003 about extensive interrogation, beatings and whippings with electrical cables."

So now the U.S. tortured him in a Syrian prison?   ::)  Dang dude.  This is like shooting fish in a barrel.   ;D  O.K.  I'm going to be or I won't get up on time in the morning.  Buenos noches gents.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2006, 02:23:23 AM »
lol.  Here is an excerpt that you put in bold print in the first post in this thread:  "He spent nearly a year in prison in Syria and made detailed allegations after his release in 2003 about extensive interrogation, beatings and whippings with electrical cables."

So now the U.S. tortured him in a Syrian prison?   ::)  Dang dude.  This is like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Yes.  This is exactly true.  Our CIA takes people to countries where torture is permitted.  Syria is one of them.  Intelligence agencies always work together no matter how much public posturing their leaders make.  This story is straight from the AP.

He spent nearly a year in prison in Syria and made detailed allegations after his release in 2003 about extensive interrogation, beatings and whippings with electrical cables.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2006, 04:58:07 AM »

So now the U.S. tortured him in a Syrian prison?   ::)  Dang dude.  This is like shooting fish in a barrel.   ;D  O.K.  I'm going to be or I won't get up on time in the morning.  Buenos noches gents.

:-[  I get embarrassed for you sometimes, ...but this is just far too painful to watch.
The level of your ignorance is appalling. Scarier still, ...you not only have the audacity to open your mouth and speak, ...you probably vote too.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »
These are the words of the kindly faced, retired General who admitted to torturing suspected Algerian terrorists in the 1950's. He stated elsewhere that waterboarding was an extemely efficient and cost-effective way of extracting information.  Waterboarding has been around since the stone tablets days.  It's naive to think that even civilized countries don't engage in, or condone torture.  It's just that we are now better informed and actually hear about it.

"I would do it [the torture and killings] again today if it were against Osama bin Laden," he said. "These were not reprisals... It was a case of stopping actions which were being prepared for deeds that would cause the deaths of French citizens in Algeria."

In his book, Special Services: Algeria 1955-57, Gen Aussaresses said that the government of the day was fully aware of those practices, and that he had only followed orders to eradicate terrorism.

"The best way to make a terrorist talk when he refused to say what he knew was to torture him," he wrote in one of the 19 passages singled out by the prosecution.

Of the hundreds of Algerian independence fighters summarily executed on his orders, he said in another passage: "I was indifferent. They had to be killed, that's all there is to it."

http://www.globalpolicy.org/intljustice/general/2001/1127ga.htm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04:35 AM »
:-[  I get embarrassed for you sometimes, ...but this is just far too painful to watch.
The level of your ignorance is appalling. Scarier still, ...you not only have the audacity to open your mouth and speak, ...you probably vote too.

If I had an ounce of respect for your intellect I MIGHT be a little offended.  Instead, you helped me start off my day with a smile.  Gracias.   ;D 

And I don't ever get embarrassed for you, because I'm not convinced you actually know how ridiculous many of your comments are. 

Yes, I vote.  Every election.  It's a family affair.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »
Yes.  This is exactly true.  Our CIA takes people to countries where torture is permitted.  Syria is one of them.  Intelligence agencies always work together no matter how much public posturing their leaders make.  This story is straight from the AP.

He spent nearly a year in prison in Syria and made detailed allegations after his release in 2003 about extensive interrogation, beatings and whippings with electrical cables.

So where does the AP say the CIA tortured this guy in a Syrian prison?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »
So where does the AP say the CIA tortured this guy in a Syrian prison?

God, I'm growing bored.  You are uneducated in this arena. I don't know if you don't watch the news, or just don't keep track of politics.   Bush went on tv last week and said that while our troop do not use torture, our intelligence agency does.   

I'm not going to spoonfeed you this shit.  It was all over the news. Go google bush's speech. You cry for free links, then crap on them, and it seems like you have no clue what is even going on in the world.  Bush said last week that the CIA has successfully used the techniques on terrorists.  Look it up yourself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »
God, I'm growing bored.  You are uneducated in this arena. I don't know if you don't watch the news, or just don't keep track of politics.   Bush went on tv last week and said that while our troop do not use torture, our intelligence agency does.   

I'm not going to spoonfeed you this shit.  It was all over the news. Go google bush's speech. You cry for free links, then crap on them, and it seems like you have no clue what is even going on in the world.  Bush said last week that the CIA has successfully used the techniques on terrorists.  Look it up yourself.

Here is what you said when I asked whether the U.S. tortured this guy:  "yes.  We took him to Syria and tortured him for a year." 

Prove it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2006, 11:57:27 AM »
Here is what you said when I asked whether the U.S. tortured this guy:  "yes.  We took him to Syria and tortured him for a year." 

Prove it. 

Oh geez, you want me to spend my day proving that the US, Can, and the Ap are telling the truth. 

Please turn on the news, do some reading, and catch up with the rest of us.  This was all over the news last week.  If I have to prove news claims now for you to believe anything, well, good luck with that.  Bush admitted last week that we routinely torture terrorists in nations which allow it.  wake up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2006, 12:03:03 PM »
Oh geez, you want me to spend my day proving that the US, Can, and the Ap are telling the truth. 

Please turn on the news, do some reading, and catch up with the rest of us.  This was all over the news last week.  If I have to prove news claims now for you to believe anything, well, good luck with that.  Bush admitted last week that we routinely torture terrorists in nations which allow it.  wake up.

Translation, "although I made the unsubstantiated allegation that the U.S. tortured a man in a Syrian prison, I have no evidence to support this allegation, and I expect you to find it for me." 

You make a dumb comment, you find the facts to support it.  You don't pay me enough to do your research.
   :)

Thunderfck1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »
Injecting someone with heroin is FAR MORE ethical than cutting small slits into their penis for 4 straight years, letting them heal, then doing it again. 

For one thing it said he was interrogated, beaten, and whipped with electrical cables. I didn't see where this guy's penis was cut. So lets use some basic logic to understand this: getting beating hurts, getting shot up with heroin can kill someone. Which one has a better chance of making someone's heart stop?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2006, 07:18:36 PM »
240, Let it go. Beachbum is either incredibly obtuse, ...or purposely trying to frustrate you.
Either way, ...it's not worth the effort.  :-\
w

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »
you didn't mention the free 3 meals and a haircut