Author Topic: Rituals that i do....  (Read 13730 times)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: Rituals that i do....
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 01:41:55 PM »
I had a friend who did something very similar.  We used to call it the shuffle. ;D  Backstepping 10 times, etc.

Almost forgot, the ex was a bit OCD too.  Could not leave the house without standing in front of the door trying to turn the handle forever and ever to make sure it was locked...Made us turn around and drive home fearing the oven was on etc. many times, and now she has this compulsion to keep fucking with my life years after the divorce  ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
I just spent a week working with someone who couldn't have any food item touching another food item on his plate.  I thought he was going to cry when the mashed potatoes touched his salisbury steak. Very Weird!!!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
i have to make sure all closets are closed before going to bed.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »
I just spent a week working with someone who couldn't have any food item touching another food item on his plate.  I thought he was going to cry when the mashed potatoes touched his salisbury steak. Very Weird!!!

nope i have no problem with food touching.  My only thing is that i don't like overly sauced things.  Other than that, not much will hold me back form eating, lol.  Thank god i'm bulking  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:36 PM »

Well yes, but that's just basic feng shui.  Open closets interrupt the free flow of positive energy. 

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 01:54:43 PM »
If I'm eating...I cant take a drink.  I have to get everything down before drinking anything.  The thought of having liquids mix with my food in my mouth makes me GAG.  I hate to see other people do it too...

ewwww yuck! :-X

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
Another classic from the ex archives...she collected cardboard boxes...Anytime we got a package or bought something she would refuse to toss out the box claiming it would be used for shipping at some point.  I remember we had a mountain literally, of boxes in an unfinished room in the basement.  The washing machine overflowed or something once and flooded that room.  She was in tears as I was angrily tossing soaking wet boxes out.   ::)

BKS - Guardian of Truth

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »
At night when turning on/off lights the light switch (the kind with 4 on the light switch plate) HAVE to all face the same direction. It's either all up or all down.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
little OCD habit

sneakers are clean worn through the bottoms, will reseal them with shoe goo

work sneakers are like three years old!
X

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2006, 03:10:51 PM »

OMG that's so me - lol! Well I won't cry but I don't like it >:( Ever since I was a little girl I've hated to have my food touch on my plate, Thanksgiving drives me nuts let me tell ya... I've been known to use multiple plates so the goupy stuff (gravy, etc) doesn't get into other things. Now there are 3 exceptions to this rule: mashed potatoes with gravy (of course!), mashed potatoes w/corn & when I eat pork and saurkraut I mix everything together along with my mashed potatoes on the plate - YUM! Ya know I just noticed that everything I will mix involves mashed potatoes... hmmm.

Also I tend to eat one thing at a time on my plate: all my veggies, then the meat, etc... I don't know why, I'm just weird I guess :-\
BKS approved

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 03:20:41 PM »

Me too! And all my blinds/shades have to be down on the windows. But I know where I got this little tic from... when I was little (8 - 9 yrs old) we lived in a downstairs apt (side note: our neighbor Max was a fruitcake - seriously, he committed suicide later on). Anyway, I had eaten dinner in the living room & my mom told me to take my plate out to the kitchen (this involved walking down this long-ass hallway where the light switch was halfway down) so here I am creeping down the hallway in the dark watching my feet for some reason with 1 hand along the wall feeling for the switch. Well I get there & I look up to see Max (the neighbor) standing in the kitchen door w/his face pressed against the glass :o Needless to say I screamed, threw the plate & took off - lol! Hence now & forever once it starts to get dark I have to have my blinds closed.
BKS approved

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »
ok here you can discuss whatever rituals/habits you have to do when either watching a movie, cooking, pre-game etc.

ok this is a british thing so Linda is prolly the only one that'll get it...my couzin and i will always shout "howazzzzat" at every little thing while watching a cricket match.

..this is more of a bad habit..but every time some chic says "excuse me" i cant help but reply " you're excused" ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 08:48:33 PM »

Also I tend to eat one thing at a time on my plate: all my veggies, then the meat, etc... I don't know why, I'm just weird I guess :-\

i do that too a lot

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 10:00:07 PM »
First thing I do in the morning is put my towels in the dryer on high heat.  I have 3  ::)  One for the hair, one for the bod and one to wrap the other two.  Right before I get in the shower (which is warming up), I take them out of the dryer and have them ready when I step out - all nice and toasty. :P  Sure, I could get one of those fancy towel warmers, but this works just as well...
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 10:04:07 PM »
I have to vacuum after cleaning the house.  Its always last on the list...no questions asked.  And I have a certain pattern that I make with the tracks.  I get pissed when someone walks on the tracks. >:(

When we built our house, I specifically chose a carpet that would NOT show vacuum cleaner marks.  I was VERY adament about that  ::)  I hated them  ::)   Something to do with "I didn't want it to look like I just vacuumed when I just did  ::)  I wanted it to look like the floor was just "always clean".
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 10:09:31 AM »
i braely vacuum any more, hardwood floors and all.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 10:30:18 AM »
um ok that too.  I was thinking more along the lines of say, before getting in the car you walk around the car and check the tires and the like.  But if there are people that have weird Sybil moments then that would be good too.  xxxLinda in 3,2,1   ;D

I'll read 40 posts shortly.  But for now, I've read no. 3.

I count things.
I always put my right sock on first, the the left.  Then my right shoe.

I've never walked under a ladder

I dream funny things too.  I think I told you dreampt recently about scrolling menus repeatedly (over and over...

Last night I was dreaming I was looking for something(s
I found them, it was a nice dream.

I constantly count.  I met someone the other day who admitted to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (I've not properly owned up to that one yet, I'm still just reading the symptoms)...  He said that his psychiatrist/physcohogistic stated that people with OCD can learn anything, immediately.

My next door neighbour is a 50-year cello teacher.  He says that dyslexia and all the rest of these new disorders are a bunch of new-age rubbish.

I turn over 3x in bed before I go to sleep.  First I think about the day I've had.  Then I roll over and think about tomorrow.  Then I get comfy the round the other way and sleep.

xL

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 10:39:41 AM »
if you have a symptom we have a condition.  sad state of affairs

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
Also I tend to eat one thing at a time on my plate: all my veggies, then the meat, etc... I don't know why, I'm just weird I guess Undecided

I do that.  I don't think it's weird.  Other times I go back forth from one thing to the next.

I just save the last best bite till last.

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »
if you have a symptom we have a condition.  sad state of affairs

At least I don't have an eating disorder.

xL

(Is that a mental disorder or a physical one?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2006, 10:56:50 AM »

ok this is a british thing so Linda is prolly the only one that'll get it...my couzin and i will always shout "howazzzzat" at every little thing while watching a cricket match.

..this is more of a bad habit..but every time some chic says "excuse me" i cant help but reply " you're excused" ;D

squeeze me?

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
hi, that's a joke.  I either say sku-sa or
squeeze me, nowdays.

Noone understands excuse me.

Howzat?
xL

(I sing Liverpool, liverpool, liverpool, but we still get beat when Chelsea are down to 10 men.  Oh well.  I always wear the right t-shirt.