Author Topic: US Aggression - will it continue?  (Read 6037 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: US Aggression - will it continue?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 01:56:06 AM »
for real dude - why are we putting up longterm infrastructure in the place if we plan to bail?

American firms are seriously moving in, and our bases are getting bigger, not smaller.

I don't believe you.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:10 AM »
Hey beach..toxie (my second favorite Paki) is right...we're never leaving..either place. Iraq is way to unstable and the Afghans are way to incompetent. I wish it was not so..I hate this place.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 02:04:15 AM »
I don't believe you.

Okay.  

A rolling, forward-operating, expeditionary, or temporary base is what they use for a 6 to 12 month plan.

Last year we added 14 'enduring' bases in Iraq.  These are long-term bases, designed for 2 to 10 year committments.  

Infrastructure never lies, my friend.  Look where the airports, power grids, and barber shops are popping up.  Those are the places where people will be staying for quite some time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 02:07:04 AM »
Hey beach..toxie (my second favorite Paki) is right...we're never leaving..either place. Iraq is way to unstable and the Afghans are way to incompetent. I wish it was not so..I hate this place.

I actually agreed that we will have a presence in five years.  I doubt we ever completely pull out either.  But he is essentially saying we will be running the government.  I don't believe that.  Do you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:34 AM »
I actually agreed that we will have a presence in five years.  I doubt we ever completely pull out either.  But he is essentially saying we will be running the government.  I don't believe that.  Do you?

No.  I said "American firms are seriously moving in, and our bases are getting bigger, not smaller. " and you said "I don't believe you."

Show me where I posted on this thread that we'll be running the govt.  I didn't.

What I said is that our military and firms are setting up for the long haul.  The govt will be independently run, but they'll be crippled by longterm unfair contracts which give most of the profit to US firms and just allow the Iraqis to keep their head above water.  And we politely tell the Iraqi leaders which companies and contracts they will agree to.

Think about it this way.  do you really think that, with the entire world vying for their oil, the new Iraqi president would really choose a no-bid US company to manage their only reseouce? hahahahah never ever. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 02:15:51 AM »
No.  I said "American firms are seriously moving in, and our bases are getting bigger, not smaller. " and you said "I don't believe you."

Show me where I posted on this thread that we'll be running the govt.  I didn't.

What I said is that our military and firms are setting up for the long haul.  The govt will be independently run, but they'll be crippled by longterm unfair contracts which give most of the profit to US firms and just allow the Iraqis to keep their head above water.  And we politely tell the Iraqi leaders which companies and contracts they will agree to.

Think about it this way.  do you really think that, with the entire world vying for their oil, the new Iraqi president would really choose a no-bid US company to manage their only reseouce? hahahahah never ever. 

Ah so.  240 you have somewhat of a reading comprehension problem.  Headhunter was talking about an exchange I had with Toxic.  I responded to Headhunter's comments about Toxic.  I was not talking about you. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 02:18:38 AM »
ah gotcha.  In that case, do you see our insistence on iraq choosing no-bid US firms strongly tied into the military industrial complex as a sign that we might be sticking around for a bit?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »
for real dude - why are we putting up longterm infrastructure in the place if we plan to bail?

American firms are seriously moving in, and our bases are getting bigger, not smaller.

And how do you know that?
The House that Ruth built

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 07:31:41 AM »
All we are doing there guys is putting up a democratic government that will protect our rights to do what ever the "power companies" set themselves up to do and make vicious profits from.

The extent of our military invovlement will be directly tied to the integrity and stablization fo that new democratic government.  So as long as there is a threat of civil war i guarantee you we will still be there in force.

The one and only thing that can change that is a drastic change in public opinion

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
2.  We don't need to make an attempt at world domination, because we're already the only super power left on the planet. 

You live in Fantasia land if you think this will last forever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
And how do you know that?

look it up.  it's widely reported. off the top of google, i found this one form the chicago tribune.

globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040323-enduring-bases.htm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
ah gotcha.  In that case, do you see our insistence on iraq choosing no-bid US firms strongly tied into the military industrial complex as a sign that we might be sticking around for a bit?

I already said we are sticking around.  Pretty much forever. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »
You live in Fantasia land if you think this will last forever.

Actually, I do live on Fantasy Island, but what makes you think the U.S. will not be a super power one day? 

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2006, 11:17:36 AM »
Actually, I do live on Fantasy Island, but what makes you think the U.S. will not be a super power one day? 

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20060826-101821-7035r.htm

Because Americans today in general are not as tough as in the old days, maybe? Anyway, it is a fact that, true history, not one superpower ever last. Not even the Roman empire.

Why should the mighty U.S of A. be any different? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 11:28:03 AM »
http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20060826-101821-7035r.htm

Because Americans today in general are not as tough as in the old days, maybe? Anyway, it is a fact that, true history, not one superpower ever last. Not even the Roman empire.

Why should the mighty U.S of A. be any different? 

Interesting editorial.   He mentions our "retreat under fire from Mogadishu 10 years later."  The worst mistake of the Clinton presidency IMO.  Les Aspen refused to give the commanders on the ground the hardware they needed and asked for because he was worried about how it would look back home.  So our boys get slaughtered.  How ironic that Apsen died some time later.  The blood of those soldiers was on his hands. 

But regarding the super power issue, I don't see anything that will bring us to our knees in the near future.  We don't face any military threat.  Our borders are secure from an enemy invasion.  We have good, smart people throughout the government and private sectors.  We have the most sophisticated weapons in the world.  Some of the primary threats we face are ballooning debt, aging baby boomers, natural disasters, and terrorism.  We can handle the debt if we get our act together.  Not sure we can completely control the rest. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 11:53:50 AM »
Interesting editorial.   He mentions our "retreat under fire from Mogadishu 10 years later."  The worst mistake of the Clinton presidency IMO.  Les Aspen refused to give the commanders on the ground the hardware they needed and asked for because he was worried about how it would look back home.  So our boys get slaughtered.  How ironic that Apsen died some time later.  The blood of those soldiers were on his hands. 

But regarding the super power issue, I don't see anything that will bring us to our knees in the near future.  We don't face any military threat.  Our borders are secure from an enemy invasion.  We have good, smart people throughout the government and private sectors.  We have the most sophisticated weapons in the world.  Some of the primary threats we face are ballooning debt, aging baby boomers, natural disasters, and terrorism.  We can handle the debt if we get our act together.  Not sure we can completely control the rest. 

China is the next threat as their economy is growing by 10% per year.  By 2020 it will be bigger than ours at that rate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »
China is the next threat as their economy is growing by 10% per year.  By 2020 it will be bigger than ours at that rate.

Yeah, but they have close to 1.5 billion people to feed. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »
Yeah, but they have close to 1.5 billion people to feed. 

It doesn't matter.  It's the technological equalilty combined with economic and man power that will make them true rivals.  They'd been getting by feeding their people for years on a poor economy.

Ask some of your higher ranking friends who are still in the military about this.  I bet they have been breifed on some of these things already.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »
I dig chinese food!
Most are all show no go!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »
I dig chinese food!

I hate Chinese food! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »
It doesn't matter.  It's the technological equalilty combined with economic and man power that will make them true rivals.  They'd been getting by feeding their people for years on a poor economy.

Ask some of your higher ranking friends who are still in the military about this.  I bet they have been breifed on some of these things already.

Ozmo the only way I see China becoming a super power is if communism falls.  I do think it will eventually fall in China, but until then, I don't see them as a major threat to the U.S.  Actually, I doubt they will ever be a threat.  They will be a rival and competitor, but we won't have to worry about them storming our shores. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
Ozmo the only way I see China becoming a super power is if communism falls.  I do think it will eventually fall in China, but until then, I don't see them as a major threat to the U.S.  Actually, I doubt they will ever be a threat.  They will be a rival and competitor, but we won't have to worry about them storming our shores. 

You need to research it, bud.  It's a fact.  Time has done a story on it, in fact a few months ago i think they had it on thier cover page. 

Communism isn't the problem in China......it's government authorized capitalism in China that's flurishing.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2006, 12:41:14 PM »
Americans are turning into fat-lazy pieces of drugged out garbage.  We better watch our Backs, cause we will in a decade be in serious trouble!

F ing Scary!

When more people vote for the american idol than for president, that my friend is a sad sad state no matter who's fault it is.
Most are all show no go!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »
You need to research it, bud.  It's a fact.  Time has done a story on it, in fact a few months ago i think they had it on thier cover page. 

Communism isn't the problem in China......it's government authorized capitalism in China that's flurishing.

So let's assume China has a thriving economy and makes substantial technological advancements.  How would that negatively impact the U.S.?  I guess if they produced vastly superior products and put American companies out of business, that could have a significant impact, but the U.S. has been flooded with China products for years. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »
Americans are turning into fat-lazy pieces of drugged out garbage.  We better watch our Backs, cause we will in a decade be in serious trouble!

F ing Scary!

When more people vote for the american idol than for president, that my friend is a sad sad state no matter who's fault it is.

I completely agree.  Obesity is a huge problem.  Voter apathy has been a terrible problem for years.  It's unfortunate.  We've got issues.