Author Topic: Baby dies after being attacked by Rottweillers  (Read 4501 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Baby dies after being attacked by Rottweillers
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
Earl you calling me a scumbag? Do I own Frankie (American bulldog) to be tougher? 90 percent of the people who see my dog go crazy about how "cute" he is. They love his markings and patches of brindle. He is considered a "dangerous" dog. My dog is at the dog park all the time. Most all the dogs who are causing trouble and starting fights are mutts or toy breeds. Never have I seen a pit rotty or ab start a single dog fight in over 4 years.

no sir :-X

are you saying that many people don't own these dogs because they need to feel macho?  almost every guy i've ever known that had one of these dogs always tried to portray some sort of tough guy image

I own a pomeranian and i'm as macho as it gets, I don't need a big mean dog to feel tough like most of the idiot owners of these dogs do 8)

everytime I hear about a dog attack it is always the same breeds

it's never a golden retriever or a great dane

it's both bad owners and bad dogs

E
E

body88

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 09:14:40 PM »
no sir :-X

are you saying that many people don't own these dogs because they need to feel macho?  almost every guy i've ever known that had one of these dogs always tried to portray some sort of tough guy image

I own a pomeranian and i'm as macho as it gets, I don't need a big mean dog to feel tough like most of the idiot owners of these dogs do 8)

everytime I hear about a dog attack it is always the same breeds

it's never a golden retriever or a great dane

it's both bad owners and bad dogs

E

I agree that macho idiots do own these dogs to feel "tougher". I bet they also own guns and swords and anything else you can think off to pump there ego up. My point is the people who need to be punished and are causing this problem are right in front of us all. You said it. Macho idiots using animals as weapons that would be just as happy properly socialized and trained making older patients smile in hospitals. Dogs are not born mean.  There are millions of normal people who own pitbulls abs and rottys. My mother is 60 years old and loves my puppy. She loves the breed and is in the process of getting her own ab bull.

I think you hear about the same old breeds because the news and media only reports attacks by the "same old breeds". I have tons of research and information of every breed you can think off hurting or mauling humans in my quest to edjucate people about pitbulls and other breeds. To be honest small dogs like chihuahua's are much more unstable than dogs like pits and Ab's. The snippiest most high strung dogs are almost always toys. Obviously if a large dog like a pit attacks a human it will do much more damage. But in a small child's case a 10 lb terrier can be deadly. A puppy is a puppy. It is all in how to raise them. Great Dane or Pomeranian they need to be raised correctly. You skip out on the basics of socialization with dominant male breeds and the bad things you read can happen. These tough guys are really fucking shit up for people like me. I cannot really explain why I like American bulldogs, pitbulls and dogs of that nature. I do not need an ego boost nor do I feel tougher.I just like the way there faces look! I like there markings and personality. I will always own standard or hybrid bulls. But that said I love all animals. I am not a huge fan of dobermans nor do I particularly like German Shepard's. I do like all dogs but just because a dog is "tough" it does not draw me to them. The funny thing is the city of San Fransisco which was crying about the huge pitbull problem they had logged about 300 bites (total for all breeds) one particular year. Down 15 percent and the lowest rate they had ever had ::) One thing will solve this issue on both sides. Tougher laws against negligent owners,dogfighters and back yard breeders. Education about these breeds to the general public. Lastly there needs to be reasonable restrictions with breeds able to cause serious harm. Reasonable.... Not ridiculous. Some assclown who has never owned a pit knows nothing about them and is looking for votes to win some election will never tell me what I can and cannot own.

Can I agree with people not wanting a 70 lb pitbull in the hands of a convicted fellon or previous dog fighter and or abuser of animals? Yes. Can I also agree with parents concerned if a neigher has a giant mastiff that has become aggressive due to the owners lack of knowledge and or motivation to train it? Yep. There are many ways these problems I have stated can be dealt with without unfairly black balling and baning a breed that is perfectly normal 99.9 percent of the time. Punish the people who facilitate the problem. Not the animal they use. The dog did not choose that way of life!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »
these dogs are an abomination >:(

E

Yep. I agree.

Put 'em all to sleep.........

HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 10:13:08 PM »
Yep. I agree.

Put 'em all to sleep.........

Haha what are you going to do when that same tough guy scumbag gets loaded and blows your head off at the bar for looking at him wrong?

Obviously hope your family sues the gun company correct? Get the guns outlawed then you will be safer! Forget the guy who pulled the trigger!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 10:20:49 PM »
When I read the title to this thread I knew body88 would be in it. I agree with him 100%. I have been around several Rots in My life and none of them were mean at all.That's because they were not made mean by the owners,however,the owners knew the potential was there and were responsible with their animal.Who knows why the dogs attacked this child,but they are animals and they had some reason.They do not understand that it is a baby and that what they did was so horrible.Pet owners must take responsibility for the actions of their animals.If you had a pet python,you would not leave it with your baby would you?

p.s. Good looking pup Body, looks ferocious.

body88

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2006, 10:20:52 PM »
The same people who agree with banning or killing entire breeds of dogs over a few isolated incidents, facilitated 99.99999 percent of the time by humans neglecting, abusing or trainging them to attack people. Are the same people who say we should kill everyone in the muslim world over the actions of some extremists  ::) If you agree with one and not the other you are a hypocrite!

body88

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2006, 10:23:45 PM »
When I read the title to this thread I knew body88 would be in it. I agree with him 100%. I have been around several Rots in My life and none of them were mean at all.That's because they were not made mean by the owners,however,the owners knew the potential was there and were responsible with their animal.Who knows why the dogs attacked this child,but they are animals and they had some reason.They do not understand that it is a baby and that what they did was so horrible.Pet owners must take responsibility for the actions of their animals.If you had a pet python,you would not leave it with your baby would you?

p.s. Good looking pup Body, looks ferocious.

Thanks man. He looks ferocious but he is a big teddy bear. That chain he has on in those pics is 22 inches.Growing like a weed at the moment. He is very calm and social.Just last night my 3 year old nephew was over for a dinner with my sister. He played with Frankie under my supervision all night. he adores the dog. Great with kids. Very patient and gentle.He will be 9 months next week. You are correct 100 percent with your post. I know when I get my pet grizzley bear the first thing I will do is leave him alone with my new born baby!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 06:32:13 AM »

I agree that macho idiots do own these dogs to feel "tougher". I bet they also own guns and swords and anything else you can think off to pump there ego up. My point is the people who need to be punished and are causing this problem are right in front of us all. You said it. Macho idiots using animals as weapons that would be just as happy properly socialized and trained making older patients smile in hospitals. Dogs are not born mean.  There are millions of normal people who own pitbulls abs and rottys. My mother is 60 years old and loves my puppy. She loves the breed and is in the process of getting her own ab bull.

I think you hear about the same old breeds because the news and media only reports attacks by the "same old breeds". I have tons of research and information of every breed you can think off hurting or mauling humans in my quest to edjucate people about pitbulls and other breeds. To be honest small dogs like chihuahua's are much more unstable than dogs like pits and Ab's. The snippiest most high strung dogs are almost always toys. Obviously if a large dog like a pit attacks a human it will do much more damage. But in a small child's case a 10 lb terrier can be deadly. A puppy is a puppy. It is all in how to raise them. Great Dane or Pomeranian they need to be raised correctly. You skip out on the basics of socialization with dominant male breeds and the bad things you read can happen. These tough guys are really fucking shit up for people like me. I cannot really explain why I like American bulldogs, pitbulls and dogs of that nature. I do not need an ego boost nor do I feel tougher.I just like the way there faces look! I like there markings and personality. I will always own standard or hybrid bulls. But that said I love all animals. I am not a huge fan of dobermans nor do I particularly like German Shepard's. I do like all dogs but just because a dog is "tough" it does not draw me to them. The funny thing is the city of San Fransisco which was crying about the huge pitbull problem they had logged about 300 bites (total for all breeds) one particular year. Down 15 percent and the lowest rate they had ever had ::) One thing will solve this issue on both sides. Tougher laws against negligent owners,dogfighters and back yard breeders. Education about these breeds to the general public. Lastly there needs to be reasonable restrictions with breeds able to cause serious harm. Reasonable.... Not ridiculous. Some assclown who has never owned a pit knows nothing about them and is looking for votes to win some election will never tell me what I can and cannot own.

Can I agree with people not wanting a 70 lb pitbull in the hands of a convicted fellon or previous dog fighter and or abuser of animals? Yes. Can I also agree with parents concerned if a neigher has a giant mastiff that has become aggressive due to the owners lack of knowledge and or motivation to train it? Yep. There are many ways these problems I have stated can be dealt with without unfairly black balling and baning a breed that is perfectly normal 99.9 percent of the time. Punish the people who facilitate the problem. Not the animal they use. The dog did not choose that way of life!

damn body you're really passionate about these dogs aren't ya :)

E
E

body88

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 06:50:22 AM »
damn body you're really passionate about these dogs aren't ya :)

E

Yeah. Most people think It is a bit odd. I love animals. After owning pitbulls and now an American bulldog I defend them against myths and media idiots looking for attention.

I do not  expect people to all the sudden love these breeds of animals. In the wrong hands they can be very dangerous. I just want people to see it is not a "pitbull thing".  You have every right to your opinion and I am sure the aggressive dogs you have interacted with where in fact aggressive animals. I just want people to have an understanding this whole mess is not the pitbulls fault. It is those who exploit the pitbulls ability to do harm and toughen up there own egos.

If people would just let the myths go and listen to people like myself they would see we do not want to run free with dogs that can hurt people. We want legislation to stop violent dog attacks just as bad as the rest of you. The difference is we see the issue is not with the pitbull but the people who are carelessly breeding them, pitfighting them and basically turning them into monsters for there own protection or small mans complex. We want to be able to own our breeds in peace and cause no harm to anyone. I don't think there is a pitbull or so called "dangerous dog advocate" that would not agree something needs to be done to stop these breeds from being exploited and abused. We just do not agree with an outright ban. The last thing I would ever want is for a child to be hurt by ANY form of dog.

Politicians love issues like pitbulls. They don't need much knowledge on the issue. They have proof in a dog attack (totally disregarding if the dog was socialized , neutered,abused or trained) and latching on to the fact and entire breed is dangerous. They make a large number of ingnortant ,angry and scared people happy, get the votes they need and can say they did something! There are several clinical and scientific studies listing pitbulls and bulldogs to have a better temperament than 99 percent of all dogs. Yet the anti pit people go find some slummed out,inbred, former pit fighting, abused pitbull and show how dangerous he is ::)

newmom

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2006, 06:58:51 AM »
well i wouldnt leave princess alone with any dog...but if i was neglecting her i hope i would leave her alone with a big dog than a little one...

now my dad has one 80 plus chesepeake bay retriever and 100 plus chessy...now princess has no fear of these dogs..so far she doesnt pull on their ears or tails or anything like that..she knows to do nice..she is always happy when she sees them...however, my parents neighboors have 3 mini weiner dogs..and she cried the first time she saw them...all they do is bark besides they are mean little fuckers...

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »
Anybody wishing to "get rid" of their dog can do it humanely. Just send it to a starving Asian Family. That way you solve 2 problems at one time! ;D