Author Topic: if you polled all six billion people on Earth...  (Read 4312 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: if you polled all six billion people on Earth...
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
What "club" are you talking about? 

Part of teaching is forcing them to do things they don't want to do, like chores. 

Scare tactics achieve a whole lot.  They help reinforce behavior, including behavior related to work ethic.  If the kid doesn't fear consequences, they will say "screw you" when you tell them to clean their room. 

Do you have kids?  If so, what method do you use to teach and reinforce behavior?   

Club = christian

telling a child theyre going to hell reinforces work ethic?

telling them jesus is watching will make them consider others?

Id have more faith in humanity if christians put their kids in front of the tv and let Barney raise them...you're blinded by your beliefs so im wasting wind, but let it be known...christianity is the 'fault of our world'

you just cant/dont want to accept that, because that would involve taking resposibility for your actions..and we all know thats what christians are hiding from

surprise! You didnt think we knew that did ya

ps...i would never bring a child into this world

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 12:09:06 AM »
Club = christian

telling a child theyre going to hell reinforces work ethic?

telling them jesus is watching will make them consider others?

Id have more faith in humanity if christians put their kids in front of the tv and let Barney raise them...you're blinded by your beliefs so im wasting wind, but let it be known...christianity is the 'fault of our world'

you just cant/dont want to accept that, because that would involve taking resposibility for your actions..and we all know thats what christians are hiding from

surprise! You didnt think we knew that did ya

ps...i would never bring a child into this world

I'm a Christian. 

I've never told my children they're going to hell.

Telling my children Jesus is watching does help them consider others. 

You don't know what my beliefs are, so you have no basis to say I'm blinded by anything.

Taking responsibility for your actions is something I constantly preach to my children.

I'm glad you haven't brought a child into this world.   :)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:15 AM »
I'm a Christian. 
I'm glad you haven't brought a child into this world.   :)

see the condradiction

ps...nice job at an unpredictable reply  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 03:00:06 AM »
teach them values, manners, work ethic, cosideration, how to think for themselves...support sporting, musical and educational endevours

scare tactics dosnt achieve shit and thats all your 'club' is based on

Some clubs believe in censorship instead. If they can't see it, or hear it, they can't think about it huh?  :P

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=96896.0

Busted!
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 04:03:03 AM »
What "club" are you talking about? 

Part of teaching is forcing them to do things they don't want to do, like chores. 

Scare tactics achieve a whole lot.  They help reinforce behavior, including behavior related to work ethic.  If the kid doesn't fear consequences, they will say "screw you" when you tell them to clean their room. 

Do you have kids?  If so, what method do you use to teach and reinforce behavior?   

My kid has never once uttered the term 'screw you' or anything similar to me. Quite frankly, when I told her to clean her room she just did it. Granted it may have been 7 hours later - but she did it. To 'teach' behaviour - teach by example I am keen on.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 06:22:03 AM »
Bush would be on top no doubt with Sponge Bob square pants finishing a close second.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 08:44:27 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »
My kid has never once uttered the term 'screw you' or anything similar to me. Quite frankly, when I told her to clean her room she just did it. Granted it may have been 7 hours later - but she did it. To 'teach' behaviour - teach by example I am keen on.

Figure of speech.  My kids have never said anything like that to me, have never thrown a tantrum, in public or at home, and do what I say, for the most part.  But we started training them before they were a year old.

I'm a firm believer in leading by example too, but I doubt most parents can simply tell a kid to do something without having the threat of some form of punishment in the background. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
has this anything to do with that shaking the hand of six people thing?