Author Topic: Is the Congressman a sex predator?  (Read 15930 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Is the Congressman a sex predator?
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
Yep, election season is DEFINITELY here now!  ::)
Democrats Hypocrites on Sex Scandals

If there was proof, but his ass in jail.  Why didn't they?  You cannot blame the Republicans - you'd have to fault the FBI and or/media, for not investigatating, or for looking the other way.

All sex offenders belong in jail/removed from office.  To try to take the focus off of Foley and hastert's cover up - because of what someone else did 17 years ago - is silly.  They should have locked up/removed people back then, and they should do it now.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »
Bush put his eggs in the Hastert basket today.  Said that Hastert was doing everything he could to "provide leadership to police and investigators".

What does that mean?  I'll cite it when the transcript comes up. Was on the news about ten minutes ago

It means he's looking forward to more rubberstamps from him. I could be wrong, but I understand Hasterts voting record has been 100% for whatever Bush wants. He probably is not gonna wanna give that up anytime soon. It's the same ole same ole. "Brownie, ...you're doing a heckuva job"  ::)

Even though they blocked Nancy Pelosi's call for an investigation which they should have done from the start, ...now they're coming out and shouting for an investigation. Do they really think that's gonna work on the parents of America?

Even MORE disgusting is what some Republicans are now trying as a form of damage control.

They are referring to congressional pages as beasts. Saying "these 16 & 17 yr old beasts" milked him for everything he was worth. That they egged him on by saying they didn't get a handjob or that they weren't masturbating, ...and poor Foley...   They may think they're selling it, but even I who does not have any children, cannot believe that parents are gonna react on Dem vs. Rep stance on this. Any parent worthy of being a parent,  ...is gonna act like a parent.

I can't imagine what Walsh must be thinking right now. He must be reeling.  :'(
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2006, 12:12:39 PM »
If there was proof, but his ass in jail.  Why didn't they?  You cannot blame the Republicans - you'd have to fault the FBI and or/media, for not investigatating, or for looking the other way.

All sex offenders belong in jail/removed from office.  To try to take the focus off of Foley and hastert's cover up - because of what someone else did 17 years ago - is silly.  They should have locked up/removed people back then, and they should do it now.
Like I said, 240, it's election time.  Everyone's got their mud-slinging guns out. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2006, 12:14:24 PM »
I cannot believe anyone, from either party, would try to turn this issue into "so-and-so did it 17 years ago" or "you're just trying to mess up elections".

Journalists asked questions about the emails twice in the last year.  it was known in small circles.  It was known to both hastert, and his bosses after he said 'it's being taken care of' then nothing happened.

How can anyone defend the 54-year old man cybering with a 16-year old under his authority, or the congressional leader who knew about it and did nothing, even tho it was his job?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »
Like I said, 240, it's election time.  Everyone's got their mud-slinging guns out. 

yeah, and in return, the white house has the october surprise card.  They can create attacks, find bin laden, whatever the hell they want, and the media will spoonfeed it to america.   

the timing is suspect, BUT hastert could have come out anytime in the last year and made it news then.  Sounds like he was just hoping it could get thru election time first.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2006, 12:21:32 PM »

If you're referring to Barney Frank, they did investigate... and they would have loved to smear him, but they couldn't. The Barney Frank thing occurred while Republicans held the whitehouse. All they could charge him with was being gay, ...and he's well out of the closet.

If you're referring to Foley's Follies, you cannot fault the FBI or the media. Republicans held this one close to the vest. When they did admit to knowing something, instead of alerting the proper authorities, they went to the campaign guy. They were more concerned about holding onto their seats than protecting kids.

Worse than silly, is blaming the young victims of sexual harassment by referring to them as beasts. If parents across America let them get away with it, what kind of message does that send to their kids? I truly wonder how some people can look themselves in the mirror without vomitting.  :(
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2006, 07:05:26 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2006, 06:17:38 AM »
I think Hastert's job is in jeopardy.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/04/hastert.foley/index.html

We can only keep our fingers crossed.

He's burning the midnight oil trying to do damage control, but I believe it's gonna backfire.

John Boehner has flip flopped on this back & forth so many times he's gone too. First he said he notified Hastert, then he said he can't remember for sure if he did or not, ...then he gets on local radio talk show calling for Hastert's head to roll, ...

Now, Reynolds' aid, former Foley aid has come out and said Hastert knew all along... now we have a page from the class of 1999 saying Foley hit on him, inviting the kid out for ice-cream, and asking to hook up with him in San Diego.

Now there are alot of Republicans scrambling to distance themselves from Foley by donating to charity, the funds that Foley made to their campaigns.

It's not just Hastert that's in jeopardy, there are alot of people in jeopardy including those who are rushing to his defense. If I was a parent and heard my congressional representative try to defend him, I'd be hopping mad. When a conservative paper like the Washington Post prints an editorial like Tuesday's, you know the heat is on.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2006, 08:59:32 AM »
We can only keep our fingers crossed.

He's burning the midnight oil trying to do damage control, but I believe it's gonna backfire.

John Boehner has flip flopped on this back & forth so many times he's gone too. First he said he notified Hastert, then he said he can't remember for sure if he did or not, ...then he gets on local radio talk show calling for Hastert's head to roll, ...

Now, Reynolds' aid, former Foley aid has come out and said Hastert knew all along... now we have a page from the class of 1999 saying Foley hit on him, inviting the kid out for ice-cream, and asking to hook up with him in San Diego.

Now there are alot of Republicans scrambling to distance themselves from Foley by donating to charity, the funds that Foley made to their campaigns.

It's not just Hastert that's in jeopardy, there are alot of people in jeopardy including those who are rushing to his defense. If I was a parent and heard my congressional representative try to defend him, I'd be hopping mad. When a conservative paper like the Washington Post prints an editorial like Tuesday's, you know the heat is on.

Conservative?  Do you mean the Washington Times?  (I haven't read the editorial you're referring to.) 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »
Conservative?  Do you mean the Washington Times?  (I haven't read the editorial you're referring to.) 

WP is fairly neutral and picks and chooses what to support on the editorial.

The news section however, is pretty much purely journalist and may be the best available in the USA and the world today.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
FOX news has hastert press conference in 3 minutes,

1 PM est scheduled

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »
FOX news has hastert press conference in 3 minutes,

1 PM est scheduled

If it's on FOX it must be a conspiracy ;D!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
today's repub polling data shows a potential 'catastrophic' effect on nov elections, if hastert is leader of the house.

he's falling on the grenade in this press conference.

i bet he quits.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »
If it's on FOX it must be a conspiracy ;D!

It pisses me off that a lot of those that pointed to the faults of FOX, and rightfully so, when Fox were spewing out Bush propaganda, now doesn't seem to mind the change of hearts over at FOX.

It's not that FOX all of a sudden decided to do real journalism, unbiased, investigative kind.

Murdoch just decided to spew their propaganda in favor of another guy, "Senator" Clinton.

It's bullshit regardless of what party that benefits.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »
I doubt this has a major impact on the November elections.  It sounds like the Democrats will gain ground in the Senate, but not take control.  Not sure what's going on in the House races, but I don't see people changing their votes in droves over this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2006, 10:32:03 AM »
I doubt this has a major impact on the November elections.  It sounds like the Democrats will gain ground in the Senate, but not take control.  Not sure what's going on in the House races, but I don't see people changing their votes in droves over this. 

no one is gonna change votes.  it's just that less repubs will turn out.  moderate/lazy repubs who vote when they feel passionate and stay home when they're disgusted - these people are the sway vote.  When repubs are energized, their people get off work and vote, and they win races.  When you have scandals like this, dems are a tad more energized to vote against them, but it's more of republicans just giving up for a bit, and skipping the polls.

LOL @ Hastert investigating himself with Louie Freeh of all people! hahahahahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2006, 10:38:20 AM »
no one is gonna change votes.  it's just that less repubs will turn out.  moderate/lazy repubs who vote when they feel passionate and stay home when they're disgusted - these people are the sway vote.  When repubs are energized, their people get off work and vote, and they win races.  When you have scandals like this, dems are a tad more energized to vote against them, but it's more of republicans just giving up for a bit, and skipping the polls.

LOL @ Hastert investigating himself with Louie Freeh of all people! hahahahahaha

The Democrat and Republican presidential candidates are going to pull about 40 percent of the vote regardless of who runs or what the issues are.  I think the "Reagan Democrats" and independents (like me) control elections at the national level.  Block voting is far more effective at the state and local levels.  Angry Democrats couldn't win the election the past two years, despite the fact Bush was a very weak candidate. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
The Democrat and Republican presidential candidates are going to pull about 40 percent of the vote regardless of who runs or what the issues are.  I think the "Reagan Democrats" and independents (like me) control elections at the national level.  Block voting is far more effective at the state and local levels.  Angry Democrats couldn't win the election the past two years, despite the Bush was a very weak candidate. 

But the repub candidates do not even want Bush's help this time around.

And the swing vote is certainly going to avoid repubs, between the war and the sex scandal.

bottom line, only the very naive or blindly obedient will tell you that they trust Bush at this point.  Seriously.  This isn't a liberal spew, it's a fact.  Very few people trust what the white hose says right now.  I don't think many repubs are going to vote this time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »
But the repub candidates do not even want Bush's help this time around.

And the swing vote is certainly going to avoid repubs, between the war and the sex scandal.

bottom line, only the very naive or blindly obedient will tell you that they trust Bush at this point.  Seriously.  This isn't a liberal spew, it's a fact.  Very few people trust what the white hose says right now.  I don't think many repubs are going to vote this time.

If that were true the Democrats would take over the Senate.  Latest projections I heard this morning is they will not.

The war issue couldn't win the White House for Democrats in 2004.  I doubt it wins it for them in 2008.  The Democrat party is still floundering.  Looks like Hillary will be the frontrunner in 08, which will equal another Republican president.  Those liberals never learn:  Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry . . . Hillary.  Sheesh.   

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
It pisses me off that a lot of those that pointed to the faults of FOX, and rightfully so, when Fox were spewing out Bush propaganda, now doesn't seem to mind the change of hearts over at FOX.

It's not that FOX all of a sudden decided to do real journalism, unbiased, investigative kind.

Murdoch just decided to spew their propaganda in favor of another guy, "Senator" Clinton.

It's bullshit regardless of what party that benefits.

YIP
Zack

They're fair and balanced!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2006, 11:10:09 AM »
If that were true the Democrats would take over the Senate.  Latest projections I heard this morning is they will not.

The war issue couldn't win the White House for Democrats in 2004.  I doubt it wins it for them in 2008.  The Democrat party is still floundering.  Looks like Hillary will be the frontrunner in 08, which will equal another Republican president.  Those liberals never learn:  Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry . . . Hillary.  Sheesh.   

First, be careful not to use the 2004 election as your benchmark - in ten years it will be common knowledge what happened in Ohio.  I'll be called a CT nut for mentioning it, but the programmer who changed the results passed an FBI polygraph saying he rigged it, then the WH squashed the investigation. 

The election in 04 was very close, and the country was still very pro-War.
By 08, if we're still losing 3-5 men a day, Bush would be the luckiest man on earth to have such a close race.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »
First, be careful not to use the 2004 election as your benchmark - in ten years it will be common knowledge what happened in Ohio.  I'll be called a CT nut for mentioning it, but the programmer who changed the results passed an FBI polygraph saying he rigged it, then the WH squashed the investigation. 

The election in 04 was very close, and the country was still very pro-War.
By 08, if we're still losing 3-5 men a day, Bush would be the luckiest man on earth to have such a close race.

The Ohio election results were rigged.   ???  240 it must suck to be you.  How do you juggle all those conspiracy theories?  Must be frustrating to be a voice in the wilderness. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2006, 07:02:54 PM »
The Ohio election results were rigged.   ???  240 it must suck to be you.  How do you juggle all those conspiracy theories?  Must be frustrating to be a voice in the wilderness. 

Don't count Michael Ruppert out yet. He might still have some fight left in him. Martrydom has a powerful effect.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »

Yes, that's what I mean't. You can read the editorial at

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20061002-102008-9058r.htm

or here:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=97501.msg1422456#msg1422456
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

A former congressional page has come forward to say that he had sex with Congressman Foley,
...and that the sexual relationship first started after Foley initiated flirtatious instant messages to him!  :o
w