Author Topic: Val Waugaman floats like a butterfly...  (Read 24353 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Val Waugaman floats like a butterfly...
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 09:21:20 AM »

I'll deal with the rest of you later. 

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »
I think she is an utterly gorgeous woman.  I know she was made fun of by other competitors for her unique style of posing, but I originally loved it.  What else can you do on that stage when you have only four military-style poses with which to work?  How else do you get known, talked about, remembered?
100%!!!!!!

Sandra Wickham

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »
You're an idiot.

You should be thankful she's willing to explore outside the box.

Valerie is the best there ever is or will be.  Period. 

Tre, you're the best..............

and I agree Valerie is a beautiful competitor!!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 09:41:19 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »
You're an idiot.

The Regal One exists on a level of athletic perfection that you simply are not able to understand.

Even when she does just "get up there and turn around 4 times", her movements are so fluid that she alone makes the event worth watching.

They're talking about Val, because she's the freshest breath of air the IFBB has seen since Elaine's arrival on the scene. 

She is pure perfection.

They are completely separate parts of the whole. 

Her conditioning is fine. 

I'll deal with the rest of you later. 

Tre my brother, I think you are close to having a meltdown :D

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 11:20:20 AM »
The Regal One exists on a level of athletic perfection that you simply are not able to understand.
She is pure perfection.
OK, Tre.  ::)

You're my boy Tre, but what we've witnessed is known on getbig as an *Epic Meltdown*  :D

As far as the one-piece commentary, I have the easiest of solutions. DROP THE ONE-PIECE ROUND. A complete and utter waste of time to talk of the shape and cut of a ridiculously over-priced one-piece suit. Let's comment on the physique and presentation, please.
Lee

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »
totally agree... one piece is bogus.. there must be  a suit makers lobby pushing for it

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
Tre my brother, I think you are close to having a meltdown :D

Not at all.

I'm not saying that everyone has to sing her praises, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read some of the clown commentary here on GetBig. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »

;) Thanks, Sandra!  *kiss*

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »
OK, Tre.  ::)

You're my boy Tre, but what we've witnessed is known on getbig as an *Epic Meltdown*  :D

As far as the one-piece commentary, I have the easiest of solutions. DROP THE ONE-PIECE ROUND. A complete and utter waste of time to talk of the shape and cut of a ridiculously over-priced one-piece suit. Let's comment on the physique and presentation, please.

You're 100% correct about the worthlessness of the 'one-piece round'. 

While I agree with the basic premise that decent-looking suits are a part of the overall presentation, Val could stand there in a hand-carved Hefty bag and put most of the competition to shame. 

I hope that she will continue to design her own suits. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »
You're an idiot.

Idiot? Come on Tre you can do better then that.

I should be thankful? Oh brother.

Remove your schmoe shades and take a look at it for what it is. She showed up out of shape and at the end of the day that is really what the show is about. I applaud her free spirit but there is a time and a place, the olympia stage was not it.

Elevate Your Image.™

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »
Boys.. lets keep the name calling down..

sunbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 08:18:32 PM »
While her suit may not have been the best choice, her physique and looks are wonderful and she appears to be a creative, intelligent woman who thinks outside the box. Some of the other women look like cookie cutters.... 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
I don't think many people will disagree that Val is a beautiful woman. She has some of the best genetics to grace the figure stage and when she is on she looks incredible. That's never been the issue. She was clearly off in her Olympia prep, which she was as well at the Arnold. We saw her put it together in Colorado and she beat the now reigning Ms. Figure Olympia champ, Jenny Lynn. Again her physique when on is not the issue.
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 11:37:52 PM »
Idiot? Come on Tre you can do better then that.

I should be thankful? Oh brother.

Remove your schmoe shades and take a look at it for what it is. She showed up out of shape and at the end of the day that is really what the show is about. I applaud her free spirit but there is a time and a place, the olympia stage was not it.

Of course I could do better, but for the sake of expediency, I kept it simple. 

At least you're finally applauding something about The Regal One, meaning that you're on the road to recovery. 

It would be inappropriate for an IFBB professional to disgrace the Olympia stage, there's no question about that.  But for Val to take the pageant up to a new place it's never been before...this is such an opportunity for you guys to realize what the future can be.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »
Boys.. lets keep the name calling down..

I keep it nothing if not real.

If the _____s are going to suggest that Val was 'high on drugs' (even in jest), then I'm certainly going to slap them around a bit...and deservedly so. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2006, 12:46:44 AM »

If the _____s are going to suggest that Val was 'high on drugs' (even in jest), then I'm certainly going to slap them around a bit...and deservedly so. 
It was a question that EVERY ONE asked when Val's "performance" was brought up. This includes photographers, writers, many MANY fellow competitors and fans that saw the show.

I know you're a Waugamaniac and all but when we did the video interview we asked the questions every one was talking about at the show. That's keeping it real.  ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2006, 12:51:19 AM »

It would be inappropriate for an IFBB professional to disgrace the Olympia stage, there's no question about that.  But for Val to take the pageant up to a new place it's never been before...this is such an opportunity for you guys to realize what the future can be.
Since we're keeping it real here. Did you mean it WOULD BE or IT WAS?

"taking it up to a new place" is a matter of opinion. The "future can be"? The future of what... Creative figure posing?  ::)

I do enjoy the fact that figure is finally being talked about and it did make for a fun and interesting show but the vibe from 99% of the people viewed it as a circus side show.

Elevate Your Image.™

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2006, 12:58:56 AM »
     I had to sit on this one overnight to figure out what truly bothered me about Val’s behavior this weekend. It was not that she goes to the beat of a different drum; God only knows Barbie dances to her own band.  From what I watched and listened to, the issues did not start when she stepped on that stage, but when she stepped off the plane. Val acted from the jump like she and only she would be the next Ms. Figure Olympia and consequently everyone should act accordingly.  Her behavior towards the other women was disrespectful and rude in her presumption of grandeur. I think she let the shmoe worship (hmmm, why does the name Tre keep ringing through my mind) go to her head and inflate it to a point that she was ready to float away. Even before prejudging I was debating sending a piece of raw meat and thick concealer to her room because I was sure by the end of the night one of the other women were going to pop her in the eye.  Even the normally sweet girls were plotting to put glue in her bikini-bite. By press time she was on a role. I think she misread the schedule and thought it was her private press conference. You do not as a rookie (yes, in the scheme of things she is a rookie) grab the microphone and start talking about how you are going to redefine things and take them to a new level. Particularly, do not do this if you are directionally challenged and do not know which direction is up. You absolutely do not do this if you are stepping onto the stage in the condition she was in.
     OMG, prejudging!!!! At first I felt sad watching her self destruct. I have been in her corner since the first time I saw her on the stage. She does have superior genetics, but it takes more than good genes to truly be a Pro with a capital P. She was not “high on life” she was high on an ego trip. To be “high on life” would mean that she had some inclination that others existed on this planet besides her. That stage was hot and there were gazillion (ok, only twenty something) competitors on that stage.  She took forever strutting her stuff! By the end of the judging I was ready to hand her a pole and tell her the real money is across the street. 
     IMO it is true that Figure quarter turns are boring. IMO it is also true that there could be a more graceful creative approach to display the beauty and definition of the muscle these women should have.  If the IFBB would have some cohunes (whoops, I mean clarity) and admit that figure women should have muscle definition (instead of the bikini babe crap) maybe then they could help in establishing a consistent yet creative way of doing this.  If this is what Val was trying to drive home on the stage her approach to it was that of a self engrossed, naive know it all teenagers. 
     Well, as my grandma (or maybe it was some twelve-step program or maybe it was my bartender) used to say, “This too will pass”.  For Val I hope it does.  In my heart I believe Val is a good person who got caught up into the egotistical silliness and insanity that this industry can dive people to.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2006, 03:00:47 AM »
     I had to sit on this one overnight to figure out what truly bothered me about Val’s behavior this weekend. It was not that she goes to the beat of a different drum; God only knows Barbie dances to her own band.  From what I watched and listened to, the issues did not start when she stepped on that stage, but when she stepped off the plane. Val acted from the jump like she and only she would be the next Ms. Figure Olympia and consequently everyone should act accordingly.  Her behavior towards the other women was disrespectful and rude in her presumption of grandeur. I think she let the shmoe worship (hmmm, why does the name Tre keep ringing through my mind) go to her head and inflate it to a point that she was ready to float away. Even before prejudging I was debating sending a piece of raw meat and thick concealer to her room because I was sure by the end of the night one of the other women were going to pop her in the eye.  Even the normally sweet girls were plotting to put glue in her bikini-bite. By press time she was on a role. I think she misread the schedule and thought it was her private press conference. You do not as a rookie (yes, in the scheme of things she is a rookie) grab the microphone and start talking about how you are going to redefine things and take them to a new level. Particularly, do not do this if you are directionally challenged and do not know which direction is up. You absolutely do not do this if you are stepping onto the stage in the condition she was in.
     OMG, prejudging!!!! At first I felt sad watching her self destruct. I have been in her corner since the first time I saw her on the stage. She does have superior genetics, but it takes more than good genes to truly be a Pro with a capital P. She was not “high on life” she was high on an ego trip. To be “high on life” would mean that she had some inclination that others existed on this planet besides her. That stage was hot and there were gazillion (ok, only twenty something) competitors on that stage.  She took forever strutting her stuff! By the end of the judging I was ready to hand her a pole and tell her the real money is across the street.       IMO it is true that Figure quarter turns are boring. IMO it is also true that there could be a more graceful creative approach to display the beauty and definition of the muscle these women should have.  If the IFBB would have some cohunes (whoops, I mean clarity) and admit that figure women should have muscle definition (instead of the bikini babe crap) maybe then they could help in establishing a consistent yet creative way of doing this.  If this is what Val was trying to drive home on the stage her approach to it was that of a self engrossed, naive know it all teenagers. 
     Well, as my grandma (or maybe it was some twelve-step program or maybe it was my bartender) used to say, “This too will pass”.  For Val I hope it does.  In my heart I believe Val is a good person who got caught up into the egotistical silliness and insanity that this industry can dive people to.
Some good points, but a little harsh. Especially the sentence I put in bold. You women can be so catty and nasty to each other sometimes! LOL Maybe it is a case of ego run amok with Val...I dunno. Fan adulation can make some people lose perspective on reality.

do enjoy the fact that figure is finally being talked about and it did make for a fun and interesting show but the vibe from 99% of the people viewed it as a circus side show.
Ehh...that likely has nothing to do with Valerie. Most people in attendance at shows "claim" not to respect figure.
Lee

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2006, 03:13:26 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2006, 04:50:35 AM »

Tre, you are my mate and all, but if one is going talk to themselves onstage in front of zillion of people than it does create that perception.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2006, 11:53:19 AM »
Tre, you are my mate and all, but if one is going talk to themselves onstage in front of zillion of people than it does create that perception.

Awww...*kiss* ;)   

I'm just so glad that she's not like all the others. 

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »
This has been an intreguing thread.  Can somebody post a short clip of Val's interesting quarter turns?

Thanks in advance.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2006, 02:30:21 PM »
This has been an intreguing thread.  Can somebody post a short clip of Val's interesting quarter turns?

Thanks in advance.
I'm working on the video interview of her demonstrating it in the Expo and answering questions related to it.

It should be interesting to see her "Two minute Figure Routine" this weekend at the West Palm Beach show.

Elevate Your Image.™