Author Topic: Pics of Matt C.  (Read 91178 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Pics of Matt C.
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »
what are your bench tips?

E
E

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
what are your bench tips?

E

Here it is:

OK !  ;D

Mon entraineur suit beaucoup d'athlete et beaucoup ont ton probleme: Épaules beaucoup trop fortes pour le chest

Alors quand tu fais ton press, recule toujours tes épaules vers l'arrière ( tes homoplates doivent etre collées)
meme quand tu pousses, tes épaules doivent toujours rester reculer.
tu dois aussi archer ton dos

Essaie de suivre un tempo de 3-1-2 sur chaque exercise de chest

Je te conseil aussi d'arreter totalement d'entrainer tes épaules sauf pour les élévations latéral et les trucs comme ca
aucun "press" dans les entrainements d'épaules

il a commencé a m'entrainer tres récement et je vois deja des tres gros progrès sur mon "upper-chest". avant la tension etait toujours sur les épaules

Just try it, you have nothing to lose at all  ;)

Some good info here!!  Same with other info posted in this thread.  Basically Stavios is saying to keep the delts back and arch the back slightly while doing bench presses to keep the delts out of play and focus on chest.  It is true that my delts are nearly as strong as my chest on pressing movements which leads me to believe they are coming to play more than anything.  In fact, I think my delts only developed as they did because I was so gung ho about developing my chest that I did a lot of pressing movements and ended up getting more delt pressing power out of that than anything.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »
These are new pictures of me from today.  This was after a shoulders workout, so my shoulders were pumped, but not the rest of me.  I was going to get some chest shots up of me on Monday but my training partner was in Quebec for the Iron Maiden concert.  I will have some up next Monday.  By then you will realize why I've been weary of posting chest shots.  :-\

Attached is also a picture of my training partner Peter.  I wouldn't call him natural since he did superdrol once, but he got off it pretty quickly, and that was a long time ago so he is totally clean now.  This dude is damn strong, although I beat him on pressing movements.

I'm holding 190-195 depending on the time of day and how much fluid/food is in me, etc.  The flash is on in the first picture here:
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »
you look like you got one caught in that last pic. hahaha but other than that you look good.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 08:19:28 AM »
some huge shoulders on Matt.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »
Matt C you should try hitting your Lats more often to balance our your back. Stricker motions and more isolation
They call me Jaejonna!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
sick shoulders!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 01:17:11 PM »
looking good matt
choice is an illusion

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 04:41:47 PM »
Here is my chest workout for today:

Flat bench

135 - 15
185 - 15
225 - 15 (to failure)
245 - 9
265 - 5

Incline dumbbell press with palms facing together

30s - 15
60s - 15
75s - 10
75s - 11

Machine flyes

105 - 15
150 - 15
180 - 10

I superset the machine flyes with some pushdowns for triceps.  After that I fooled around with some dumbbells to keep the blood flowing in the triceps and chest.  The reps above were the reps I completed on my own - full reps and tip top form.  For the flat bench I did some assisted reps too but didn't want to write the total number of reps since the numbers above reflect all the unassisted reps I did.  I tend to have problems with lactic acid when working shoulders, specifically any lateral raise movements, and also chest to a lesser degree.  It still hinders my workouts though.  Somebody said drinking baking soda will help flush the lactic acid out.  I haven't looked into it yet.  Unfortunately my training partner had to cut the workout short due to midterms or else I would have added a few more sets in.  I can do 300 for full, clean reps on a good day.  Hard to say how many - depends on the day.  This was my second chest workout this week and it was kind of on the fly so I didn't bring my camera in - I'll have some pics on Monday.  My chest looks terrible though, definitely not looking like the chest of somebody who can bench a good 325.  You guys might think my back is poor but my chest looks like a sunken treasure.  It's sad.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »
post a pic of this "sunken treasure" already

E
E

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:36 PM »
post a pic of this "sunken treasure" already

E

Monday I will (next chest day).  I will need to post a clip up too because it doesn't look as bad when my chest is actually flexed.  Standing relaxed you wouldn't even know my chest is there.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

stefanogym

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:38 AM »
you need to balance your work for external rotator, compared to what you do for chest and latissimi.
take a look to your hands when you are relaxed... they are internally rotated..that means there is an unbalance...it must be corrected to add functionality and beauty to your phisique :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »
stefanogym - great advice!!!

Am I bigger than Tom Prince?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Stavios

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2006, 12:34:40 PM »
Here it is:

Some good info here!!  Same with other info posted in this thread.  Basically Stavios is saying to keep the delts back and arch the back slightly while doing bench presses to keep the delts out of play and focus on chest.  It is true that my delts are nearly as strong as my chest on pressing movements which leads me to believe they are coming to play more than anything.  In fact, I think my delts only developed as they did because I was so gung ho about developing my chest that I did a lot of pressing movements and ended up getting more delt pressing power out of that than anything.

Yes !!!!

you should do it while doing biceps too !

I'm telling you they would grow like weed as I am pretty sure your shoulders are doing all the work in both your chest and biceps movements

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »
Thanks Stavios!!

Tomorrow I will post some clips on youtube of me bench pressing 225.  Hopefully I will be able to get at least 15 tomorrow since that's what I got on Thursday.  I'm going to do that set using my normal form just to get as many reps as possible.  I'll use your technique for my other sets though.

Here are a couple more pictures from yesterday (no pump).  My chest is 44" and my arms are 16" cold flexed.  I am 195ish and as you can see, the outline of my abs and serratus is in.

TA says I have 40 pounds of fat and water to lose.

Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Stavios

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »
no more than 25 pounds

don't see your legs tho but I'd say you ha ve between 20 and 25 pounds of fat and water to lose

hard to say with pictures

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »
no more than 25 pounds

don't see your legs tho but I'd say you ha ve between 20 and 25 pounds of fat and water to lose

hard to say with pictures

My legs are small and smooth.  :-X  I will take some pics in better lighting as you can see some small degree of separation in them under good lights.  They are 25".  I squat in the 300-400 range for good deep reps to parallel or below for my working sets.  I HATE to train legs.  I look forward to every other workout except for legs.

Can somebody photoshop some inner thigh development for me?  ;D

Seriously, I would like to see what my legs would look like if I had stronger inner thighs...
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
the legs are pretty good Matt, there is good teardrop development and good sweep, looking impressive all the way around good job.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2006, 09:06:02 PM »
yeah usually people have weak sweep, not the other way around lol

My legs are a little like Mike Arvilla's, they are long so it takes time to build a good sweep

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2006, 09:21:56 PM »
Damn, I got the same problem with my legs. I do Squat pretty close stanced so that might explain it. Definitely switching over to wider stanced squats for my next routine.
follow the arrows

Stavios

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »
I like Matt's shoulders, they are awesome

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »
homo
follow the arrows

Stavios

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04:29 PM »
you seem pretty jealous of Matt's shoulder developement Haider  :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »
Thanks guys for all the good words.  As for the bad words - to be honest, it really puts things into perspective for me.  You have to understand that I spend most of my time around people ages 19-24 and to them I'm a big and ripped guy.  Compared to some on here I'm nothing.  This thread really opened my eyes to my weaknesses.  It made me realize I have a lot of areas to bring up.  Although I always knew that, putting it out in the open was a different experience for me.

But bodybuilding is all about improvements right?

Here is a clip of me bench pressing 225 for 16 reps all the way to the chest.  I'll upload more clips as time goes by.  I would like to hit 225 for 20.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:21 PM »
tomr1976 - basically I've always done workouts similar to the one I posted above.  Just hard and heavy on very basic exercises.  I think I've always trained chest a little harder than anything else because I've always wanted a chest more than anything - with no luck.

I'll take your advice.  I've been taking a lot of advice in this thread.  Anything to give me an edge!!
Bodybuilding Pro.com