These are the IFBB's beliefs of their organization. Ben Weider, C.M., Ph.D.
is the International President. Ben Wieder and Joe Weider were co-founders
of the IFBB.
- We believe in total physical fitness, mental as well as physical, and are
convinced that the best citizens are produced by educating the whole man.
- We believe that total physical fitness can best be obtained through good
health habits, adequate nutrition and planned systematic physical exercise.
- We believe that sports and games of all kinds can contribute greatly
to the total fitness of those who participate. Especially important
is the vigorous training which precedes successful participation.
- We believe in the use of modern, scientific methods of training to
produce the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
- We believe in total fitness for all, but are convinced that properly
supervised competitive athletic activities have an important place in
- We believe that our athletes should be given every opportunity to develop
their potential to the limit, not only for personal satisfaction and
national prestige, but also to serve as stirring examples to others.
- We believe that with increasing automation the need for exercise becomes
steadily greater and the role of the coach and physical educator even
- We believe that progressive resistance exercise involving gradually
increasing work-loads is absolutely essential for the development
of muscular growth.
- We believe that a vigorous 'strength building' and 'endurance building'
program is necessary to increase the efficiency of the cardio vascular
system and hence improve overall physical fitness.
- We believe that only through regular, planned, purposeful practice
is it possible to develop a high degree of neuro muscular skill.
- We believe in the development of a well-muscled, symmetrical physique
along with all of the attributes mentioned above, not only to achieve
success on the athletic field but also to enable the individual to meet
the varying demands of everyday life.
- In sport, there are no limitations, no barriers of race, religion, politics or culture. In sport, we are in touch with each other.
BODYBUILDING IS IMPORTANT FOR NATION BUILDING