For more information, call (800) 521-0303
With Ronald Cziurlok posing on the cover of the August Flex Magazine, Flex is still the king of the hardcore bodybuilding magazines. Flex's new section titled Drug World combats all of the misinformation floating around as fact on cyberspace and in other publications, and brings you the truth! Other interesting items include Errica Kern / Mellisa Coates pictorial, Charles Clairmonte Information File, and how to build your delts, your biceps, your quads, and your triceps!
Flex Magazine considers themselves the bible of hardcore bodybuilding. Each month, Flex visits and speaks with the champions of bodybuilding at their gyms, at contests, and at their homes, gathering information and photographs, Flex brings you their latest strategies, and the competitive goals that they apply to further develop their title-winning physiques. Flex is the official magazine of the IFBB.
August 1996 - Table of Contests
- Deltoid Dynamite: Check out these three explosive ways to build heavy duty shoulder mass; you'll pack on quality size in as little as six weeks of consistent training. By Flex Wheeler
- Biceps Blasters: A provocative peek into peaking strategies for building worldclass arms. It;s a no brainer: If you want your biceps to grow in a hurry, keep all the tension and concentration on the working muscle. By Chirs Cormier.
- Intense Triceps Trash: Forget all the senseless garbage you hear in the gym about getting freaky and stay focused on prodding those horseshoes out of hiding. The solution to this triceps building quandary is as basic as selecting two mass builders and one isolation exercise. By Kevin Levrone.
- Fried Hams and Legs: Slow cook your quads and hamstrings until they're begging for mercy - and then fry them some more! Explore the tantalizing recipes of a four time Olympia champion, whose credo - simply stated - is that persistence and the sheer force of will are the principal components of self improvement. By Dorian Yates.
- A Fab Fuxin Philosophy: Learn how this Swiss leviathan added 20 pounds of new muscle mass to scare the shit out of the world's top bodybuilders. Heavy weights, strict form and old school periodization are his meat, and there's plenty of lean beef to go around. By Jean-Pierre Fux, as told to Jerry Brainum.
- The Six Week Powerlifting Alternative: Take a total brake from your routine with this primer on getting thicker. Give it a try and you'll achieve tremendous gains in thickness and muscularity in a minimum amount of time. By Michael Francois.
- How to get H.U.G.E.: Part Seven: The ultimate growth enhancement system for hardgainers. This month: nutritional boosters that target stimulation, growth and recovery.
- The Big Picture: The Charles Clairmonte File!
- Caribe Bound: Lee Labrada's amazing journey to St. Lucia in pursuit of the ultimate birthday bash.
- Roland Cziurlok: The ripped to the bone muscularity of this blond superman must be seen to be believed!
- Hot Ice! Errica Kern and Melissa Coates spread their ample warmth across Iceland's arctic glacial plains and wind driven obsidian earth.
- Chestbusters: Lee Priest and Patrick Lynn join forces to present a quick fix guide to solving all of your pesky pec building problems.
- Brave New Drug World: To combat all the misinformation being promoted as fact in other publications and floating around in cyberspace, Flex has enlisted the finest scientists and researchers to bring the truth to its readers. This is not a bible of drug usage; rather, it is a service to help readers make intelligent decisions and stay up to date on the latest in cutting edge research.
- This month: Out of Control, one man's 15 year roller coaster ride on anabolic steroids; an array Q&A discussing yohimbine and injection infections; steroids and cardiovascular disease; and the link between growth hormone, IGF-1 and exercise.
- Melissa Coates & Ericca Kern
- Roland Cziurlok
- Advanced Nutrition: This month: Fat and cortisol, faster fat loss, protein and carbohydrate synergy, and taking the shine off chromium.
- Ten Tops Ten Days Out: What every competitor needs to know to dial it in!
Grab Shots / Special Insert
- Grab Shots: Frozen Moments: Members of muscledom caught in the act.
- Special Insert: Preventing Rotator Cuff Injuries with Captain Anabolic.
- Flex 'n' Femme
- Hangin' Out
- Hard Times
- IFBB World Report
- Mr. Olympia corner
- Ms. Olympia corner
- NPC Report
- Photo Ops
- Reader's Market
- Talent Roundup
- Ten Years Ago in Flex