For more information, call (800) 521-0303
Twenty eight pages of female bodybuilders and fitness competitors in lingerie! All done quite classy. Other interesting articles include how new evidence shows glutamine as a catabolic agent, Ian Harrison info, Sally McNeil jailhouse interview, and how Craig Titus finally got his pro card. The competitor on the cover is Cory Everson. six time Ms. Olympia.
Flex Magazine considers themselves the bible of hardcore bodybuilding. Each month, Flex visits and speaks with the champions of bodybuilding at their gyms, at contests, and at their homes, gathering information and photographs, Flex brings you their latest strategies, and the competitive goals that they apply to further develop their title-winning physiques. Flex is the official magazine of the IFBB.
October 1996 - Table of Contents
- The 70% Secret: Radical Back: A max back does not come from max weight; use only 70% of your maximum poundage but concentrate 100% on the muscle to improve the width, thickness and sweep of your lats. By Roland Cziurlok
Attack of the Crazed Leg Killers: In the endless search for freaky mass, the path of least resistance is to be avoided at all costs. Pack on size with a little help from the 'fantastic four' of leg killers, a gang of leg trashing thugs that will quench your bloodlust for mass. By Flex Wheeler.
- Bloody Thursday: The guts and gore flow freely in this shoulder session from hell - it's more of an Indiana Jones workout than a Sunday picnic, but it works. It really works. By Ronnie Coleman.
- Dorian Does Deads: Experience the pain and pleasure of a seminar with Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates. Our reigning king of beef takes you step by step through one rep of a deadlift - grunts and groans included - to help you add thickness to your hamstrings. Don't interrupt the teacher with any stupid questions, or he might just drop the bar on your skill By Dorian Yates
- Shocking Calves! Diamond cutting strategies for precontest training and fine tuning. Compound sets and two basic exercises are all you need. By Mike Matarazzo.
- How to get H.U.G.E. Part 9: The ultimate growth enhancement system for hardgainers. This month: a power routine for mass building that will take your training, as well as your physique, to the next level.
- Hardbody Softwear: Yes, here it is, Flex's first ever lingerie issue. The hottest hardbodies in the hottest outfits you've ever seen! And with 28 pages of white hot photos, there is literally something for everyone in this smorgasbord of leather and lace.
- These Boots are Made for Kicking... Butt! Don Long sidesteps the '96 Mr. Olympia to kick some major ass at the 1997 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic, A word to the wise. Don't mess around with Don's white boots!
- Unique Biceps Blasters with Captain Anabolic
- Brave New Drug World: To combat all the misinformation being promoted as fact in other publications and floating around in cyberspace on the Internet, Flex has enlisted the finest scientists and researchers to bring the truth to its readers. This is not a bible of drug usage; rather, it is a service to help readers make intelligent decisions and staying up to date on the vanguard of cutting edge research.
- This month: A new study disproves the myth of 'roid rage'; a candid conversation with former IFBB Mike Christian about his concerns in the megadose world of '90s bodybuilding; the latest theory on the tragic death of Andreas Munzer; and an Array Q&A, with our nutrition and drug guru, Philip Goglia, on the pros and cons of Halotestin.
- NPC USA: Independence Day: Craig Titus liberates himself from his demands - and Tom Prince - to take the USA crown and earn his pro card. Also, in depth sidebars on each weight class.
- Advanced Nutrition: This month: Insulin increases and glucose; the dope on chromium; carb intake and the preworkout meal; plus startling new evidence on glutamine as an anticatabolic agent.
- Building the basic diet: A tried and true nutritional blueprint for adding muscle mass without increasing bodyfat.
Contests / Features
- The Big Picture: Ian Harrison File!
- Till Death do us Part: Jailhouse interview with convicted murderer and former competitive bodybuilder Sally McNeil. Caution: Strong Language, discretion advised!
- Poster: Sharon Bruneau / Amy Fadhli
- Flex 'n' Femme
- Hangin' Out
- Hard Times
- IFBB World Report
- Mr. Olympia corner
- Ms. Olympia corner
- NPC Report
- Photo Ops
- Reader's Market
- Talent Roundup
- Ten Years Ago in Flex