For more information, call (800) 570-IRON
December 1996 issue
Mike Christian's heart-felt story about his life, drugs, and bodybuilding is excellent reading. So are the pictures and story of Ahmo Hight, who is in extremely excellent shape! Also, a review on Mike Mentzer's new book, who claims that a 15 minute workout every four days can get you awesome size and strength. Also, Mg (do you remember what is stands for?) is an important part of the bodybuilder's diet.
Since 1936, Ironman Magazine has been the magazine for bodybuilders. Each issue provides insights into bodybuilding, from nutrition, to lots of training info, to profiles on the men and women who make up the bodybuilding and fitness world. It also contains excellent pictures and information on almost anything you need.
December 1996 Table of Contents
- Exercise of the Month: Seated Dumbbell Presses
- Ironmind: Grow with the Flow
- Inside Bodybuilding: Jeff Poulin
- Lean & Clean: How Many Calories?
- How to Muscles Get Bigger?
- Pure Donkeys: The no bull secret to full, wide calves. If you want lower legs that beg for bell bottom pants to come back in style, check out this article. Vascular inverted hearts perched ominously behind your knees are what you'll get after you apply this eye opening, calf building technique.
- Bench Press Power: The bench press is everybody's number one strength guage, which means you need a bad ass bench poundage to get respect. Here are all the tips and tricks you need to power up heavy iron, info that may have you adding 50 pounds to the bar in only a few workouts.
- Only the Strong Shall Survive: The Heavy, Medium and Light System
- POF: Weird Science
- Hardcore Training: Cathy LeFrancois' Back
- Fundamentals: Myths about Weight Training, Part 2
- Muscle Coach: Chest Size
- Bodybuilding Basics
- Serious Growth: Do you know Squat?
- Hardgainer: Life Beyond the Big Three
- Upside Down Bodybuilding: Outright Hard Work
- Home Grown: Soleus Sabotage
- Anabolic Forum: High Tech Supplementation
- Bodybuilding Basics:
- Editorial: A clear view of the future: by John Balik
- Hot Shots: Candid Photos
- Interactive Bodybuilding:
- Marketplace / Main Events
- News & Views
- Pump & Circumstance
- Practical Nutrition: High Fats Diets and Male Aggression
- Readers Write: Letters to the Editor
- Reviews: Heavy Duty II, Dinosaur Training, More Muscle
Nutrition / Profiles
- Born Again Christian: Mike Christian's story on life, drugs, and his world.
- Fitness Profile: Ahmo Hight: With weight training for women growing by leaps and bounds, fitness competitors like Ahmo Hight are in demand. Ruth Silverman takes a look at this popular athlete and model, who at one time was a promising gymnast coached by Bela Karolyi.
- Breaking Research
- Magnesium: The studies are in, and if you are interested in upping your size and strength, start taking this mineral immediately.
Insight / Contests
- IFBB Pro World Fitness Championships
- NPC USA Fitness Championships
- IFBB Florida Pro Fitness Championships
- NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships
- The State of Competitive Bodybuilding, Part 2: