For more information, call (800) 570-IRON
The April 1997 issue features interesting articles, including 10 exercises to turn into 10 mega mass booster rockets. Also, Ted Arcidi's world record bench press secrets revealed, and Greg Kovac's, the biggest chest in bodybuilding. Bodybuilder Frank Sepe and Fitness model Monica Brant appear on this months cover.
Since 1936, Ironman Magazine has been the magazine for bodybuilders. Each issue provides insights into bodybuilding, from nutrition, to lots of training info, to profiles on the men and women who make up the bodybuilding and fitness world. It also contains excellent pictures and information on almost anything you need.
April 1997 - Table of Contents
- Ageless Athlete: Reaching another level
- Big Bench: Ted Arcidi's Bench Press Secrets
- Biggest Chest in Bodybuilding: Greg Kovacs is closing in on 300 pounds of raw muscle, and his humongous chest is a vast array of mind blowing striations and solid slabs of beef. How did he build such ponderous pecs? All of his techniques are here, including his complete pec-pounding program.
- Exercise of the Month: Pullups
- Hardcore Training: Edgar Fletcher's Biceps
- Home Grown: Wider Wings without Pulldowns?
- Inside Bodybuilding: Aaron Baker
- Ironmind: Repeat for Defeat
- Ironteen: Curse of the Tall Man
- Muscle Coach: Periodization, Part 2
- Only the Strong Shall Survive: Overtraining
- Q&A: Don't let a layoff get you down
- Sportsmedicine: Training to Failure
- Static Contraction Research Study: Would you believe 28 pounds of muscle in 10 weeks from merely holding a weight and contracting the target muscle? It happened. Here's how.
- Ten Mega Mass Boosters: Pack on more size per set with these technique tweaks. They can make some movements 20 times more effective.
- Terrifying Traps: If you're after a most muscular pose that scares the hell out of people, trap specialization is the key. Here are three routines that will freak out your trap muscles and have them up near your ears when you hit your favorite crab shot.
- Upside down bodybuilding: Extremely Slow Repetitions
- Sleep and the Anabolic Process
- Ciwujia: Fat Burning Herb
- Fitness Profile: Brandi Hale
- My First Half Century in the Iron Game: by Arthur Jones
- State of Competitive Bodybuilding, Part 6
- NPC National Championships
- Editorial: by John Balik
- Hot Shots: Candid Photos
- News & Views
- POF: High Fat Diet
- Pump & Circumstances
- Practical Nutrition: Glycine and Growth Hormone Release
- Reader's Write
- Reviews: Kevin Levrone is Full Blown
- Reviews: Creatine: Nature's Muscle Builder
- Survey: 100 Free Subscriptions: You can win!