Men's Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 998-0731
With a special section on Hiking, October's Men's Fitness promises to be an exciting issue. Other articles include naked hiking (yes, naked), a gut melting, belly blasting workout, info on the energy bar wars. The model on the cover is Shawn Pereira.
Men's Fitness is dedicated to the man who likes to stay in shape. It contains articles on training, health, nutrition, and sports related recreation. This magazine is for the man who keeps in shape and likes to read about fitness related adventures and articles.
October 1996 Table of Contents
Fitness & Exercise
- Ball Busting Abs: After you use a medicine ball to develop your midsection, all other ab exercises will be easy.
- The Better Calf: Put a little meat on those calves that look like hiccups in a garden house.
- Follow Me, Boys - Er, men: Think boot camp is tough? Try being a drill sergeant and staying ahead of the 18 year olds, then.
- Training Extra: Crunches that work, knee friendly squats, info on shinsplints and more.
- Success Story: While his friends priced cemetery plots, this reader was doing deadlifts.
- Social Circuit: Want to improve strength and cardiovascular fitness and get out of the gym fast? This workout will work for you.
- Athletes' Feet: Your feet have to withstand tons of pressure every day. How to treat them right.
- Health Extra: Important news about leaky condoms, gum disease, a better insulin and more.
- The Body in Balance: Bodywork promises to reconstruct what gravity tears down. Our man actually tried Rolfing, Pilates, Hellerwork and the rest.
- A Bright Future: Fourteen things you can do now to keep your mind sharp for later.
- Longevity Extra: Survive a heart attack, live a long, altruistic life, protect your prostate and more.
Special Outdoor Section: Hike Society
- Trail Mix: From the aquatic majesty of Yosemite Falls to the otherwordly wonder of a Hawaiian volcano, 10 great hikes.
- Anatomy of a Hiker: it's going to be cold. And Hot. And Wet. Here's what to wear out there.
- Power Boots: With our selection of light hikers, sport hikers and heavy hikers, you dogs are covered.
- Also: Hike naked... take your dog on the trail... don't be afraid of the dark (or weird strangers), and more..
Appearance & Money
- Dressing Down: The best in office casual... without going to far.
- The Wheel Deal: What you need to know about buying, leasing and owning a car.
Food & Nutrition
- Bar Wars: The trail to good energy bars can lead to an unpleasant taste. Here's a map.
- Nutrition Extra: More nutrition from veggies, safe microwaving, 'light' dark beer and more.
- Revamp your diet: Are you really eating right? Here's how to find out... and what to do about it if you're not.
Behavior & Sexuality
- Choke Hold: How to make the big catch when life throws you a ball.
- Mind Extra: Whom to call for depression, how to chill out, ways to turn on your mate and more.
- Betrayed: If your wife or girlfriend were cheating on you, would you know? What would you do?
- Blue Bowling Balls: They told him to ice up after his vasectomy. No way was he not going to listen.
- Good luck: It takes more than a rabbit's foot to enjoy good fortune. You have to play your cards right.
Sports & Gear
- Technology: Use a $12 billion array of military satellites to find your way around the planet.
- Shoot to Thrill: Seven point and shoot cameras designed to see action.
- The Sports Pages: The ball in jai alai is rockhard and goes 150 mph. Oh, it makes a really cool sound, too. Plus, fancy footwork, ankle sprains and more.