- FUTURE SHOCK
How will the human machine evolve in the next millennium? Fasten your seat belt as top experts speculate on what the future holds for the active body, from viruses that grow muscle and workout gear that 'thinks' to synthetic tissue that comes alive in your body. By Jeff O'Connell.
- 2010: A GYM ODYSSEY
A science fiction adventure into the high tech gym of the 21st century. By Chris Street, MS, CSCS.
- STONE COLD PIC
Pec training with Jeramy Freeman, the warm hearted up and comer from the icy environs of upstate New York. By Lara McGlashan.
- M&F'S COMPLETE GUIDE TO DEADLIFTS
Time to get serious about your training. Here is how to do the basic deadlift, and six variations, correctly. By Thomas Incledon, and Lori Gross.
- ARM & GLAMOUR
Lena Johannensen trains the bi's and tri's that give her two of the shapeliest arms in fitness. By Jeff O'Connell.
- U.L.T.R.A. SYSTEM
Our yearlong training program enters month eight with some serious strength training. By Christopher M. Lockwood, with Chris Aceto.
- FULL BLOWN ABS
A perennial top-five Mr. Olympia finisher, Kevin Levrone shows how he trains his attention getting midsection. By Tom Prince.
- THE LAW WON
The Mr. Olympia competitors put up a good fight in Las Vegas, but they could not stop Ronnie Coleman from winning the jackpot and taking home his second Sandow.
- TUMBLING DICE
Mary Yockey's classy combination of physique and fitness earned her the 1999 Fitness Olympia title. By Jeff O'Connell.
- A SHOW OF STRENGTH
Plenty of changes took place at the 1999 Ms. Olympia, but one thing stayed the same: Kim Chizevsky won her fourth title in a row. By Jim Schmaltz.
- M&F SPORTS RESEARCH UPDATE
- Hypoxia: Can high altitude training add muscle?
- MCH Blockers: New cures for an old urge?
- Cardio training: Constant intensity vs. Interval
- Beta Endorphins: The bodybuilder's high
- The Lactate shuffle
- The Ins and Outs of Training: A scientific perspective.
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS
American Graffiti: Bodybuilding helped Raul Diaz get off New York's mean streets and into a more positive way of life. By Bill Geiger.
- SHADOW SCULPTOR
Six pages of stunning images show the human body in all its glory. Photos by Per Bernal.
- HANGING WITH ROLAND
Roland Kickinger tries out Pilates-type exercises and explains how bodybuilders can get the most out of this workout. By Steve Stiefel.
- GO NUTS
Think nuts are too high in fat to include in a bodybuilding diet? Think again! Nuts gives you plenty of the nutrients you need to stay healthy. By Christie Knudsen, MS.
- THE BODYTYPE DIET
Whether your body is ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph, you can tailor your nutrition to improve your overall look.
- Editorial: 'More than Beauty' by Joe Weider
- Perspective: 'Brave New World' by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Bodybuilding Feels Right by Dawn Reghetti
- Training Notebook:
- Hanging Knee Raise
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Super Fit Lifestyle: Double or Nothing, by Timothy C. Fritz
- Body by Betty: Shift Strategies, by Betty Weider
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Lose the Holiday Blues, by Kiralee Camp.
- Lab Notes: 21st Century Supplements, by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science: Damage Control
- Ask Arnold: Strip Down!, by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Muscle Fare: One for All, by Laura Creavalle
- Nutrition Journal: Foods of the Millennium, by Chris Sare.
- Get It Right: Two Arm Dumbbell Curl, by Christopher Lockwood
- Hardwired: Digital Buzz, by Carey Rossi Walker
- One Minute Lesson: Seated vs. Standing
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month