- COMPLETE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AB EXERCISES
Ab exercises from A to Z, with all the moves you need to know to sculpt a tight, toned waist.
- DEEP SIX
A six pack in six weeks? You can do it with the exercises on our pullout and this progressive training program, which shows you how to zero in on better abs.
- ARMED FORCES
Muscle & Fitness salutes the men and women of the military who are dedicated to defending their country and pursuing optimum health.
- NO LIMITS
Once you are a Navy SEAL, failure is not an option. See how the toughest of the tough achieve such a high state of mental and physical fitness.
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS
The B-1 Bombshell. Put energy, joy and beauty together into one incredible fit package, and what do you get? This month's Real People person, Lisa Uzzle.
- SOLDIER'S STORIES
Trained to defend their contry, these three bodybuilders also follow their own basic training routines in pursuit of muscle.
- MILTARY MUSCLE
Our request for photos of bodybuilding military personnal elicited responses from around the globe! These winners work hard in the gym to look good in uniform.
- FORCE FEEDING
What's the secret for keeping the troops in fighting condition? Calories, for one, as these military nutrition experts explain.
- CONFESSIONS OF A PRIEST
IFBB pro Lee Priest does not hold back, whether he is talking about his life or training arms.
- BODYBUILDING 101
Free Weights vs. Machines. Which is better? Which is safer? And where do cables fit in? A look at the debate between free weights and machines in the gym.
- FIRE FLYE
Canadian pro bodybuilder Cathy LeFrancois trains her pecs like she trains the rest of her body; to create a beautiful overall physique.
- WEIDER PRINCIPLES
Muscle Confusion. How two time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman uses this training technique to keep his workouts challenging.
- U.L.T.R.A. SYSTEM
The second to last installment of our yearlong training and nutrition program starts to put the fininshing touches on your new body.
- WEIGHT OF THE WORLD
Gearing up for his pro debut, Garrett Downing trains delts and talks about the challenges he has faced.
- OUT ON A LIMB
How you can benefit from training one arm (or leg) at a time.
- A DAY IN THE LIFE
American Beauty. We spent quality time with the 1998 Fitness Olympia winner Monica Brant as she prepared for the 1999 competition.
- SPORT RESEARCH UPDATE
- Zapping Postexercises Pain
- Leucine for Muscle Defense
- BACKSTAGE PASS
Our photographer went backstage at last year's Women's Extravaganza Pro/Am contest and captured beauties giving themselves a final perfection inspection.
- HOLY COW!
Imagine buying beef - by the side! You'll be amazed by how much food IFBB Pro Jay Cutler eats and how supplements fit into his overall diet strategy.
- THE CARB CONNECTION
You don't have to fear carbs, you just need to be smart about the role they play in your diet.
- Editorial: 'The Time is Now' by Joe Weider
- Perspective: 'Lead By Example' by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: The Big Payoff
- Training Notebook:
- Seated Barbell Curl
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Ronnie Coleman
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Bodybuilders Anonymous
- Body by Betty: Call To Action, by Betty Weider
- Lab Notes: Whey to Go, by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Ask Arnold: Squats Up?, by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Muscle Fare: Low-Risk Bique, by Laura Creavalle
- Nutrition Journal: Portion Distortion, by Chris Sare.
- Hardwired: Digital Buzz, by Carey Rossi Walker
- Book Review: Challenge Yourself
- One Minute Lesson: Lock Out With Care
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month