Muscle & Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 521-0303
Cory Everson graces the cover of the August issue of Muscle & Fitness, with her 6 week killer workout routines. Also, the 15 best barbell exercises. Other interesting articles include forecasts on the upcoming Olympia weekend, an interview with Andres Munzer, and a pictorial of super sexy bodies in fitness.
Muscle & Fitness is considered to be the best of the non-hardcore bodybuilding magazines. It contains lots of information about the principles of fitness & bodybuilding. Each monthly magazine usually contains information about weight training, nutrition, training, bodybuilding and many other topics that are current in the bodybuilding and fitness world. Muscle & Fitness is more of a mainstream bodybuilding magazine, which has excellent articles and pictures.
August 1996 issue Table of Contents
- Fearsome Forearms: There's nothing up this three time Mr. Australia's sleeves, except powerful forearms.
- Cory's Killer Workout. This unconventional six week training program is just the shock therapy your muscles may need.
- Pressing Dangers: Many bodybuilders don't do behind neck barbell presses, because they think they're dangerous. Here's how to do them right.
- Deeper into the Weider System: Take a look at some of the lesser known principles to discover how they boost your training intensity.
- Bodybuilding 101: The 15 Best Barbell Exercises: The ultimate strength and mass builders start with just a barbell.
- All systems Go? Training systems that promise muscle growth abound. Applying generally accepted principles, we put them to the test.
- Titanic Triceps: Shawn Ray sinks all stereotypes as he guns for his first Mr. O title.
- Targeting Problem Areas: Lateral Triceps: Here's how four pros develop this problem area.
- On Pins & Needles: One bodybuilder's look into the healing powers of acupuncture.
- Successful bodybuilders use these seven keys to discipline their mind to promote results.
- Fit to Fall: Hollywood stuntpeople use their muscles for reel.
- 48 Hours: What does a pro bodybuilder think and feel those last hours before a show? We asked Porter Cottrell during his countdown to the '96 Arnold Classic.
- Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend: Can Sonny Schmidt and Lenda Murray defend their crowns in the Masters and Ms. Olympia against a hungry group of rivals come September? Here is how we see it.
- Athletes and Aggression: Are athletes more likely to lose control and turn violent, and what role do anabolic steroids play?
- The Aging Athlete: Some professional athletes are tops in their sports well into their 30's and 40's. A strong body is the key.
- The Day After: Being immobilized by incapacitating pain after a workout is no laughing matter. Or is it?
- Super Sexy: M&F uncovers some of the greatest bodies in fitness.
- Andreas Munzer: The Last Interview: Just days before he died, one of the sport's greats had something to say. This is what he told us.
- Dressed to Grill: Finger licking good. That's how bodybuilders do the barbecue, and keep it low in fat.
- Food & Mood: What you can eat can affect both your mind and training.
- Natural Detox: Your liver at work.
- Sports medicines. Save your shoulders
- Vitamin Corner: Beta Carotene - A team player
- Shoulders Above the Rest: Ericca Kern works hard to stay hungry, and wide.
- Ask America's Personal Trainer: Endurance Enhances Power: by Tony Little
- Ask Arnold: Is Change Good?
- Nutrition Journal: Isn't it Iron-IC
- Advanced Training with Mr. O: Partial Reps for Total Intensity
- Editorial: Stopping the Clock
- Perspective: Imitation ... the best form of flattery
- Success Stories: Bodybuilding rescued me from grief
- Kinesiology: Reverse Wrist Curl
- Body by Betty: Air Apparent