Muscle & Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 521-0303
The October issue features the 6th annual NFL Strength team. Also, interesting articles include the 22 best machine exercises, why creatine may be the most important supplement for you, Phosphatidylserine (a cortisol reducer perhaps), info an sickle cell disease and much more...
Muscle & Fitness is considered to be the best of the non-hardcore bodybuilding magazines. It contains lots of information about the principles of fitness & bodybuilding. Each monthly magazine usually contains information about weight training, nutrition, training, bodybuilding and many other topics that are current in the bodybuilding and fitness world. Muscle & Fitness is more of a mainstream bodybuilding magazine, which has excellent articles and pictures.
October 1996 Table of Contents
- Four Weeks to Bigger Biceps: Milos Sarcev, far from the ravages of war in the former Yugoslavia, shares his winning arm strategy.
- Bodybuilding 101: The 22 Best Machine Exercises: If you rely on machines to work your muscles, check out these awesome moves.
- The Weider Principles: Time to Cheat: This technique allows you to blast past your sticking points and lift the heavier weights necessary for rapid growth.
- Super Cycle: Should you alternate between heavy and light training to force results? We put periodization to the test.
- Secrets for Big Gains: Is the mystery of muscular growth all in the mind? M&F gives you the 10 mental steps you need to progress.
- Matarazzo Trains Delts: From the mean streets of Boston, this heavyweight no longer has to pick a fight to get attention. His training does all the talking now.
- Dorian Yates: Worried about the competition for his Mr. Olympia title? No way!
- 6th Annual Muscle & Fitness NFL Strength Team: How do you get ready for battle on the gridiron? In the weight room. M&F follows the Chicago Bears, Rashaan Salaam and Jim Flanigan as they prepare for the '96 season. Nebraska strength coach Boyd Epley offers a program for amateur athletes. Highlighted by the M&F strength team.
- Sickle Cell Disease & the Athlete: How bodybuilding can help fight the effects of one debilitating illness.
- The Muscle Business: You can build more than your physique in bodybuilding. Here's where to look if you want a career in the sport.
- Steroids: Heaven or Hell? The only thing larger than the guys on steroids is the misinformation surrounding their use.
- Condom Knowledge: An in depth look into the land of latex.
- Home Aids Test? Is this a positive step?
- Mario Van Peebles gets Buffed: How one actor / director got into the shape of his life by going 'Solo'.
- Pigskin Pigout: Score extra points with our delicious low fat recipes that'll be the hit of your tailgate party.
- Phosphatidylserine: By blunting the body's production of cortisol, this substance may well be the answer to bodybuilders' prayers.
- The Champs talk Supplements: M&F asked five of the world's best bodybuilders which ones they recommend and why?
- Building a better creatine supplement: Why this should be the most important supplement in your diet.
- Shape Shifting for Women: Can you change your body type? Here's a guide to enhance your symmetry...
- Lift the PMS Blues: How changes in nutrition, exercise and thought patterns can bring your hormones, emotions and body into balance.
- Ask America's Personal Trainer: Tony Little: Set your goal, ten achieve it!
- Ask Arnold: Train those Legs
- Cory's Corner: Don't be a sore loser
- Nutrition Journal: Egg White - the Perfect Protein
- Sports Medicine: Patellar Tracking Dysfunction
- Vitamin Corner: Potassium won't cramp your style
- Editorial: You can do it! by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: How bodybuilding empowered me...
- Kinesiology: Lateral Head Raise
- Body by Betty: Missing the Mark
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Don't choke under the pressure
- Bodybuilding Science: From the Weider Nutrition Group
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month
- Book & Video Reviews: The Best of Shawn Ray / Natural Fitness
- The Champ: Dorian Yates