Muscle & Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 521-0303
Muscle & Fitness is considered to be the best of the non-hardcore bodybuilding magazines. It contains lots of information about the principles of fitness & bodybuilding. Each monthly magazine usually contains information about weight training, nutrition, training, bodybuilding and many other topics that are current in the bodybuilding and fitness world. Muscle & Fitness is more of a mainstream bodybuilding magazine, which has excellent articles and pictures.
May 1997 Table of Contents
- Tri Tips: Beefy Jay Cutler's no bull approach to triceps training.
- Bodybuilding 101: Forgotten Exercises for Abs: There's more to ab training than simple crunches. These six not so common variations can define that six pack
- Fancy Footwork: Should you point your toes in to hit the outer thigh? M&F sorts through the hype - and the research - on how adjustments in foot position and stance can affect your leg training.
- The Weider Principles: Pyramiding: The best way to incorporate warming up a muscle and still working heavy is with the power of the pyramid.
- Spin Cycle: A faster way for bodybuilders to lose bodyfat? Jump on a bike for a high intensity workout. We'll tell you why studio cycling is the hottest cardio training class in the country today.
- Power Ranges: Not only do you want to be in the right mental zone when you train, but your body makes the greatest improvements in size and strength when you're in a particular training zone.
- Targeting Problem Areas: Lower Chest: Four top pros give their advice on how to build the hard to develop region of the lower pec.
- The Tall Guy: If you tower over your training partner, you know how difficult it is to put on mass! M&F has assembled training and nutrition advice from ectomorphs turned bodybuilders to speed your muscle building efforts.
- Delta Ray: Two time Mr. Olympia runner up Shawn Ray offers his nuts and bolts shoulder routine that yields cosmic results.
- Magnets & Recuperation: Tired of traditional approaches to pain relief? Using specially designed magnets to speed healing is attracting a greater number of adherents.
- Steroid Ticker Terror: The one muscle androgenic steroids may most harm is your heart. Should that be of concern to young bodybuilders?
- Muscle Phys 101: Time to drop that dumbbell and listen up: Professor Musclehead's giving you the ABCs of skeletal-muscle physiology. Press that!
- Outgrowing your Blue Genes: A number of studies indicate that exercise can help beat depression, but what happens when that isn't enough? M&F takes a closer look.
- Working' for Love: An exercise you can do anywhere, any time, can make a happier relationship.
- Muscle... or Fitness: More and more women continue to take up the iron sport, but the future of women;s competitive bodybuilding is as uncertain as ever.
- Family Matters: The bodybuilding lifestyle can help you combat illness - even those that lurk in your genes. Learn how to do your own genetic sleuthing.
- No Brain - No Gain, Part 2: Improving your mental muscle means more than just hitting the books. These exercises and games are proven ways to boost your brain power.
- Give Fat A Break: Fat's the enemy of all bodybuilders, right? Not so fast! Some researchers believe many athletes don't get enough fat in their diets, affecting their health and training.
- Your Guide to winning Nutrition: Marilyn S. Peterson, MS, RD, author of 'Eat to Complete', debunks nutritional myths and explains how bodybuilders can achieve peak performance.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: Can this dietary supplement really speed the fat burning process?
Women / Personality:
- Stun Guns: Fitness competitor Michelle Bellini's high voltage biceps training.
- Raw Beef: What's big Paul Dillett really like? In an unusual interview format, guest editor Mike Matarazzo asked the questions, and chose and captioned the photo's. Heck, who needs paid editors?
- Sports Medicine: Effects of Age & Stress on Immunity
- Vitamin Corner: Boosting Creatine Concentration
- Editorial: Shape up without giving up by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: The Nurses called me 'Super Mom'
- Training Notebook: Overhead Lateral Raise
- Training Notebook: Kinesiology:
- Training Notebook: Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Controlling negative self-talk
- Body by Betty: Baby Yourself
- Lab Notes: HMB: Help or Hype?
- Bodybuilding Science: Androgens & personality, Vanadyl Sulfate & Muscle Mass, Bodybuilders & Blood Lipids, Nicotine as an ergogenic aid?
- Ask Arnold: Use Food to Fuel Growth
- Nutrition Journal: Slick Eggs, Allergic Beans and more...
- Training with Zane: Looking forward to workouts
- Muscle Fare: For the love of cheesecake
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month