Muscle & Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 521-0303
Muscle & Fitness is considered to be the best of the non-hardcore bodybuilding magazines. It contains lots of information about the principles of fitness & bodybuilding. Each monthly magazine usually contains information about weight training, nutrition, training, bodybuilding and many other topics that are current in the bodybuilding and fitness world. Muscle & Fitness is more of a mainstream bodybuilding magazine, which has excellent articles and pictures.
August 1997 Table of Contents
- Spectacular Chest Training: Down under wonder Lee Priest packs on the poundage to build his freaky pecs.
- The Weider Principles: Partial Reps: Full range movements may not be enough to spark maximal muscle growth.
- Bodybuilding 101: Forgetten Exercises for Quads: If your leg routine consists of squats, leg presses and leg extensions, try these six very effective alternatives to break up the pace.
- Targeting Problem Areas: Lower Abs: Four top pro bodybuilders tell how they bring up the below the belt region.
- Escape from Hardgainer Hell: Slow to grow? Traing smarter - not necessarily harder - with this three stage program.
- Get it Right: Standing Dumbbell Press: The proper execution and technique for bolder shoulders.
- Long On Triceps: 1995 NPC Nationals Champ Don Long's take no prisoners training routine for maximum arm growth.
- Change your outlook: After years of high intensity training or competition, all athletes must eventually consider pulling back. Find out how to downshift from high gear and stay in great shape.
- Flex Appeal: Our muscular pictorial features 1997 Arnold Classic Winner Flex Wheeler.
- Athletes on a Roll: Wheelchair warriors: Inspiring stories of athletic and bodybuilding achievements from the physically disabled.
- Heart Attack at 20-something? Why cardiac problems strike some elite level athletes, and how you can determine if you're at risk.
- Timing is Everything: Don't let premature ejaculation ruin your relationship. Learn how to hold back for better sex.
- Why are you so tired? Fatigue, the malady of the 20th century, can rob you of your training momentum. Try these basics for boosting your energy.
- Hormone Boosting Workouts: Learn about the hormones responsible for muscle growth and how to manipulate the variables - diet, exercise and ret - to control their release.
- Building a Better Protein: M&F takes a closer look at the latest protein supplement that's efficiently utilized by the human body.
- The Extreme Diet: For Emergency Use Only: More and more bodybuilders are abandoning the high carb approach to shed those last few pounds and develop that hard, ripped body.
- Hardgainer's Nutrition Advice: Hardgainers may be making mistakes outside the gym, too. Professor Musclehead answers the most common quieries on eercise and nutrition.
- Arginine's new growth potential: Bodybuilders are taking another look at this amino acid, which is touted as enhancing mmuscle development and bodyfat loss.
- Raw Beef: Guest editor Eddie Robinson goes head to head with one of bodybuilding's most outspoken pros, Shawn Ray. Find out what went on in this no holds barred interview.
- Designing Delts: A long way from Thunder Bay, Melissa Coates ignited her delts with lightning speed.
- The Fight of my Life: Faced with breast cancer, this 35 year old bodybuilder applied the training principles of focus, effort and concentration in her battle for her health.
- Hot Bodies: Theresa Hessler
- Sports Medicine: Locking Out: The Elbow Controversy
- Editorial: Muscle for Life by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Free Fall Jump into jeopardy
- One Minute Lesson: The Shrug
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Building self-confidence, part 1
- Body by Betty: Muscle Music
- Training Notebook: Decline Press
- Training Notebook: Kinesiology:
- Training Notebook: Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia
- Lab Notes: The Ups & Downs of Yo-Yo Dieting
- Bodybuilding Science: Garlic & Fish oil keep cholesterol in line ... testosterone levels & dietary nutrients - preliminary evidence on pikamilone
- Ask Arnold: The Shortcut to Muscular Growth
- Nutrition Journal: Promises, promises
- Muscle Fare: Pasta Perfection!
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month