Muscle & Fitness Magazine
For more information, call (800) 521-0303
Muscle & Fitness is considered to be the best of the non-hardcore bodybuilding magazines. It contains lots of information about the principles of fitness & bodybuilding. Each monthly magazine usually contains information about weight training, nutrition, training, bodybuilding and many other topics that are current in the bodybuilding and fitness world. Muscle & Fitness is more of a mainstream bodybuilding magazine, which has excellent articles and pictures. The fitness competitor on the cover is Saryn Muldrow, photographed by Robert Reiff.
September 1997 Table of Contents
- Night of Champions: New challengers and longtime favorites match muscles in New York City.
- Just do Delts: Basic heavy exercises form the foundation of Kevin Levrone's shoulder loading routine.
- To Peak or not to Peak: Can you tailor the shape of your muscles? The use of angles, grips and exercise selection may produce varied muscle growth responses in different muscles.
- Bodybuilding 101: Stretching for Size: You know you should stretch, so be good to your body with these easy movements that help prevent muscle pulls and tears.
- Smoking Muscles: Fighting fires takes more than just individual brute strength - it requires professional training and a lot of muscle. Here's a heated training routine designed to meet the specific needs of firefighters.
- Shock it to Me: Five pros share the killer routines that blast them out of their workout doldrums.
- The Weider Principles: Quality Training: Ms. Olympia Kim Chizevsky shows you how to implement this technique into your training to achieve a leaner, more muscular physique.
- 53 Bodybuilding Tips: Small changes can add up to big results when you employ this plethora of training, nutrition and recuperation tips from the experts.
- Deadlift & Grow: The proper technique for unworldly growth in your traps, erectors, glutes, hamstrings and grip.
- The Big Betrayal: If you see yourself as smaller than you really are, you could be suffering from muscle dysmorphia. Find out what has been discovered and how you can avoid it.
- The Chemistry of Love: What sparks that certain something that mysteriously draws two individuals together?
- The Big One: Thousands of pounds of beef will shake the roof of Long Beach's Terrace Theatre as the Mr. Olympia contest returns to Southern California.
- City Scene: Los Angeles: Shawn Ray plays Southern California tour guide, showing Olympia attendees the best place to train, the healthiest restaurants and much more...
- Touch & Grow: If you've tried everything to get big and still don't see results, you may need to work smarter, not harder. Discover how touch training can improve the mind muscle link.
- Setting the Record Straight; Joe Weider reviews the history of the IFBB drug testing program and tells what lies ahead.
- Muscles & Mushrooms: Can these compounds benefit the bodybuilder who wants to increase both the volume and intensity of training for faster gains without overtraining?
- Aroma Diet: Want a safe, inexpensive way to curb your urge to binge? WM&F has discovered something better than fad diets and diet drugs ... scent sniffing.
- Carbophobia: Should you fear eating carbohydrates at night? Check out the research and decide for yourself.
- A Cutler Above the Rest: In this in depth interview, Jay Cutler reveals what makes him tick.
- The Body Eclectic: How '97 Ms. International Yolanda Hughes built the back that stole the show at the Arnold Classic?
- Sports Medicine: Cortisone Injections - Safe or Sorry?
- Vitamin Corner: Athletes & High Fat Diets
- Editorial: Fixing the Country with Fitness by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Diets Don't Work
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Building self-confidence, part 2
- Body by Betty: Invigorate!
- Training Notebook: Ab Crunch
- Training Notebook: Kinesiology:
- Training Notebook: Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia
- Lab Notes: The Keys to Gaining Weight
- Bodybuilding Science: Branched Chain Aminos & Fat Loss ... Glycogen & Exercise Intensity ... Fat Burning Protein Discovered...
- One Minute Lesson: Setting the Angle on the Incline Press
- Ask Arnold: Why are your calves lagging?
- Nutrition Journal: The Miracle Cabbage Soup Diet
- Muscle Fare: On the Grill
- Hot Bodies: Madonna Grimes
- The Marketplace
- M&F Web Watch
- Coming Next Month