- FLIRTING WITHOUT DISASTER
From a panel of experts comes practical advice for making a love connection. By Deborah Meier Brown.
- UMASS MUSCLE
Teen bodybuilding champ Michael Ferrante understands the need to build a strong foundation in his quest for a bigger, better physique. By Jeff O' Connell.
- BIG MUSCLES ON CAMPUS
We set out to find young bodybuilders at universities across the states and discovered some who are studying the fine art of muscle development.
- ROOM TO GROW
No access to a gym? With just a set of dumbbells and a chair, you can do this dorm room workout and give your muscles a lesson in growth. By Bobby Aldridge, CPT, LWMC.
- CHOW LINE CHALLENGE
Eat healthfully at the campus cafeteria with these simple guidelines. You'll also make the grade with energizing dorm room snacks. By Lisa M. Flores
- CAMPUS SURVIVAL 101
These mind strengthening strategies can increase your abilities in the lecture hall and the weight room. By Andrew Thomas.
- RUSH TO GET SMALL
Will recreational drug use limit your bodybuilding gains? We look at the effects of seven popular mind benders. By Chris Street, MS, CSCS.
- UP IN SMOKE?
Stogies are all the rage right now, so we investigated what cigar smoking could do to your muscles and physical fitness regimen. By Denise A. Monroe, EdD, CHES
- 3 WEEK CRASH COURSE
If cramming can work for exams, why not try it to get in shape for spring break? We provide eight tips on looking good in a hurry. By Chris Aceto.
- STUDENT BODIES
Yearbook photos of some of your favorite bodybuilders and fitness athletes from their days when heavy metal meant something other than a high intensity workout.
- PEC PRINCIPLES
IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev, who's known for his long string of bodybuilding competition appearances, delivery an inspiring seminar on chest training. By Steve Stiefel.
- BASIC TRAINING
Boot camp meets the aerobics classic in this tough as nails workout. By Larry Schackelford.
- OVERREACHING OR OVERTRAINING?
Before you push yourself too far in the gym, find out how much training is too much. By Frederick C. Hatfield, PhD.
- GET IT RIGHT: CABLE CONCENTRATION CURL
This unusual curl exercise, when done right, gives your biceps
- WEIDER PRINCIPLES: BURNS
Larry Scott, Lenda Murray and Lee Priest explain how this training technique helps take them to the next level of muscularity. By Bill Dobbins.
- BODYBUILDING 101: THE PERFECT 10
These tips on how to improve your lifting technique will put you on the right path for continued gains. By Stuart McRobert.
- IOC RECOGNIZES BODYBUILDING
The impossible dream becomes a reality. By Joe Weider.
- PUSHING THE PAIN BARRIER
Recognizing good pain and learning to ignore it is the key to serious growth. By Blair Whitmarsh, PhD.
- PARTY ON!
A lighthearted revelry regimen that's sure to pack a few pounds onto your frame.
- CROWNED PRINCE
A frank talk with new IFBB pro Tom Prince about how he juggles his bodybuilding, family and academic life. By Jeff O'Connell.
- NAUGHTY OR NICE?
People always say you should eat most of your calories in the morning or you'll get fat. Scientific results from a study on the subject may surprise you. By Jose Antonion, PhD, CSCS.
- MINNA'S MASTERPIECE
Newcomer Minna Lessig is making waves in the fitness world, and after you see her ham and glute workout you'll understand why.
- Editorial: A tribute to Vince Gironda by Joe Weider
- Perspective: Bodybuilding makes Olympic history by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: No right to be unfit by James Volant
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Class Struggle by Jeff O'Connell
- Body by Betty: Strong Support by Betty Weider
- Training Notebook: Presented by Body Solid:
- Dumbbell Wrist Curl
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Dorian Yates
- Lab Notes: Dipeptides deliver by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science:
- Good News about fat
- Carb Drinks help high-intensity exercise
- Can Bovine colostrum enhance level of IGF-1?
- Ask Arnold: Endromorph: Do or Di-et: by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Nutrition Journal: Fish Tales by Chris Sare
- Muscle Fare: Surprisingly Salmon by Laura Creavalle
- Cutting Edge: Sports Medicine: Don't tickle my funny bone by Daniel Bennett, MD.
- One Minute Lesson: Training Specificity by Dan Wagman, PhD, CSCS
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month