- THE BODYBUILDER's GUIDE TO AEROBIC EXERCISE
Want to reveal those hard earned muscles and increase your energy? Try adding cardio to your training routine. We'll show you how to do it to achieve maximum results.
- HOME IMPROVEMENT
How to choose the best cardio equipment to use at home.
- MAGIC NUMBER
Those cardio machines may miscalculate how many calories you're actually burning. Here's why.
- QUIZ: HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT AEROBICS & FAT BURNING?
Find out if you know all the right ways to burn calories.
- PSYCH FITNESS
You know that getting in good cardiovascular shape strengthens your heart, but did you know it improves your mind, too.
- CROSS-TRAIN 4 CARDIO
A look at four fantastic fat burning activities that'll have you looking leaner in no time.
- SOLE MATES
When you're training hard and heavy, you don't want your shoes to let you down. Here's what to look for in bodybuilding and cross-training footwear.
- 7 FAT BURNING MYTHS
Common misconceptions about burning fat can leave you confused and flabby. We separate fact from fiction so you can build a harder body.
- TOP GUNS
Oregon native Aaron Maddron flexed his mighty biceps well enough to finish fourth at the 1997 USAs in Las Vegas.
- SECRET WEAPONS
Using exercises from the Olympic lifter's arsenal can add pounds of muscle to your physique.
- BLUE RIBBON CALVES
Mike Matarazzo, always a crowd favorite at pro bodybuilding events, describes the calf-building routine that makes the most of his genetic potential.
- GET IT RIGHT: PULL UP
This exercise classic is a great way to build the lats and traps, but there's more to it than your high school PE teacher might have told you.
- TARGETING PROBLEM AREAS: TRICEPS
If you want meaty arms, you must devote some serious attention to your triceps.
- HIGH VOLTAGE CIRCUIT TRAINING
If you need a break from your split system bodybuilding program or are just starting out, circuit training has plenty to offer.
- THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
They said it could never happen, but they were wrong - bodybuilding has been officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee. Here is part one of the whole story.
- MAJOR LEAGUE MUSCLE
Three professional baseball players share a commitment to excellence both on the diamond and in the gym.
- ARNOLD VS. LOU
A photo essay of the showdown between two of bodybuilder's greats at the 1974 Mr. Olympia
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS: MEDICINE MAN
At the end of a long day in the ER, Michael Rodricks, MD, hits the iron - and we don't mean golf.
- SYNDROME X
Related to insulin insensitivity, obesity and diabetes, this disorder affects millions of Americans, including bodybuilders, who may not even be aware of what ails them.
- FAQs: BUILDING MUSCLE
Concrete answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding nutrition and training for adding muscle.
- THE NEXT GENERATION
A look at what the supplement company of the future will offer the serious bodybuilder.
- SVELTE DELTS
Amateur bodybuilder Brenda Raganot started building muscle in 1984, and now she has the body to show for it.
- Editorial: The Apollo Legacy by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Dealing with Denial
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Prime Time
- Body by Betty: Playing by the Numbers by Betty Weider
- Training Notebook: Presented by Body Solid:
- Stiff Legged Deadliftl
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Dorian Yates
- Lab Notes: Creatine Conundrum by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science:
- Cholate - Another Fat Burner
- Glycerol: Better than Water
- Changing Protein Consumption
- Ask Arnold: Endromorph: Change is Good! by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Hot Bodies: Minna Lessig
- Cutting Edge: Recuperation: Flex & Stretch by Ben Reuter
- One Minute Lesson: Soreness & Growth by Dan Wagman, PhD, CSCS
- Muscle Fare: Bread Pudding with Flair
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month