- BEACH PHYSIQUE
The definitive workout to dial it in for summer, geared for all ability levels. Are you up to M&F's challenge? Included is a Pullout Poster!
- WET & WILD
The best swimsuits for the fittest physiques.
- COOL STUFF FOR A HOT SUMMER
The gear you need to make your summer sizzle.
- HARD WEAR
Summer fashions for well built bodies.
- GET SHORTY
Show off your legs in style this summer
- POWER PICNIC
Summertime is no time to stray from your bodybuilding diet. Enjoy the great outdoors with this tasty, nutritious picnic fare.
- SUMMER'S FINEST
Fresh fruits and vegetables provide nutrition you can sink your teeth into.
- HAIR FORCE
Keep your crowning glory healthy, shining and full bodied despite sun, sand and chlorine.
- HERE COMES THE SUN
What you need to know about keeping your skin looking good, avoiding sun damage and recognizing the early signs of skin cancer.
- COLUMBUS DISCOVERIES
Flex Wheeler, Vince Taylor, Yolanda Hughes and Susie Curry take top bodybuilding and fitness honors at the Arnold Classic weekend. Here is our complete coverage.
- BACK 2 BACK
New York training partners Robert Russo and Johnny Moya reveal the back routine that got them noticed at the 1997 NPC Nationals.
- TEMPORARY INSANITY
Think you train like crazy? Here, four pros share their toughest ever workouts, all in the name of muscle.
- NORDIC KNOCKOUT
Rising fitness star Lena Johannesen shapes legs that go the distance.
- DIVIDE & CONQUER
If you are ready to graduate from beginning to intermediate bodybuilding, you should split your workouts. We compare a few of the more popular splits.
- TARGETING PROBLEM AREAS: FOREARMS
Get a grip! How to beef up the bodypart that's most often on display.
- FLEXUS ABDOMINIS
With Flex Wheeler's stunning symmetry, some are wondering if he'll dethrone Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates. Here's how he build the sport's best midsection.
- GET IT RIGHT: LOW PULLEY CABLE CROSSOVER
Pressing exercises are a common part of chest workouts, but the low pulley cable crossover does a better job of hitting just the pecs.
- THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM, PART II
The continuing story of the IFBB's 52 year quest for Olympic recognition, which had finally been granted.
- GROWTH FACTORS
Think top bodybuilders follow a haphazard nutrition plan? We asked several competitors about their dietary habits and found these seven points in common
With sales of androstenedione skyrocketing, we take a closer look at this popular hormone supplement to see if it delivers what the advertisers promise.
- BURN IT!
The science of food takes a giant step forward with the introduction of this optimum nutrition drink.
- BREAKTHROUGH NUTRITION
If you muscle gains hit a plateau, re-evaluate your caloric intake. Here is one experts advice.
- Editorial: 'No Pain, No Gain' revisited by Joe Weider
- Perspective: 'When You're Hot, You're Hot' by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Crushing Cushing's Disease
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Bodybuilding and Femininity
- Body by Betty: Is the Clock Ticking? by Betty Weider
- Training Notebook::
- Standing Calf Raise
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Dorian Yates
- Lab Notes: Enhancing Insulin's Effects Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science:
- LIF Stimulates Muscle Regeneration
- DNP - The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Ask Arnold: Hardgainer No More by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Cutting Edge: Sports Medicine: Twist & Shout by Gina K. Thornburg
- One Minute Lesson: How Much Creatine by Dan Wagman, PhD, CSCS
- Muscle Fare: A Better Burger
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month