- THE BENCH RULES
Not making progress on your bench? With strength comes size, and this no-frills approach can add up to 40 pounds on your bench press. Time to go to work!
- PECS APPEAL
Most women are not after a macho barrel chest, but would like to train for a firmer bustline. Try these tips to sculpt powerful yet feminine pecs.
- THE A-Z GUIDE TO CHEST TRAINING
Confused at how to put together an effective chest routine? Here is a summary of the best exercises, plus tips on how to make them work for you.
- BIG DIPPER
Dip till you drop! Incorporate just one slight variation in movement and you can put the emphasis on your pecs instead of your tri's.
- PEC TECH
The latest research on how changing bench angle and grip width affects pec stimulation, and how you can incorporate this information into your workout.
You may be able to lift more weight with presses, but flye movements better isolate just the chest. So why do so many bodybuilders do them last in their routine?
- KINESIOLOGY OF THE CHEST, SHOULDERS AND TRIS
Make the connections for effective chest training.
- MENACING DENNIS
He's ba-a-ack! Dennis Newman's pro debut at the Ironman Invitational gave the leukemia survivor a change to go delt to delt with the big boys of muscle.
- CORY'S CUSTOM WORKOUT
An effective whole body dumbbell workout that you can do anywhere, explained by the first lady of muscledom.
- BACK ATTACK
IFBB Pro Shawn Ray has an anatomy chart back and impressive list of top finishes in the Mr. Olympia. Find out what else this 32 year old phenom wants.
- GET IT RIGHT: GLUTE-HAM RAISE
An unusual way to target your backside so you will look great coming and going.
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS: FILM BUFF
Costas Voniatis, a former Mr. Cyprus and professional photographer, stays focused on his muscular development.
- KNOCK ON ANY DOOR
The women of the Fitness International as you have never seen them before, gearing up for the big contest in the privacy of their hotel rooms.
- SEX Rx
Need a boost in the bedroom? Advice on herbs and supplements that could give your libido a lift.
- HEAD STRONG
Weight training does not just build your muscles; it also trains your mind to become more disciplined and decisive.
- A DAY IN THE LIFE
What a life! We followed Mike Matarazzo around to discover how much training, food and fun a pro bodybuilder can fit into one day.
- HAIR RAISING SOLUTIONS
Feel insecure about a thinning hairline? Take a look at the latest ways to deal with the bane of baldness.
An interview with plastic surgeon Rick Silverman, MD, about this condition that causes a man's chest to grow in all the wrong ways.
- EGGSTRA CREDIT
Science proves that egg white are tops when it comes to protein.
- MEAN CUISINE
Be good to your food, or it will be bad to you. What you need to know about safe food handling and preparation.
- THE NO MEAL DIET
You may be able to reach your muscular goals by nibbling your way through the day.
- Editorial: 'Survival in the New Millennium' by Joe Weider
- Perspective: by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: I Bartered for a Better Body
- Mind in Bodybuilding: Competitive Charge
- Body by Betty: The Science of Soy by Betty Weider
- Training Notebook::
- Seated Machine Press
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Dorian Yates
- Lab Notes: More Muscle in Minutes? by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science:
- The many functions of Beta-Glucan
- Spermidine - Don't let the name fool you
- Ask Arnold: The Mesomorph Advantage by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Cutting Edge: Sports Medicine: Recuperation: Muscle Cramp News
- Muscle Fare: Sun, Summer, Salad!
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month