- ROCKY MOUNTAIN BI’S
Amateur superheavyweight Erik Fromm packed the weekend of the USA Bodybuilding Championships with lots of activity, leaving him with an anniversary to remember.
- BODYBUILDING 101: TWICE THE MUSCLE
It takes two to make a thing go right, so enlist the help of a compatible and reliable training partner to see out of sight workout results.
- GET IT RIGHT: DUMBBELL TRICEPS EXTENSION
One of bodybuilding’s greats explains how to do this exercise for maximum results.
- CARDIO PUMP
Sure, aerobic exercise helps you get tight, but did you know it can even improve your weight training? Time to hit those cardio machines.
- DUMBBELL POWER
A challenging workout that includes several dumbbells only Olympic lifts to build a bigger and stronger physique.
- HEAVENLY BODY
In demand fitness athlete Monica Brant talks about the pros and cons of her popularity and shares her abs and low back workout.
- TARGETING PROBLEM AREAS: UPPER CHEST
You must prioritize this region if you want a top shelf upper chest.
- HIT THE DECK!
Push ups are usually overlooked and underrated by everyone but menacing drill sergeants. Drop and give us 50, then read up on our seven variations.
- HAVE CHEST, WILL TRAVEL
Pec-training tips and a European Grand Prix tour travelogue from Nasser El Sonbaty, one of bodybuilding’s top pros.
- RECHARGE YOUR MUSCLES
If fatigue is your worst enemy in the gym, find out what science knows and how to combat it for a better workout.
- SEX & REPS
Reflections on looking for love in the last days of the millennium.
- CHILL OUT!
Here’s how to stay in control and use anger and aggression to your best advantage.
- INTERNATIONAL APPEAL
A preview of this year’s top two contests for women bodybuilders and fitness competitors, which will have a distinctly European flavor.
- PEDAL TO THE METAL
When his Toyota Atlantic race car hits 180 mph, professional driver Zak Brown counts on his training, both in the gym and on the road, in his quest for the checkered flag.
- NUTRITION 101: MICRONUTRIENT MUSCLE
Bite sized tips on some of the most important vitamins and minerals for bodybuilders, and what you should take for health insurance.
- FEED THE NEED
Eating what’s best for your muscles really isn’t all that tricky. Here’s food for thought on optimum postworkout nutrition.
Science may soon be able to provide the benefits of added growth hormone without the needles, courtesy of this new compound.
- APPETITE FOR CONSTRUCTION
Three of bodybuilding’s behemoths explain what they eat an when to add quality mass. For these guys, every day is a feast.
- SPORTS MEDICINE
Saving Your Shoulders
- Editorial: 'The Anti Aging Battle' by Joe Weider
- Perspective: 'Start Your Engines!' by Tom Deters
- Success Stories: Let the Revolution Begin
- Mind in Bodybuilding: In the Zone
- Body by Betty: Keep Smiling by Betty Weider
- Training Notebook::
- Leg Press
- Kinesiology by Michael Yessis, PhD
- Advanced Training with Mr. Olympia by Dorian Yates
- Lab Notes: Craving some Carnosine by Jose Antonio, PhD, CSCS
- Bodybuilding Science:
- For Chrysin's Sake!
- Ancient Chinese Secret
- Muscle Fare: Parlez-Vous Parfait?
- Nutrition Journal: Water Shortage
- Hot Bodies: Minna Lessig, Lisa Lowe
- Photo Finish
- The Marketplace
- Coming Next Month