Muscular Development Magazine
For more information, call (800) 835-2246
Muscular Development has changed its name. The new name is All Natural Muscular Development, with the All Natural in smaller letters. It is part of the magazine's new outlook on natural bodybuilding, and to shy away from the hardcore look. This month's fitness model on the cover is Shonna McCarver, from Texas.
Muscular Development, by Twinlab, is another serious bodybuilder magazine, but also covers fitness and health related items. They pride themselves on giving its readers extensive coverage on the cutting edge of training, diet and nutrition articles. It also has great pictures of bodybuilders, and makes for enjoyable reading.
April 1997 Table of Contents
Volume 34, Number 4
- Charles Durr: Decrowned Mr. America: The shocking controversy that rocked the AAU and forever changed the face of bodybuilding.
- Hot Metal - the Zinc / Growth Connection: Part I, Maximizing Testosterone
- Shonna McCarver - the Bold, the Blonde, and the Bodacious: Shonna! The yellow rose of Texas never looked this good!
- The role of Protein in Bodybuilding: Adequate protein supplementation is essential for muscle growth.
- The Best and Worst of Fat Loss Supplements: No bull, no hype - just the vital facts you need.
- Hot Breaking Research: Phenomenal Factoids about health, fitness and nutrition.
- Fat News: Fen-Phen plus Prozac: Is it safe and effective?
- As I See It: What on earth happened to bodybuilding?
- Ask the Experts: Home abdominal machines... are they worth buying?
- Thinking Big: Why are you a bodybuilder?
- Labrada's Outlook: New! The Master bodybuilder is back with a sensational new column.
- Doug Reiser's Mr. America Total Body Workout: The 1996 AAU Mr. America shows the benefits of hard training and the drug free lifestyle.
- Heavy Duty: The Best Anti-Catabolic: by Mike Mentzer
- Michael Hernando's Balance, Brains, and Brawn total body workout: Learn this drug free-for-life star's incredible training secrets.
- Natural Bodybuilding Digest: Supplementation for Naturals... Team USA not competing in Mr. Universe... Musclemania Natural... and more!
- Kinesiology: Upright rowing for muscles in the shoulder, middle and upper back...
Health & Fitness:
- Nutrition and Fat Loss Q&A: The big and little things make a Physique!
- Eat to Win: Great American Low Fat Lie!
- Nutrition Update: Improving strength and performance with nutrients.
- Best of Health: Drug Free Muscle, Part II. The Protein primrose path to muscle glory.
- Scientific Vision: How steroids can break your heart?
- State Of the Art: Nicotine for smarts... DHEA and Testosterone... Don't tape that knee... Ampakines for memory.
- Drugs in Sports Roundtable: To the hert of steroid risks
- Anabolic Review: Anabolic breakfast... Nutrition vs. Drugs... Cardiovascular Dangers of Steroids...
- Muscle Mail: Our readers welcome the new era of Natural MD.
- Mentzer Speaks! Mystics in our midst.
- On the Web: Carol Ann dishes on everything you need to know about fitness, health, sexuality
- Wayne's Word: The more things change...
- Romano's Rage Page: It's time to tell a few people off!
- Max Rep: Plah-Ekkie Hormo Suuko Functa Bip Bip. Ah, you speak Ectomorffian