Muscular Development Magazine
For more information, call (800) 835-2246
Muscular Development has changed its name. The new name is All Natural Muscular Development, with the All Natural in smaller letters. It is part of the magazine's new outlook on natural bodybuilding, and to shy away from the hardcore look. This month's fitness model on the cover is Jennifer Goodwin.
Muscular Development, by Twinlab, is another serious bodybuilder magazine, but also covers fitness and health related items. They pride themselves on giving its readers extensive coverage on the cutting edge of training, diet and nutrition articles. It also has great pictures of bodybuilders, and makes for enjoyable reading.
May 1997 Table of Contents
Volume 34, Number 5
- Musclemania 1996: Meet the new generation of bodybuilding stars!
- Ade Rai, Indonesian's Bodybuilding Ambassador: Now, when you think natural, think Indonesia and the incredible Mr. Rai!
- Steve Reeves laments the state of bodybuilding: The king is back! Can Hercules do for our sport what he did for the Augean stables?
- Jennifer Goodwin: Bodybuilding saved my life! From anorexic to the world's sexiest fitness model!
- Hot Breaking Research: Phenomenal Factoids about health, fitness and nutrition.
- Strength & Conditioning: Adding aerobics... periodization... one rep max percentages... compress shorts and jumping ability.
- Fat News: Task force offers guidelines on diet pills.
- As I See It: Let's talk hypocrisy, shall we?
- Ask the Experts: Gains in your off=season strength training program.
- Eric Peterson - Natural for Life! The Peterman Principles: Total Mind / Body / Spirit Workout
- Labrada's Outlook: Did drug testing go far enough at the Mr. Olympia?
- Thinking Big: Setting goals
- Heavy Duty: Sticking points are not inevitable!
- Ade Rai's Total Body Workout: You've met the man, now here's his plan
- Natural Bodybuilding Digest: Should naturals stay in shape all year long?
- Bill Davey: The making of a Musclemanic: The Bill Davey Story, complete with his phenomenal total-body workout.
- Best of Health: The Protein Primrose Path, Pt. II
- Nutrition and Fat Loss Q&A: HCA, the Diet Wall and Fat Percentages.
- Eat to Win: Ex-smokers avoid weight gain... Koop's obesity guidelines... low-call sweeteners... popularity of low-fat foods.
- Nutrition Update: Potassium and Performance
Health & Fitness:
- Cardio Q&A: Breakfast and the morning run
- Knowing your nutrients: Muscle up to Creatine
- State Of the Art: Chromium Picolinate scores again... Vanadyl sulfate fails again!
- Drugs in Sports Roundtable: Why do some athletes choose drug free training?
- Anabolic Review: Hair testing for Clenbuterol... the truth about Steroids... Ginkgo Biloba... Exercise and 1GF-1.
- Muscle Mail: Our readers welcome the new era of Natural MD.
- Mentzer Speaks! Mystics in our midst.
- On the Web: Carol Ann dishes on everything you need to know about fitness, health, sexuality
- Wayne's Word: The more things change...
- Romano's Rage Page: It's time to tell a few people off!
- Max Rep Beware the Succulator!