Muscular Development Magazine
For more information, call (800) 835-2246
The August 1997 issue continues to attack everything which is drug or steroid related, and keeps pressing that if you use steroids, it can lead to death, versus the natural look. Everything in this issue is geared towards the natural way, and how Muscular Development has taken a stand! In this issue is a good interview and article about Sherry Goggin-Giardina, the 1992 Ms. Fitness America winner, and more articles by Steve Reeves, Mike Mentzer, and Lee Labrada. On the cover is Michael D'Angelo, photographed by Per Bernal.
Muscular Development, owned by Twinlab, is another serious bodybuilder magazine that concentrates on natural bodybuilding, but also covers fitness and health related items. They pride themselves on giving its readers extensive coverage on the cutting edge of training, diet and nutrition articles. It also has great pictures of bodybuilders, and makes for enjoyable reading.
August 1997 Table of Contents
Volume 34, Number 8
- Death is waiting in the Wings: Steroids versus natural growth: Drug Free will keep you happy, health and alive.
- All Natural Muscular Development's People's Choice Awards: Here is your chance to tell us who your favorite natural bodybuilders and writers are, and to enjoy per Bernal's (and other top photographer's) Gallery of the World's Greatest Naturals!
- Sports Illustrated validates All Natural MD! Who took a stand against the whole drug mess? Why, All Natural MD, of course!
- Optimal Shape: Part II. The lowdown on lower body, abs, and traps.
- Sherry Goggin-Giardina: The 1992 Ms. Fitness America. It has been nothing but warp speed success for the Tennessee Whirlwind!
- Mike Ashley: Natural before Natural was Cool: Here is what a real bodybuilder looks like!
- Drugs in the IFBB: Comments by the Weiders, athletes, promoters, judges and industry members. Also, see Steve Blechman's response on Page 12.
- HMB: New study says it builds mass! Twinlabs has a cutting edge supplement for you!
- Hot Breaking Research: Phenomenal Factoids about fitness, health and nutrition
- Strength & Conditioning: Taping and grip strength ... weight loss and meals per day ... concurrent strength and endurance training ...
- As I See It: So, how is it going? Good, Thank you!
- Ask the Experts: Top of the Line Training Tips
- Ask the Legend: Steve Reeves Q&A: Q&A never overtrain with the classic physique workout.
- Heavy Duty: Overlapping:: A major element in overtraining! by Mike Mentzer
- Labrada's Outlook: Are bodybuilders athletes?
- Natural Bodybuilding Digest: Why the top stars decided to stay drug free?
- Kinesiology: Dumbbell Pullovers: Expanding the Serratus Anterior.
- Thinking Big: Rocketing through the gravitational pull.
- Best of Health: You need Oxidation!
- Nutrition and Fat Loss Q&A: The science and pseudo-science of fat loss.
- Eat to Win: At long last - the fat gene ... Eat less, live longer ... Americans welcome fat back...
- Brian's Beef: New! The unbiased truth about current events in nutrition, medicine and science.
Health & Fitness:
- Cardio Q&A: Heart of the matter: Questions and Answers about aerobic training.
- State of the Art: Syndrome X... Dietary Habits of supplement users... Salt and blood pressure... Diet and diabetes...
- Drugs in Sports Roundtable: Out of bounds? Sports, society and athletes.
- Anabolic Review: When eating is anabolic... Amino acids: Trigger of protein synthesis?... Training temperature... Cortisol... Alcohol and drug testing in women...
- Muscle Mail: Skip takes the challenge! Drug free for a sound body and mind!
- Mentzer Speaks! Either Or...
- On the Web: Carol Ann dishes on everything you need to know about fitness, health, sexuality
- Wayne's Word: Spare me bodybuillding's boobs!
- Romano's Rage Page: It's time to tell a few people off!
- New Products & Classifieds:
- Max Rep In the land of the 10 inch arm, the 12 inch arm is king (but you knew that...)
- Five Minutes Please: The 1997 Survey...