For more information, call (800) 998-0731
March 1996 Shape Magazine features an excellent article on Metabolism and how to boost it! Also, articles on MSG, warning sign of a bad diet, hot new cardio machines to hit the gym, and much more. Shape's slogan is Mind and Body Fitness for Women. Daria is the cover model.
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country.
Table of Contents - March 1996 issue
Diet & Nutrition
- Do It Right: Bone up on your shoulder training.
- Training Edge: Tracking your target heart rate: with a little help from a machine.
- One on One: Trainer Jon Giese shows you three super efficient abdominal moves.
- Get Fired Up: Forget the hype. Here's our special report on the truth about metabolism and a workout to help boost yours.
- Cardio Nation: Sick of stairclimbing? Check out the hottest new cardio machines to hit the gym. Find out what they do and how to use them.
- Nutrition: M-S-G. These three letters have inspired fear and loathing in the heats of women (and men) for year. Find out the truth about this additive.
- Recipe Makeover: Creamy chicken casserole.
- Warning Sign of a Bad Diet: Is you hair dry? Nails brittle? Feeling groggy? Maybe it's your diet. Here's how to diagnose your diet and remedy some common nutritional deficiencies.
- Shape goes to Cooking School: Take off with us to San Francisco and the famous Tante Marie's cooking school... and learn to prepare low fat culinary masterpieces like the pros.
Sports & Adventure
- Great Gear: Stuff for safer in line skating
- Mail Bonding: Fitness pen pals meet at a world class spa among the California redwoods.
Mind / Body Health
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health & fitness: good news for early risers, high tech Pap tests, antibiotics warning.
- Health: Asthma demystified
- Success Stories: Three women celebrate their fitness triumphs
- Panic Attack: The News on the most common mental disorder
Fashion & Beauty
- Beauty in Action: Can facial exercises change the way you look?
- Things We Love: Workout clothes that work: Top picks from athletes and Shape editors.