For more information, call (800) 998-0731
The July issue features articles like a cool pool workout, ten steamy beauty finds, learn how to throw like a pro, and how to strengthen your lower back. Also, secrets on how to eat like a champ, and what your dreams can and cannot tell you. The model on the cover is Gayle Gurcheik.
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country.
July 1996 Table of Contents
Diet & Nutrition
- Training Edge: Learn to throw like a Pro
- One on One: Strengthen your lower back (and help prevent pain) with three targeted moves.
- Do It Right: Take on your triceps.
- Against the Grain: Sun, surf, sand... Catch a great workout (and beauty treatment to boot), while taking in the sea breeze.
- In the Swim: No, swimming doesn't have to be boring. Here's a cool pool workout guaranteed to make you lap happy.
- Pull a Fast One: A 30 minutes (air conditioned) workout that'll get you in and out of the gym in record time.
- Recipe Makeover: Veggie grill.
- Eat Like A Champ: Secrets from elite athletes (and their nutritionists) about how to eat like a champ.
- Soul Food: Whip up some real down home Southern - without the fat.
Sports & Adventure
- The Wild Side of Summer: Drive-In Hiking: Five of the most beautiful spots in the country where you can car camp.
Mind / Body Health
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness... high tech toothbrushes... countdown to Atlanta... Demi Moore and body image...
- Health: If you hike, play or live in the woods, don't miss this: The latest's on Lyme disease.
- Success Stories: Read about Jenny Kennedy, Cami Krantz and Kell Price-Rabah
- Time Out: It's the dog in you.
- In Your Dreams: Everyone does it, usually in bed but not always. Of course, we're talking about dreaming. What your dreams can (and cannot) tell you.
Fashion & Beauty
- Beauty in Action: Ten steamy beauty finds.
- Great Gear: Hot ways to protect yourself from the sun.
- Girls Rule: They're young, they're hip and they've definitely got the moves. Meet the Gidgets of the 90's as they show off the latest beach fashions.
In Every Issue
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first