For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country.
October 1996 Table of Contents
- Do It Right: Upper body stretch.
- One on One: Three moves to get your glutes in gear
- Basic Training: The U.S. Army created a workout to see how strong women can get. Come on, be all you can be.
- Ready for action: Curves ahead: Have a party with the cardio circuit that hot 'Baywatch' start Donna D'eErrico into lifesaving shape.
Diet & Nutrition
- Recipe Makeover: Low fat chocolate cake? You bet.
- Shopping Smart: Head for the freezer for a great lunch.
- Weight Loss Q&A: The truth about calories vs. fat, cellulite and more.
- Diet Fix: Eat your way healthy: Here are the foods you need to help keep yourself well.
- Some Like It Hot: Real chili recipes, y'all, from the hottest chili cooking competitions in Texas.
- Beauty in Action: Help for oil slick complexions.
- Gear Update: Super home treadmills
- Mod Bod: The funkiest workout clothes in town.
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness: workout video reviews... women and food cravings... better P.E....
- Health: How new discoveries about breast cancer genes can help (or hurt) women.
- Inner Shape: Head Games: Psychology goes on-line.
- Success Stories: Read about Kimberly Howard, Catherine DiSanto and Julie Westbrook.
- Cover Story: Gloria's Destiny: Megastar Gloria Estefan talks about overcoming life's challenges and moving forward.
- Herbs: Tonic or Toxic: Here's what you need to know.
- The Obesity Epidemic: Waistband getting a bit snug? Find out why Americans are fatter than ever - and what can be done about it.
Sports & Adventure
- A Ride into Autumn: A bike with a view: How to create your own cycling tour.
In Every Issue
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first