For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country.
January 1997 Table of Contents
Special Section: Redefine yourself '97
- Fitness: How fat can it take you? Take this quiz to learn how your workouts can make your life better.
- You've got the Powder: This innovative training program can give you the competitive edge you've been looking for.
- No Counting Allowed: Throw out the food scale! Finally, a no numbers way to lose weight, cut fat and still eat your favorite foods.
- Do it right! Here's a cobra that's good for your health.
- Rut Buster: Running cold: a winter workout adventure
- One on One: Sleek, shapely quads are within your grasp.
- Exclusive: Get Crunched: A serious, targeted workout for your arms and abs - courtesy of the nation's hottest health club and television exercise show.
Mind / Body Health
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness: our favorite sports... alternative health insurance... fish oil and cramps...
- Health: Physicians who dare to cure without surgery or drugs.
- Inner Shape: How to go with the flow.
- Weight Loss Q&A: Answers to your most pressing weight loss questions: the newest 'miracle diet'... weight loss and health... what's a set point?
- Success Stories: Read about Linda Allen, Jennifer Hardin, Grisel Szpicek.
- Cold and Flus 101: You're sick, but do you have the flu? A cold? Here's how to tell the difference and, more important, how to get well.
Diet & Nutrition
- Recipe Makeover: A healthy hero
- Make Mine to Go: Sandwiches don't have to be boring. Some new twists on the ultimate convenience food.
Sports, Adventure & Style
- An Ocean View: A snorkeling adventure with Jean-Michael Cousteau in the Bahama Out Islands.
- Beauty in Action: Start the new year with a look at beauty's past (and a glimpse at its future).
- Catching Air: Forget wearing his snowboarding clothes: These fun new fashions are all woman - strong and pretty.
In Every Issue
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first