For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country.
February 1997 - Table of Contents
- Do it right! A great tush toner.
- Rut Buster: Tricks to make your old workout feel brand new.
- Fitness Front Line: Exercisers sleep better. Here is the evidence.
- One on One: Simple, effective moves for your triceps.
- The plateau Blaster: Want to lift more weight? Do more reps? We've got a serious technique to boost your workout performance to the next level.
- Floorplay: A creative way to warm up to exercise.
Diet & Nutrition:
- Recipe Makeover: A sweet Valentine treat.
- Shopping Smart: Rating low fat candy bars.
- The Team Up Diet: Don't let your honey pull you off the healthy eating bandwagon. Our plan (complete with recipes) will help the two of you shape up... together.
Mind / Body Health:
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness: Who gets mammograms? ... sexy birth control... poetic therapy...
- Health: That burning sensation in your chest could be more than last night's spicy dinner.
- Inner Shape: Why pets are good for your health.
- Weight Loss Q&A: Answers to your most pressing weight loss questions: laxative abuse... the best cooking oil...
- Success Stories: Christina Jackson, Karen Schrier Paris, Lesa Cline
- Agonies and the Ecstasies: Sometimes it's good for you to feel bad. Here's why.
- Love Notions: What really turns you on? We studied the research, then conducted our own (thoroughly unscientific) experiments.
- Your Cheating Genes: Is he destined to be unfaithful? Are you? Learn how chemistry can affect your relationships.
Sports, Adventure & Style:
- Beauty in Action: Tips for kissable lips.
- Gear Update: The best of the new abdominal trainers.
- Back to the Future: Retro looks and some designer names zap today's bodywear.
- Cheap Thrills: Great winter getaways that won't break your budget.
In Every Issue
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first