For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 28 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country. The model on the cover is Rosemarie Wetzel.
March 1997 - Table of Contents
- Do It Right! Improve your posture and define those shoulders with the seated row!
- One on One: Get tight, toned abs with a top trainer.
- Rut Buster: Training your weaker side.
- Special Section: A New Definition: A revolutionary 3 month weight loss and strength training plan to change your body - and the way you think about dieting. (Plus, our bonus calendar).
- The One-Two Punch: Combine step moves and boxing for a total body routine.
Diet & Nutrition:
- Nutrition: Eating for a (high) altitude adjustment.
- Recipe Makeover: Saucy grilled chicken.
- Shopping Smart: Low Fat Frozen pizzas.
- Mushroom Magic: These earthly delights are vitamin and flavor rich; here's how to use them.
Mind / Body Health:
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness: train your brain... stuff we love...
- Health: Is laser eye surgery for you?
- Inner Shape: Ecopsychology: Getting in touch with nature... and yourself.
- Time Out: Club crawling through the after hours gym scene.
- Weight Loss Q&A: Answers to your most pressing weight loss questions.
- Success Stories: Betty Cruz, Gina Marie Turcketta and Lisa C. DittmarLabonte share their tales of triumph.
- What's in a Size? Plenty, if you are a women. A history of the numbers.
- Photo Essay: 140s and Fab: Six women who exemplify the average American body.
- Dieting on the Dark Side: When weight watching becomes bulimia.
- Sex Survey: Tell us: How do you feel about your body in bed?
- Beauty in Action: Simple solutions for scary hair scenarios.
- Palm Springs Weekend: Feeling groovy: Happening spring sunwear.
Sports & Adventure:
- Escapes: It's playtime at camp.
- Off the Beach: Use your vacation to get a burn - and we don't mean a sunburn. Here are a bundle of calorie clobbering options.
In Every Issue
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first