For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 25 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country. The model on the cover is Rebecca Romijn.
August 1997 - Table of Contents
- One on One: Best chest exercises.
- Do It Right: Why you need strong shins - and how to get them.
- Rut Buster: Rowing crew: It's a boatload of fun.
- Amazing Abs: A comprehensive diet and exercise plan... plus answers to the top 10 questions about abs.
- Mind & Muscle: A strength training workout to tone body and soul.
Diet & Nutrition:
- Recipe Makeover: Light and easy Apricot Chicken Rice Salad.
- Shopping Smart: Scoring the latest crop of low fat salad dressings.
- Revenge of the Calorie: Just do the math: The latest advice for weight loss that works.
- County Fare: All the yummy, festive, summer inspired foods of a county fair - without all the fat.
Mind / Body Health:
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness; who's privy to your medical records? ... great stretches for frequent flyers ... the UTI report ...
- Inner Shape: The power of forgiveness.
- Weight Loss Q&A: Answers to your most pressing weight loss questions: over the counter pills ... the calories in produce ... walking with weights ...
- Success Stories: How readers JulieRae MacLoad, Alex Andria Kung, and Aleta Olsson worked it out.
- Beauty in Action: Is your cleansing routine a washout? Here's how to clean up your act.
- Tri Chic: Serious clothes for iron women.
Sports & Adventure:
- Time Out: A women's cycling team takes off on a tour de force.
- Water Walking: What makes a summertime hike truly sublime? Choose one that rewards your efforts with an invigorating surprise: waterfalls, swimming holes and other cool endings.
In Every Issue:
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first