For more information, call (800) 998-0731
Shape Magazine is geared for women who take care of themselves through fitness, aerobics, nutrition, etc. The editorial advisory board includes 25 of the most well-respected medical and health care professionals in the country. The model on the cover is Valeria Mazza.
October 1997 - Table of Contents
- Do It Right: Relieve muscle soreness and help prevent injuries with this thigh soothing stretch.
- Fitness Frontline: Working out while very stressed may do more hard than good.
- Rut Buster: Discover how yoga can help you build strength.
- One on One: Build strong shoulders for a better bod.
- Fast Body Shapers: Got 30 minutes? Here are some two in one exercises to tone you from head to toe in record time.
- Winter Wake Up Call: Nip winter weight gain in the bud with smart strategies for diet, exercise, health and happiness.
- Power Poses: Eight simple moves to boost energy, confidence and strength.
Diet & Nutrition:
- Shopping Smart: Say cheese: The best of the low and nonfat varieties.
- Recipe Makeover: Hearty Halloween stew.
- Forever Greens: Chard, collards, mustards, spinach, kale - check out this year's delicious, nutritious vegetables.
- Beauty in Action: Wake up to a better complexion.
- Techtrek: Sleek, fun and functional new hiking threads.
Mind / Body / Health:
- In Shape: What's new, what's hot in health and fitness: dealing with body hang ups... metabolism boosting gene?... seaside spa roundup...
- Inner Shape: The shaman's cure: How modern day healers are using ancient tricks.
- Health: The breast cancer estrogen link.
- Weight Loss Q&A: Answers to your most pressing questions: calorie counters on cardio machines... low-fat vs. reduced fat vs. lite...
- Success Stories: Robyn McBride, Amy Daunce and Kathy Driskell show you their way.
- You're in Love (but will it last?) Take this quiz and put your relationship to the test.
- The Best Medicine: The future of medical care combines mainstream and alternative therapies with self care skills. Is your doctor giving you what you need?
Sports & Adventure:
- Escapes: Bond with nature at Salish Lodge & Spa
- Nature's Jungle Gym: Bouldering combines the fun of the playground with the challenge of the rocks.
In Every Issue:
- From the Publishers: By Joe and Betty Weider
- Advisory Board
- Hot Lines: From our readers
- Buyer's Guide: For retail information
- Just Out: It's up and coming and you heard it here first