To add your comments, please email Ron at Ron@Getbig.com.
- Flex Wheeler came to the 2002 Olympia with a mission. To go into the contest drug-free, and because of his faith in God & Jesus, using drugs after he said he would not would not be right, especially by Jesus in God's faith. What would Flex be hiding by using steroids. He can see him anywhere. So before you go and pass judgment just because Flex looked so good at the Olympia, get to know Flex. He has changed. Flex definitely deserved his placing at the Olympia.
- Flex looked fantastic. Without looking at past pictures, you could barely
tell the difference. You can definitely tell that Flex cut back on the
drugs for this show, but as far as being 100% clean, this is hard to
believe. He still has that hardness that is only attainable with drugs and
he was not that much smaller. In his prime, he was only competing at around
220 to 230 lbs with gear, which means at 215 he lost very little muscle. I
believe he was on a number of undetectable drugs, like GH and maybe some
water based anabolics. Maybe not as much gear as before, but definitely some
help. It only makes sense. Consider this: if maintaining that much size
and hardness was possible without using any drugs, don't you think everybody
would want to live longer and save thousands of dollars a year by going
clean? Of course! This would have happened long ago. Think about how
quickly bodybuilding would regain respect, mainstream acceptance, and more
money for everyone!
- I think Flex has the best back double bi's pose. His genetics are awesome.
- There are bigger backs in the IFBB, but Flex's out pops them all.
- I'm sure Flex was as natural as you can be for the contest. As far as not taking steroids. He basically said anyone who wanted to test him could feel free to do so, at any time. But synthetic testosterone is only one of many supplements that are used. A lot of things they don't even have a test for.
- Remember that Flex has probably had 25 years of training under his belt at this point. Taking a year off the steroids might not have that much of an effect
- Saying Flex is too small in not cool. You guys obsessed with size are clueless. It is part of what's wrong with the sport today. Flex will ALWAYS look better than Markus, unless Markus gets a body transplant.
- Flex Wheeler - This guy almost got a bigger gift than Levrone. He has great structure and genetics that cause him to look extremely defined in certain areas, but his condition was off. What hurt him even more was that his size was down. His chest was flat, and his quads were almost as small as Levrone's. His upper back looked smaller than anyone in the top ten, and his rear and side delts looked flat and unproportionate (I guess the synthol really is gone). He deserved 10th, barely.
- Flex looks good. He is big, but smaller than in past. Definatly got back into shape. Detailed, but maybe slightly smooth. Can see quad stris. Does split to floor. Amazing tris. He should place high, but won't win. Legs a little small. Great abs. Does the Coleman strip-to-flag trunks.
- I give Flex mad props for having the balls to come into the Olympia juice free. God bless him. I just hope he does not get pissed off and retire. Bodybuilding most definitely needs Flex. He is one of the best.
- I agree 100%. Flex passed all his drug tests and proved he was natural and STILL placed 7th! He gets major props from me for doing that and making that type of statement!
To those who think Flex is natural, I repeat Flex is not natural. He passed a test much like the roided up freak of nature East German swim team of the 70's. Get real! There is no test for GH. You can also use steroids which wash right out of the body quickly. Guys we are talking top 7 at the Olympia here. No genetics or bio chem supplements will get you there. If Flex looks this good natural, he would be 290 lbs ripped, and way bigger with all the gear. Was he? Nope.
- I for one feel he was drug free. He was NOT massive and looked sleek and ripped with great lines. While it is obvious drugs to make difference, you can't become a Flex Wheeler or even a top 20 guy at the Olympia with just drugs. Granted, despite the fact Flex looked great drug free this year, we will have all kinds of naysyaers that never won anything on a boatload of drugs claim Flex is a lier, etc. Let 'em yell and rant, for my money Flex proved his pt and respect him for it.
- His placing really surprised me. I thought for sure that he would make the top-four. He did not look too happy to me,
- The guy did The Big One without any precontest drugs. It's incredible to beat so many of the top guys while being temporarily natural. I don't dig the steroid aspect of the "sport", but we have to realize it is existent. Therefore it is just even greater when someone like Wheeler comes along a brings something different to the scene.
Instead of putting him down for not being as big or as dry as some of the others, give the man credit for competing with this "handicap". His incredible symmetry made up for any lack of mass.
- I think Wheeler's physique is sweet, but clean or juiced at this year's Mr. O is a mute point - -the guy's physique is a product of years and years of drug use, plain and simple. he can never be called natural, so he might as well keep it up and try to up his placings.
- I agree. Wheeler was awesome. He showed what my definition of what a bodybuilder should look like this year.
- Anyone who thinks Wheeler was clean for the O is out of his mind. Wheeler was hitting the steroids!