Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA/UFC)

i honestly think ronnie coleman would beat the shit out of royce gracie

<< < (12/14) > >>

oldtimer1:

--- Quote from: anabolichalo on December 03, 2013, 12:06:51 PM ---and royce would die after 1

--- End quote ---

The bodybuilding gym I go to is owned by a martial artist. His dojo is across the parking lot. He keeps a single heavy bag in the bodybuilding gym. Some seriously strong guys work out in this gym.  It's a hard core place. I've seen some of the big lifters hit the bag. It's shocking how softly they hit the bag thinking they are doing killing it. A 450lbs raw bench doesn't translate into punching power. A hard punch is power and not pure strength. Two separate entities. I bet Mayweather couldn't bench 225lbs but could hit the bag like a mule was kicking it. That's power. Same as some power lifters with these huge half squats they do in competition. Think with all that strength they could easily dunk or explode with a great 40 yard dash?  Nope, most couldn't waddle a 40 yard sprint or jump better than a guy that doesn't lift weights. 

Also few mentions of cardio conditioning. Many of the Gracie's run like most fighters. Coleman would be spent if he had to run more than a block. Lastly it goes without saying is that Royce has been fighting since he could walk. He's a grappler with no strike training that was exposed after awhile.  Even with no real strike capabilities his submission wrestling would have Coleman in a world of hurt quickly.

Yes, I have nothing to do but pontificate on who's stronger Tarzan or Flash Gordon.

Humble Narcissist:
I can't believe this was ever seriously discussed.

bhank:

--- Quote from: the trainer on November 22, 2013, 05:43:25 PM ---When bob sapp fought big nog he was still green in mma, if he had took mma seriously he would have being unstoppable but instead he decided to start throwing fights, if you call him up right now for 30 grand you can fight him and he will tap out in two minutes.

--- End quote ---

Exactly people don't realize Saap stopped trying to win when he realized he made the same money just to show up

bhank:
Bob saap won his first dozen fights and was beating world champions then he started taking dives because they were not paying him enough money to take any damage so he would just tap out once touched. If they had paid him to win he would have been a world champion

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: bhank on May 24, 2021, 04:24:33 PM ---Bob saap won his first dozen fights and was beating world champions then he started taking dives because they were not paying him enough money to take any damage so he would just tap out once touched. If they had paid him to win he would have been a world champion

--- End quote ---
He did not win his first dozen fights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Sapp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version