Author Topic: Golovkin vs Monroe live streams  (Read 24516 times)

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
Re: Golovkin vs Monroe live streams
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 06:22:28 AM »
why?

its mostly a fighter thing and its very hard to redeem yourself afterwards you will always be seen as a quitter unless your duran he was gonna shit his pants in the ring which is the only excuse to quit.
its like passing the ball to the other team in basketball you just dont do it.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 06:26:57 AM »
I think Froch's halts him myself. The guy has a crazy punch resistance - and I don't think GGG hits freakishly more than Kessler or Groves who hit Froch with the kitchen sink and still lost.

Abraham was a wrecking ball at middleweight, some of his KO's were far more devastating than Golovkin's and when he stepped up and put Jermain Taylor in hospital with that brutal stoppage, people thought his power carried up - but Froch speared him all night and gave him a thrashing, Abraham's shots bounced off the brit.

Golovkin should stick it out at middleweight if you ask me, because Ward would nullify and smother him over the distance to an ugly 12 round decision.

8 pounds is a big leap up from middle.

Agreed with your overall comments - that Froch and Ward would beat GGG. However, I disagree with the comparison between GGG and Abraham as although Abraham had crazy power, he was always really limited. GGG does seem to have far more ability along with the power.
I'd rather Ward moves up to LHW and fights Kovalev while GGG hangs at MW and takes out Cotto/Canelo.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 06:37:57 AM »
GGG vs kovalev would be a crazy dope fight!

GGG would get sparked like Chavez Jr vs an 175.  The most Kovalev would go down too is 172 because he knows GGG fought 300 fights and a silver medal at 167.  Look at the weigh-in for the Monroe fight and see how drained and flat GGG was. He's cutting hard like Crawford at 135 to make weight.  As someone said, Mexican Style won't work as good at 168 because the bigger fighters will hit and smoother him like Ward.  It's the same with Thurman. Do you think he'd "One Time" Lara, Andrade and Canelo at 154 if he stayed in that division? Amazing how current generation fighter cut, re-hydrate and pretty much recover fully by fight time.    

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »
Agreed with your overall comments - that Froch and Ward would beat GGG. However, I disagree with the comparison between GGG and Abraham as although Abraham had crazy power, he was always really limited. GGG does seem to have far more ability along with the power.
I'd rather Ward moves up to LHW and fights Kovalev while GGG hangs at MW and takes out Cotto/Canelo.

I agree Abraham had an odd style, not very dynamic.

But the point I was making (badly I admit) is that GGG's big asset is this amazing punching power, that will diminish as he moves up -  I also add there isn't a guy on his record that Froch etc couldn't flatten , maybe even quicker.

Martin Murray wouldn't go 4 rounds with Froch. Kessler would have crushed Monroe in a round or so.

I loved GGG in the amateurs, a real gutsy fighter and good pressure, but Gaydarbekov manhandled him in the finals, threw him around like a teddy bear. And the russian was about the same size as the super middles too.

Golovkin's team should stop calling out on TV and actually get some money together and make the fights happen. If HBO believe in him then they will put up good tv money for a marquee fight too. But the reality is that Cotto just signed for like $50m to Rocnation for JUST 3 fights. Whereas GGG has never graced PPV, has no dedicated fan base (just onlookers) and brings nothing to the party from a financial point of view. He prob got $600k for Saturday.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »
Golovkin got $1.5 million for last Saturday, Monroe got $100 thousand. The money is a big thing though, They're already poo-pooing a GGG vs. Ward fight cause they see no money in it. They need him in with a hot, game fighter like Canelo.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
Golovkin got $1.5 million for last Saturday, Monroe got $100 thousand. The money is a big thing though, They're already poo-pooing a GGG vs. Ward fight cause they see no money in it. They need him in with a hot, game fighter like Canelo.

Oscar would only allow the fight at 157. GGG is killing himself to make 160.  That's the equalizer and Canelo inside game vs GGG's weak inside work.  Fucking 6KO fighter was lighting him upside for 2.5 rounds.  Of course they sell it as GGG letting Monroe in the fight while he is gasping for air between rounds in his corner.

What i also like is, when someone, Gabe, Stevens or Osuma (all 154s), goes rounds with him, he always has the flu bug.  ::)

Ward will hit and smoother him.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »
ward isnt a star and inactive

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »
Tszyu wasn't as good as he was made out, he retired on his stool against Hatton...

Tszyu fought Hatton after a non stop flight from down unda and no sleep. 
all drugs - TPPIIP

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »
LOL!

look how lemieux fights on the back foot.  this guy is getting hype for beating gabe.  jermell charlo beat gabe 12-0 rounds.

LEMIEUX WAS ONLY 22 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME AND WAS WINNING AT THE TIME OF THE STOPPAGE  
NOW LEMIEUX IS A DIFFERENT BEAST THAN AT THE TIME OF LOSS AGAINST RUBIO.
IS MUCH BETTER FIGHTER AND PUNCH AS HARD AS GOLOVKIN .
LEMIEUX WILL KO GOLOVKIN !!!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »
Tszyu fought Hatton after a non stop flight from down unda and no sleep. 

If that's true he's an idiot and deserved to be retired..

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »
LEMIEUX WAS ONLY 22 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME AND WAS WINNING AT THE TIME OF THE STOPPAGE  

could we do paypal bet when that fight happens? and i'm not a betting man. lemieux's career has been rejuvenated b.c of the Gabe fight. the problem i have is, the charlo twin who can't punch pieced up gabe.   

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 05:45:47 PM »

Lol kill yourself