Author Topic: 01-02-06: Any pics of Craig & Kelly's house  (Read 27599 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: 01-02-06: Any pics of Craig & Kelly's house
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
In photo #15 (L-R, T-B) you can see a crack pipe on the table. It's either that or a Pez dispenser.
a

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 03:58:32 PM »
this guy has had the same tv and tv stand I bought at walmart 4 years ago in college HAHAHAHA

Steel-Lucifuge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »
If I remeber correctly they had four or three houses in Las Vegas.
So comparing to other pros, they were definitely doing well.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »
A better TV would've looked better some have different priorities.

Looks like he was busy bangin' & workin' out along with the jacuzzi.. :o

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 04:44:23 PM »
Plus can't have the latest TV's etc. with all the "supplements" for both of them pre-contest.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »
I agree they have done well for themselves, but all in all, financially speaking, they could not keep that lifestyle in other parts of the US. Such as CA. In the bay area $500,000 is a very, very modest home. Most modern townhomes can sell close to that. I guess what i am saying is they were far from rich. Suprising seeing all the publicity they used to get.

You're being polite, so I won't say "no shit"  ;), but if you're talking about NoCal or SoCal, then you're talking about numbers that are considered "ridiculous" by the average American.  It's an honest perspective (because you live there), but it's not a normal perspective, when you look at median home prices across the U.S.  You guys actually have townhomes selling in the $800,000+ range on a regular basis, which we're starting to get down here in LA, too.  But those prices are unique to America's great cities, plus California - SF, LA, San Diego, Chicago, NYC, Boston, Philly, and DC.  Seattle is starting to get high, but still nothing like the others.  Miami is on that level, too.  Go to Portland, Dallas, Houston, St Louis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Phoenix, Vegas, however, and the numbers are completely different. 

I recently looked at a little 3-BR, 2-BA, 1300 sf starter (built in 1978) out here in Ventura County.  The seller is determined to get $605,000 for it and $550,000 was out of the question.  By contrast, when I was home shopping in Raleigh (NC) back in November, and found a newly-built, 4700 sf dream for just over $500,000 all closing costs included. 

I don't know what Craig & Kelly's rental properties are like, but the fact that they were working on building equity in 5 (or possibly more) homes says a lot about them.  They could've continued living comfortably in Vegas or they could've cashed out and moved to a small town in middle America and lived like royalty.  All other issues aside, I give them credit for buying their home and some rental properties. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
they were far from rich. Suprising seeing all the publicity they used to get.

Publicity has never paid a single bill.  A lot of the youngsters in the sport just don't get that.  In fact, there are some veterans who still believe that publicity = $$$.  The only one getting paid on that publicity are the magazines and the photographers.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 07:03:12 PM »
all in all, financially speaking, they could not keep that lifestyle in other parts of the US. Such as CA.

Duh! You've just provided a compelling reason to live elsewhere. Others can pay huge sums for the privilege of living in SoCal.

I like their house; nice size and tasteful.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »
You're being polite, so I won't say "no shit"  ;), but if you're talking about NoCal or SoCal, then you're talking about numbers that are considered "ridiculous" by the average American.  It's an honest perspective (because you live there), but it's not a normal perspective, when you look at median home prices across the U.S.  You guys actually have townhomes selling in the $800,000+ range on a regular basis, which we're starting to get down here in LA, too.  But those prices are unique to America's great cities, plus California - SF, LA, San Diego, Chicago, NYC, Boston, Philly, and DC.  Seattle is starting to get high, but still nothing like the others.  Miami is on that level, too.  Go to Portland, Dallas, Houston, St Louis, Charlotte, Atlanta, Phoenix, Vegas, however, and the numbers are completely different. 

I recently looked at a little 3-BR, 2-BA, 1300 sf starter (built in 1978) out here in Ventura County.  The seller is determined to get $605,000 for it and $550,000 was out of the question.  By contrast, when I was home shopping in Raleigh (NC) back in November, and found a newly-built, 4700 sf dream for just over $500,000 all closing costs included. 

I don't know what Craig & Kelly's rental properties are like, but the fact that they were working on building equity in 5 (or possibly more) homes says a lot about them.  They could've continued living comfortably in Vegas or they could've cashed out and moved to a small town in middle America and lived like royalty.  All other issues aside, I give them credit for buying their home and some rental properties. 

did kelly come with resources to build this equity faster?  i ask this because if craig was too lazy to bury the body i doubt he was doing sweat equity in empire building

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2006, 08:37:51 PM »
Publicity has never paid a single bill.  A lot of the youngsters in the sport just don't get that.  In fact, there are some veterans who still believe that publicity = $$$.  The only one getting paid on that publicity are the magazines and the photographers.

you got that right.

the only thing notoriety/publicity/reputation does is get you about 2 seconds notice when you do bring a proposition to the table.  However, if you can't bring value, you have to kick rocks with the rest of the unknowns.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 09:08:12 PM »

Good point. Seeing that Craig and Kelly were on/in numerous magazines and covers, with several "good" sponsors over their careers, goes to show that there really is no money in this sport. Any other sport with that kind of sponsorship would be much more lucrative. I can almost guarantee that the new up a coming UFC guys with sponsorship form companies like Zyience, etc. are making more than most bodybuilders. It must really be depressing for these BB's that are seriously thinking this sport is going to take care of them.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »
Duh! You've just provided a compelling reason to live elsewhere. Others can pay huge sums for the privilege of living in SoCal.

I like their house; nice size and tasteful.

Yes CA is ridiculous in price, but I feel there is a lot more opportunity here as far as business and employment go. Is it worth the price? I don't know, but hey can't beat the weather ;)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »
Yes CA is ridiculous in price, but I feel there is a lot more opportunity here as far as business and employment go.

That's only true if you are in (or "wanna be" in) the entertainment industry.  There are many lower-priced cities that have business enviornments and opportunities as good or better than Cali.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »
That's only true if you are in (or "wanna be" in) the entertainment industry.  There are many lower-priced cities that have business enviornments and opportunities as good or better than Cali.

with many businesses, you can do as much from a laptop in Missouri as you can from a tall building in NY.

and the peace of mind and lack of commute will likely improve your work performance.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2006, 06:24:09 AM »
Tre I also live in Ventura County and I agree, it is absolutely insane.  I just split up with my girlfriend, but together we would have made about $140k this 2006 and still we were thinking it would be tough for us to buy a nice house.  Personally, I don't think the market will slump out here either because its such a nice area.  Heck, Townhomes up here in Ojai are over a million for something really nice. 

That and the fact this area is infested with gang members, drug trafficers, and pockets of near indiginent social circles that need the government to survive...the worst public schools (test wise) in the United States, impassible issues in the State Senate, strictest gun control in the nation (haha)...horrible future job outlook for working class people, earthquakes, illegal immigration, it is a wonder anyone would want to live here !!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 09:02:11 AM »
Tre I also live in Ventura County and I agree, it is absolutely insane.  I just split up with my girlfriend, but together we would have made about $140k this 2006 and still we were thinking it would be tough for us to buy a nice house.  Personally, I don't think the market will slump out here either because its such a nice area.  Heck, Townhomes up here in Ojai are over a million for something really nice. 

That and the fact this area is infested with gang members, drug trafficers, and pockets of near indiginent social circles that need the government to survive...the worst public schools (test wise) in the United States, impassible issues in the State Senate, strictest gun control in the nation (haha)...horrible future job outlook for working class people, earthquakes, illegal immigration, it is a wonder anyone would want to live here !!!

um i didnt see a conference table

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
Big Alski,

So if together with your ex-girlfriend, you would have made about 140K last year, can we assume that your ex-girlfriend made about 138K a year? And why does Ron pay you 2K to post on Getbig?

Special "Y2K" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

That really is just the typical stereotype of CA. True,there are possible business opportunities everywhere,  but there are always businesses and people with money to spend in CA. Just look at the amount of new homes being built. Even though they may seem out of sight in price, people are buying them.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2006, 01:07:33 PM »
No, I would have made 52 next year and she would have made 88.  I am on vacation, that's why I am posting here.  And you comment was unwanted, please dont comment about me something you don't know.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »
Alski,

Wow! Your ex makes 88K/year! Can I have her number because doing the math, I think if I hook up with her, I won't need to work at all.

Special "I'll take Alski's Sloppy Seconds" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

TJ-JD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

NYC (most notably Manhattan) is on a whole different level of painful real estate prices.  Townhouses can cost  up to 50 mil.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
Alski,

Wow! Your ex makes 88K/year! Can I have her number because doing the math, I think if I hook up with her, I won't need to work at all.

Special "I'll take Alski's Sloppy Seconds" Ed

I got thirds after you milk that cow, eh matey?

j/k Alkie...

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
RUDE

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2006, 05:41:08 PM »
RUDE

hahaha "BigAlski" ok

Who's your ex banging now?  I bet he makes over 100G's  and your wife stars in bukakke films.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2006, 10:09:54 PM »
Havenbull,

That wasn't nice. You got any bukakke videos?

Special "Nine Inch Males" Ed
BigNationRadio.com